Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The thing about the factory aux switch option is it gets you slightly larger battery.......... you don't get that with after-the-sale installs or non-MOPAR switches.
And............... you can configure them for momentary or latching operation, and ign or battery source, and if latching and ign, you can have them remember last position.
Sponsored

OngsterA

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge Rubicon
Occupation
Software Security
Mine was in Package 24R

Jeep Gladiator Rubicon with no aux switches? 1655757564246

domingjm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Diesel
The airplane ticket cost me $140, $180 in gas and one day of my time.

So if we figure $260 in gas now, its $400 plus one day.

Do you make $5400 per day? I don't. If you do. Fantastic. I am sincerely very happy for you.
(A friend of mine who is a surgeon found a similar deal on a Porsche Taycan. Its not worth $6k for him, so I understand)

But for most of us, its worthwhile.
This past weekend, I was doing exactly that: flew from Fort Collins to Springfield MO. Spent $90 on a hotel, $315 on a flight, ~$200 in gas. Came out about $2,000 on top. AND I got to eat McDonalds all day long. Then proceeded to blow that money on a few different upgrades šŸ™„

domingjm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Diesel
And............... you can configure them for momentary or latching operation, and ign or battery source, and if latching and ign, you can have them remember last position.
Admittedly I haven't read much about it, but does anyone happen to know if the Auxbeam below is capable of designating latching/momentary? Any other significant limitations? Wanting to do this very soon.

EDIT: unless I'm wrong, they appear to NOT support momentary.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08RRV197...lja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

Moby

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Gladiator Rubicon, ā€˜17 Renegade, ā€˜83 GMC S-15
Frankly, I wish I could give you the auxiliary switches in my ā€˜21 Rubicon. Donā€™t intend to use them at all - just an option that is useless to me. Oh wellā€¦

Sponsored

rtjeepman

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Jeep Cherokee TH
Occupation
Respiratory Therapist
Mine came without also. Bad thing is and I donā€™t know if itā€™s because I have a diesel, you canā€™t add itā€¦. ā€¦at least thatā€™s what Iā€™m told.

Itā€™s just a black pocket deep enough to fit 90% of a Copenhagen can. Itā€™s never bounced out.

it has the 26R packageā€¦what ever that is.

My 2021 diesel Rubicon was available to order with the auxiliary switches.

The Welsh Griffin

First Name
TBone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Work in an Oven
Iā€™m looking at a rubi thatā€™s getting delivered next week. Good options, but no aux switches on the sticker. Thatā€™s not standard on rubiā€™s is it? If not does anyone have a pic they can share of what it looks like without them?

This is a good set up ....

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Mine was in Package 24R

I thought for $395 a bargain. I must say I focused on the 700 CCA battery which is plenty to work behind a winch and a good 700 CCA battery is 300 bucks anyway. So the switches thrown in sealed the deal. So many of the options seemed overpriced even though I wanted them. The led lighting group seemed a bit high.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of the "my way is better" stuff........... doesn't anyone enjoy a vacation day taking a drive, seeing things, maybe stopping at the home of someone you know online, maybe take an extra day to do or see something along the way?
Everyone tries to sell others on "how I did it is a lot better". Maybe for THAT person, not for others.
You make a valid point. I'm just surprised at

1) the number of people even on this forum who aren't aware of the several dealers who will give 6%+ off on orders.

2) The number of impetuous, impatient, lazy people who won't spend a day or two to save $5000+.

I've had private conversations with people who refused to do the trip and paid $5000 more than I did and based on later posts about payments and money, needed the extra $5000 much more than I did.

MntWild**

Iā€™m looking at a rubi thatā€™s getting delivered next week. Good options, but no aux switches on the sticker. Thatā€™s not standard on rubiā€™s is it? If not does anyone have a pic they can share of what it looks like without them?
My 22 Diesel Rubicon did not come with the aux switched. I did however add them. It was not that hard if you are mechanically inclined.

Jeep Gladiator Rubicon with no aux switches? IMG_2707.JPG

Sponsored

MntWild**

The thing about the factory aux switch option is it gets you slightly larger battery.......... you don't get that with after-the-sale installs or non-MOPAR switches.
Do have any part numbers for the larger battery? I have searched and spoke to the dealer about this and I was told the diesels have the same battery regardless of the switches. Unless its the 2nd smaller battery that is different.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Do have any part numbers for the larger battery? I have searched and spoke to the dealer about this and I was told the diesels have the same battery regardless of the switches. Unless its the 2nd smaller battery that is different.
I bet diesels do get the larger batteries.
The crank battery is different on the gassers with the switches.
There is no reason for the aux battery to be any different since it's main involvement is ESS.
They make the crank battery larger due to expected larger electrical accessory loads with aux switches, even with the engine off since you can configure them to operate with the direct battery source or ign power source.

It doesn't say what the battery number is, just the size -
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon with no aux switches? 1655851275044

Soccermike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT GCMLE '19 JLU '08 JKU
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
The Aux switches are a must for any sort of add-on lighting. Best $345 you can spend. I installed this on my JL and it is not trivial getting the harness through the firewall gasket. Plus you need to have the factory link the option into the UConnect software. (Perhaps using the TAZER system, it can be linked but I don't know for certain).

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
The Aux switches are a must for any sort of add-on lighting. Best $345 you can spend. I installed this on my JL and it is not trivial getting the harness through the firewall gasket. Plus you need to have the factory link the option into the UConnect software. (Perhaps using the TAZER system, it can be linked but I don't know for certain).
Installing the Aux switch kit after the fact is a tedious install. One of the few things I highly advise any new person shopping for a Gladiator/Wrangler to either order it or buy off the lot factory installed already if they even remotely have plans in the future of having wire accessories. Like you mentioned, it is the best $ one can spend.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
I bet diesels do get the larger batteries.
The crank battery is different on the gassers with the switches.
There is no reason for the aux battery to be any different since it's main involvement is ESS.
They make the crank battery larger due to expected larger electrical accessory loads with aux switches, even with the engine off since you can configure them to operate with the direct battery source or ign power source.

It doesn't say what the battery number is, just the size -
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon with no aux switches? 1655851275044
I still have the removable plug on the bottom of the battery tray. Iā€™m assuming this means I have the smaller battery, which will be upgraded since I took advantage of the 20% off Badlands 12k this past weekend. It wonā€™t be installed until I get the front end issue squared away.

Iā€™m open to recommendationsā€¦AGM, Lithiumā€¦brand etcā€¦
Sponsored