Selectable Tire Fill Alert

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR / 2005 Grand Cherokee
I've also noticed it's not very good for small incremental changes. The way it works is you turn it on and then when it senses a pressure change (up or down) in a tire it will become active and the horn will blow as needed when your preset is met. Well, if you're just going up/down a few PSI, you may actually make that change before the system becomes active. In other words, it doesn't start monitoring until you've already passed the threshold. Then you either notice and reset, or the horn beeps three times saying you went too far and then you reset.
Sponsored

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
Every time I read this thread I get more annoyed that I canā€™t use this on my LE, and that Jeep doesnā€™t seem to be interested in fixing that. It seems like itā€™d just take a software update, like how is it not just a software issue?
yeah, my sport s with the basic 3" u connect shows me the tire pressure in the gague cluster... it's totally just software that could be added to all gladiators even the base gladiator. I don't understand why they develope a system like this and then only let 1 of the 4 trims have it...

I doubt they will lose many, if any, Rubicon sales by offering this to all; infact they'll probably bring more truck buyers to gladiator away from other brands having it on all trims... letting the sport s compete better with the tacoma, ranger & colorado ect..

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Mine works on my Manual Gladiator Rubicon - 9/2019 build date. I managed to set the high at 35 and the low at 19. Set the 35 first. It will put 35 on both screens, then, delete the second screen, return and set 19.. The 19 will only be set on the deleted screen. At the end, you should have 35 on the first screen and 19 on the second screen. Letting air out is great -- it just honks when you get there. Putting air in is more active. You get more warning horns telling you that you are still below 35 - even if you are filling the tire fast.... Kind of annoying.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hello Everyone,
Our team has finally received an update regarding this. There will be a process released to retrofit this feature. As of now, it is expected in Q1 of 2020. This is all the information we have received at this time, however, we will be sure to update you if anything new is released.
Alex
JeepCares

bigbeerdrinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKU Sahara, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Hello Everyone,
Our team has finally received an update regarding this. There will be a process released to retrofit this feature. As of now, it is expected in Q1 of 2020. This is all the information we have received at this time, however, we will be sure to update you if anything new is released.
Alex
JeepCares
Great!! Thanks for the update @JeepCares

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
Hello Everyone,
Alex
JeepCares
Thank you for this awesome news and pass on our thanks to the teams!

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

Sladecm

First Name
Slade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of the motorcycles...
Hello Everyone,
Alex
JeepCares
Awesome! Maybe Q1 of next year I wonā€™t be quite as #bitterjeep... maybe. Thank you either way the help.

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
So, this means we can add this feature to JTs that did not have it included?
Cheers

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
So, this means we can add this feature to JTs that did not have it included?
Cheers
Hi Denny,
To our understanding, this will still only be available on Gladiator Rubicons.
Alex
JeepCares

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
So what pressures are you guys running on the OEM tires? Iā€™d have to imagine the lowest this feature will let us go is suitable for off-road use. What about on the road? 32psi cold?

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Thank you for the reply and clarification :) please let anyone you can know sport s owners want it too
Hi GBP,
Thank you for your feedback. We will pass it along!
Alex
JeepCares

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
So do the later trucks have different tire pressure sensors or is it just an update in the software? I have tire pressure sensors for my new wheels that I verified work for JLs but don't want to lose the functionality.
Sponsored