Selectable Tire Fill Alert

Duck27

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Not sure if anyone cares at this point or not. I have a April 5 2019 production JT rubi. It did not have the tire fill alert when I purchased in Apr 2019. I went in for an oil change yesterday and ask for them to check to see if there were any software update for my vin. When I went to pick up my JT I was informed that the tire fill update had been applied. The service tech writer had no idea what it was, so I explained it to him. When I got my JT back and look on the app screen it was not showing. I fooled around in the different menus and could not find it. I showed him a video of how it should work he was amazed. I then talked to the service manager and he found the correct TB for my make date and reflashed the software. They had to do this 3 times to finally get the icon to show up on the display in the JT. I have not tried it yet but it is at lease showing on the display. Hope this helps.
Sponsored

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I was just reading my owner's manual about this yesterday. I hate the backbreaking work of airing up (I'm 70 years old, so give me a little slack), so a mechanical engineer friend of mine that I make occasional runs with fabricated me a Christmas gift using four lines to each of my tires from the ARB Twin Air Compressor under the passenger seat. Each line locks onto an air valve--so no having to squat, holding the air hose in place. Only problem is when it gets near the target pressure, it tends to cycle for a while as the expanding air cools down, lowering the pressure. With this, I can set a target pressure much higher than I need, and then just wait for the horn to honk at a pressure a couple pounds higher (because it will drop down once it cools). And, Jeep's limitation of one tire at a time is moot because the manifold on this device ensures all four tires are at the same pressure.

Image3.jpg

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I was just reading my owner's manual about this yesterday. I hate the backbreaking work of airing up (I'm 70 years old, so give me a little slack), so a mechanical engineer friend of mine that I make occasional runs with fabricated me a Christmas gift using four lines to each of my tires from the ARB Twin Air Compressor under the passenger seat. Each line locks onto an air valve--so no having to squat, holding the air hose in place. Only problem is when it gets near the target pressure, it tends to cycle for a while as the expanding air cools down, lowering the pressure. With this, I can set a target pressure much higher than I need, and then just wait for the horn to honk at a pressure a couple pounds higher (because it will drop down once it cools). And, Jeep's limitation of one tire at a time is moot because the manifold on this device ensures all four tires are at the same pressure.

Image3.jpg
Well, just tried it out and had to enable STFA in settings (thanks to whomever posted that). Now the max PSI I can set is 28. Not much use for filling tires that low. I don't need to lower pressure since I use calibrated tire deflators. The stopped hissing works better than a horn, and all four at a time. Any idea why 28 PSI max? The Jeep video I watched showed 37 or such.

IMG_20200227_083413.jpg

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well, just tried it out and had to enable STFA in settings (thanks to whomever posted that). Now the max PSI I can set is 28. Not much use for filling tires that low. I don't need to lower pressure since I use calibrated tire deflators. The stopped hissing works better than a horn, and all four at a time. Any idea why 28 PSI max? The Jeep video I watched showed 37 or such.

IMG_20200227_083413.jpg
Mine goes to 37, try hitting preset and clear, then try hitting the plus again.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Mine goes to 37, try hitting preset and clear, then try hitting the plus again.
I did save a preset and then clear it. Made no change. Was wondering if the current tire pressure affects what you see. If you're not aired down, it assumes you will be. If you are aired down, it assumes you need higher pressures. IOW, maybe I need to let air out of a tire and see what happens.

EDIT: To be honest, I can make this work. Hook it all up, and when horn beeps, go over and pay attention to the tire pressure gauge (it monitors the manifold pressure, and all four tires will be the same). When it hits 32, turn off the compressor--which should stabilize at 30. That shouldn't take but a minute or so with that Twin Air on my 35s.

Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Took mine in today for first service and to get the STFA enabled on my 7/19 build Launch Edition. I had my TSB printed out and ready to go, but when I arrived, they did the normal check in with the WiTech tool and said ā€œOh, I see you have the Tire Fill Alert TSB, did you want us to do that?ā€, so I said yes and put my printed TSB away. Dropped it off for the oil change, rotation and STFA, called me just over an hour later to say it was all done. I saw some stories about people saying they had issues with the flash, or dealers needing to put it in a sleep state for over an hour, so I purposely waited about 2 hours to go pick it up. Saw the grayed out icon on the radio, and was able to enable it in settings and access it to pay with the settings. All in all is was a pretty easy and smooth operation.

As a heads up, on mine, it did a full reset of settings. I had removed my Tazer Mini, but forgot to unmarry it. When they do the full reset, it changed my tire size back to stock and got rid of my cluster splash screen change, so I had to reset those once I plugged it back in.

123A6C7C-ADDD-40F0-ACD7-249F1384ABAE.jpeg
28DD86E3-54DF-4A07-9838-1F114BCE6183.jpeg

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
So mine worked twice on my Rubicon 8.4 screen. Now the app is still available but the hazards donā€™t flash to indicate itā€™s active or does the horn honk.
Anyone else have this happen ?

STEELCITYDJ87

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTM White, 2021 JLR Black
Hoping somebody sees this.

where is it in the settings menu. Got the app button (does not work) but nothing in menu even close to those words.

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So I've used this up and down today.

It's garbage. I'll never use it again. Going down it beeps at the low pressure warning and won't go lower than 15.

Going up it's incredibly inaccurate and won't beep for each tire. It's hit and miss about if it works or not.

Back to the using my ARB deflator because it works every time.
I agree it is like the further away I get from the right front it is slow to beep or I have to deflate and then it beeps or like the left rear it does not beep at all even with the pressure reading correctly on the dash

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hoping somebody sees this.

where is it in the settings menu. Got the app button (does not work) but nothing in menu even close to those words.
Itā€™s under Safety and Driving Assistance.

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
I did save a preset and then clear it. Made no change. Was wondering if the current tire pressure affects what you see. If you're not aired down, it assumes you will be. If you are aired down, it assumes you need higher pressures. IOW, maybe I need to let air out of a tire and see what happens.

EDIT: To be honest, I can make this work. Hook it all up, and when horn beeps, go over and pay attention to the tire pressure gauge (it monitors the manifold pressure, and all four tires will be the same). When it hits 32, turn off the compressor--which should stabilize at 30. That shouldn't take but a minute or so with that Twin Air on my 35s.
Resurrecting an old thread... is there any definitive process that works for this? I can activate the STFA app in settings and change the presets in the app, but how do you know it is working? I had mine overfilled and tried to air down to 37- but it went right on by and no lights flash or horn beeps. Are the flashers supposed to go only when it gets to the designated pressure, then the horn beeps? Do you need to have one preset set to lower numbers and one preset set to higher numbers, and it only alerts if you air down to the lower preset but will not alert if you air down to the higher presets? In other words - if the low preset is 30 and the high preset is 35, and actual pressure is 40... the alert will not sound when airing down when it gets to 35 but will sound when it gets to 30? Hope that makes sense...

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
So this is a timely resurrection as I do have it but have never used it and would like to now.

just because itā€™s not clear and I havenā€™t made my way through all thirteen pages of this thread, can someone tell me one way or the other whether this is supposed to work with the engine running or not?

My compressor only works with the engine running, so it would be useless for me when airing up if the truck has to be off.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
So this is a timely resurrection as I do have it but have never used it and would like to now.

just because itā€™s not clear and I havenā€™t made my way through all thirteen pages of this thread, can someone tell me one way or the other whether this is supposed to work with the engine running or not?

My compressor only works with the engine running, so it would be useless for me when airing up if the truck has to be off.
Maybe it'll be quicker to look at your manual...

Screenshot_20211030-080408.png

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
I used it last weekend when I forgot my guage, worked fine. I would not describe the notification as ā€œa chirpā€. More like ā€œsomeone honking the horn when you least expect itā€ šŸ˜Š

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
Tried mine for the first time today also. Worked well. The flashers came on late in the inflation/deflation process for meā€¦just a few seconds before the horn sounded. Was fairly accurate...just off by a pound. I like it. Makes airing up/down faster. Only pain is having to reactivate the application through the settings menu every time you turn the ignition off.
Sponsored

Last edited: