Sponsored

Silverado EV promises 20k towing capability + mid gate design

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
it's a Jeep Gladiator forum, only Jeep related things should be posted here, stick to topic.
The Gladiator wasn't designed in a silo. They took many cues and decisions from what other brands did that were successful. Why can't you do the same and open your perspective a little?
Sponsored

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
weā€™re all heading toward electrics so I feel itā€™s relevant to look at what the competition is doing. Maybe Iā€™m wrong but thereā€™s about 30 threads on Broncos and they arenā€™t gladiators either

Let me know when they start putting charging stations in the middle of the desert or do we have to carry our own diesel generator to do it!

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
it's a Jeep Gladiator forum, only Jeep related things should be posted here, stick to topic.
Youā€™ve made your opinion known. Many of us disagree. And there is the before mentioned general automotive section for a reason. If youā€™re uninterested in this thread, feel free to hit the ignore button.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
No thanks Chevy. I'll wait for this (full size) Jeep Wagoneer pickup instead....

1641437462336.png
I also saw that render. Clean. I personally don't think we're seeing this anytime soon though because Stellantis is focusing on expanding the Ram brand. We know the Ram Dakota (Gladiator with a Dakota shell) is coming and the electric Ram full-size is coming soon after.

I know there's a lot of room at the top of the truck market, but IMO it's a hard sell for a dealer to have the TRX and a Grand Wagoneer truck in the same showroom. I hope I'm wrong because that would be a sweet as.s truck. ;)

portalgun

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubicon Diesel, 02 S2000, 15 4Runner
no comment yet on the atrocious 24" wheels

9000 lbs riding on 24" wheels with low profile tires. It might pop a tire on a speed bump, probably a good thing it has independent suspension all the way around or it might be completely undrivable.

Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I also saw that render. Clean. I personally don't think we're seeing this anytime soon though because Stellantis is focusing on expanding the Ram brand. We know the Ram Dakota (Gladiator with a Dakota shell) is coming and the electric Ram full-size is coming soon after.

I know there's a lot of room at the top of the truck market, but IMO it's a hard sell for a dealer to have the TRX and a Grand Wagoneer truck in the same showroom. I hope I'm wrong because that would be a sweet as.s truck. ;)
I'm in but only if they call it the grand truckoneer

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
We know the Ram Dakota (Gladiator with a Dakota shell) is coming
I sure hope that does nothing to Gladiator sales - or longevity as a truck/Jeep.

I agree with everything but the repair nightmare. EVs have far fewer moving parts, and many times their first required service other than tire rotation is 100k miles. Will battery replacements be expensive at the approximate 10 year mark, sure, but nothing before that is pretty nice. Maybe wiper fluid. :)
I have a life hack idea!! - take it to a remove location and blow it up when the batteries need to be replaced, put the video on youtube! It will make the news!

Let me know when they start putting charging stations in the middle of the desert or do we have to carry our own diesel generator to do it!
Why not plug into the outlet in the truck bed and run the cable to the charging port and charge it as you drive? Hmmmm, something about that just doesn't seem right..........

Stratus109

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL , WJ
Occupation
Welder
Awful looking. I'm pro EV, but this thing looks like a gen 1 ridgeline from the back. I hate these flairs:
Capture.JPG
2008 called and they want their Avalanche back. How is this considered ā€œ super modernā€??? 105k starting price oh but ā€œ muh tax breakā€ lol.

Steve Rollin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2017 LX570, 2015 MB wagon
First edition looks like shit imho but I went ahead and put down 100 bucks. I mean it's refundable and what I learned from my bronco reservation is I lost about a year waiting 24 hours to make my reservation on launch while I waffled on models. Better to have the option. Slightly curious what the high country / off-road model will look like. Def looks too avalanche for me at the moment, and 24" rims are just unacceptable.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
2008 called and they want their Avalanche back. How is this considered ā€œ super modernā€??? 105k starting price oh but ā€œ muh tax breakā€ lol.
Prepare to make heavy aero concessions for EV's. Weight matters a lot less to an EVs range than aero so as we move toward ev pickups expect something like a big santa cruz or maverick. Big beds, high payloads, low car like clearance and significantly less boxy styling.

Personally I cant wait for an EV el camino re-launch

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Now that might be cool.
Hopefully they dont do what they did to the blazer and turn it in to a cross over lol. As cool as the chargers/challengers/mustangs/camaros were, the el camino ss has always been my favorite muscle car, so a re-release done right would be an instant buy from me.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
I think these are our local rates. There are other energy companies in Iowa. We have MidAmerican.
1641440643304.png
Does you state allow you to pick your electricity provider? We can here and I pay 10 cents per kilowatt hour.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Does you state allow you to pick your electricity provider? We can here and I pay 10 cents per kilowatt hour.
No, it's more regional. MidAmerican, the company here, is among the lowest cost in Iowa.
We pay about 2 and a half cents at peak, off-peak summer is just under 2 cents per kilowatt hour.

This is the highest we pay summer rates - not even 3 cents/kilowatt hour - so I'm not going to complain!
Jeep Gladiator Silverado EV promises 20k towing capability + mid gate design 1641505261939

Winter rates are even cheaper.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
No, it's more regional. MidAmerican, the company here, is among the lowest cost in Iowa.
We pay about 2 and a half cents at peak, off-peak summer is just under 2 cents per kilowatt hour.

This is the highest we pay summer rates - not even 3 cents/kilowatt hour - so I'm not going to complain!
Jeep Gladiator Silverado EV promises 20k towing capability + mid gate design 1641505261939

Winter rates are even cheaper.
Reminds me of my Minnesota water bill, the flat service charge was usually higher than my actual consumption because of how low the water rate was.
Sponsored