Sponsored

Snake Oil or has anyone actually had plus results with ECOMAX ?

Chilli

First Name
Wolfgang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLADIATOR RUBICON
Occupation
RETIRED
This thing keeps popping up from time to time.
This is a plug in device to improve MPG.
It's called ''ECOMAX''.

It sounds all ''green'' but my warm & fuzzy feeling just isn't kicking in.

Not really unhappy w/ our Rubicon's MPG. It has to do w/ foot pressure for us.
So not trying to create a debate here, just a question for any of our fellow Gladiators who have tried the ''ECOMAX''.

Thanks for your input
Sponsored

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
All it can really do is soften the gas pedal for you, slow throttle responses to keep vacuum up.
Unless it changes the actual tune (which it can't do) - even then, you aren't going to get better mpg really, it will just feel better. Want something more realistic - what's it called, pedal commander or something like that?

In the old days we'd install vacuum gauges and tell people - make it a game, keep that vacuum up as high as you can.......... Unless your Rubicon is bone-stock, it's not going to do better than about - what is it others are getting - 16-18 with Rubicon? (it's a brick, it's a truck)

Even with his beyond Einsteinian expertise on the tunes of these trucks, he's not going to get you any appreciable gain in mpg under most conditions. Some perhaps, but these things are really maximized more than most others as far as AFR, stoich.

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

First Name
Wolfgang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLADIATOR RUBICON
Occupation
RETIRED
Much thanks for the input.

Sonoran_Mohavey

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Real Estate Development
It sounds elementary but I noticed that when I put the little mpg gauge on my dash screen and watch it while I drive, my mpg went up nearly a full MPG. I noticed a lot of time I lay on the gas more than I need to, and I’m not even getting any speed benefit just higher rpms and lower MPG. Idk, try it and see how it feels. It changed the way I drive the jeep for sure

Sponsored

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
It sounds elementary but I noticed that when I put the little mpg gauge on my dash screen and watch it while I drive, my mpg went up nearly a full MPG. I noticed a lot of time I lay on the gas more than I need to, and I’m not even getting any speed benefit just higher rpms and lower MPG. Idk, try it and see how it feels. It changed the way I drive the jeep for sure
My wife drove the other day hour out and back. She’s BRUTAL when it comes to efficiency and that tank was 13.6. I’m usually 15-16

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You and my wife......... I can tell when she's watching that indicator. And I've taken a que from her and tried it and it's amazing what can be done by changing how you handle the throttle. I bet I could also get close to another mpg if I did what she does. Gain a bit of speed on the downhill, don't try to keep that speed going up, allow it to drop a little bit going up, that sort of thing. How she leaves a stop sign, highway speeds, driving in the hills around here. I bet she has the highest mpg of any Grand Cherokee Jeep has ever sold when she tries - and she always gets from point A to point B on time.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
LOOOOOL

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
Don't know much about gas saving gimmicks but to be honest if I was to be watching my gas milage I would not have bought a jeep truck. In fact everything truck I ever owned sucked gas.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Stock mine did danged well - 22-23 pretty easy, mixed driving was still above 20.
Then I modified it...........
Best MPG in a truck I've ever had and even towing it beat any other truck I've ever had at 13.9

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
That is right up there with magnets around the fuel lines and finned air intakes inside the intake throttle body for the "Tornado"affect

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've used my Hike-It (a $119 pedal commander that works great) to soften my throttle response around town.

Its good for over 1 mpg per tank. When I get on the highway I sometimes switch settings, but often don't bother.

like I said in other posts. I've always driven too fast and too aggressively. The Gladiator's personality lends itself to easy-does-it style of driving. Its slowed me down a lot.

I am VERY happy with the hike it as far as its function. it does exactly what it says it does and it does it reliably and for not a ton of dough.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That is right up there with magnets around the fuel lines and finned air intakes inside the intake throttle body for the "Tornado"affect
There actually is something to turbulence in the intake, swirling the charge or air as it goes in. It helps reduce detonation. It's not going to gain you a ton of mpg. Check out early Briggs and Stratton engines with a sort of corkscrew piece in the carburetor where it bolts to the block. It literally causes the mixture to spin going in. It's factory and they did that for years on the vacujet carburetors.

And there are also dual port intakes that force the charge through a smaller channel when at lower RPM and running on the primaries, and through larger passages for higher speed or into the secondaries. Offy sold a lot of dual port intakes.

I was trying for one of those 35 mpg carburetors but found that big oil bought up all of them and made the guy who invented them disappear.

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Energy per fluid ounce of fuel
Weight
Wind resistance
Rolling resistance

If that device does not change one of the above things, well, you know ...

SIO2GA

First Name
RODNEY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.digforcrystals.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP GLADIATOR RUBICON DIESEL
Occupation
MINING/MINERALS
I second what Sonoran says: toggle the screen until "Current MPG" is displayed numerically on the right below the graph and try to keep the mpg high on take-off and when accelerating.. If you can find it, that is - because it disappears and reappears randomly as others here have mentioned.
Sponsored