Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Maintenance
Nice! Are you going 35's or 37's?
Nice! Are you going 35's or 37's?
I have to do a bit more research. I don't know if the power loss on the street would be to much without changing gears, plus I have to consider what to do about the speedo calibration. Using the stock wheels with spacers is also being considered.
It would be a 35" tire.
Sponsored

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Is there really a difference in what you have to do to your truck with a 39 than with a 37? I would assume both require new gears, new axles, new suspension - basically everything new underneath, and possibly either a new engine or a supercharger to push those heavy beasts around.
I can’t speak to the 39’s, but I wheel with a few JTR’s on 37’s with no regear and OEM axels. There are some trade-offs with gas mileage, but if your not constantly wheeling hard core trails it seems definitely doable. The 4.10 gears paired with the 8-speed automatic offers a lot of flexibility to go bigger. Would be different with 3.73’s, when we had a JT Overland it did just fine wheeling 35’s, but 47!would have been asking a lot. I will regear if needed to pull my trailer when it gets here, and I’ll watch my axels for solitons of stress, but just being smart about technique can mitigate a lot of axel risk.

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have to do a bit more research. I don't know if the power loss on the street would be to much without changing gears, plus I have to consider what to do about the speedo calibration. Using the stock wheels with spacers is also being considered.
It would be a 35" tire.
I drove a 2020 Overland for a year on 35” Nitto RG’s and never felt like it was a problem, no regear. We were off-road as many weekends as we could and it was fine.

haze521

First Name
haz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
e commerce
Vehicle Showcase
Is there really a difference in what you have to do to your truck with a 39 than with a 37? I would assume both require new gears, new axles, new suspension - basically everything new underneath, and possibly either a new engine or a supercharger to push those heavy beasts around.
yessir as far as I’m concerned for 37’s you could still run with stock gears and even almost stock everything, I’ve seen guys stuff 37’s on gladis with no lift most tires run smaller for example the ones I’m thinking about km3’s net about 36.5” and the 8 speed tranny can handle them just fine for most but on 39’s they net about 38” and are wider so some re gearing is a must and some steering upgrades are needed to run them safely

Sponsored

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Had my snazzleberry gladiator for about a month. I love the color. Recently added the 3.5" RC lift, 37x13.5r17's, and the Black Rhino 17x9's.

Jeep Gladiator Snazzberry Gladiator JT club tires
Nice stance!

Is that your spare in the back or your take-offs? I assume you’re able to fit a Nitto RG 37” spare underneath

MNY_PIT

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks... Took forever to decide lift height and tire size. Yes those are takeoffs in the back. The 37 is underneath.

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks... Took forever to decide lift height and tire size. Yes those are takeoffs in the back. The 37 is underneath.
Right there with you...what height, from which company, with which size tire, then AT or MT, from what brand, on whose wheels, with how much offset, and should I regear or upgrade the front driveshaft while at it?

Youtube and forum search data overload....

Looks like you made great choices though.

Sponsored

MNY_PIT

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Right there with you...what height, from which company, with which size tire, then AT or MT, from what brand, on whose wheels, with how much offset, and should I regear or upgrade the front driveshaft while at it?

Youtube and forum search data overload....

Looks like you made great choices though.
Yes data overload 4 sure. Thanks for the compliment.

Shaqeroni

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator & 2021 Jeep JL Wrangler
Occupation
Retired LEO
Had mine for a few weeks now... loving it! Just got around to replacing the front lights with LEDs (headlights are left to do) and swapped out the rock rails for some steps (per the request of my girlfriend)

Jeep Gladiator Snazzberry Gladiator JT club tires
Looks great! Which steps did you go with?

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Looks great! Which steps did you go with?
I went with the Rough Country nerf steps, but ended up getting a pair of Mopar Performance rock rails for cheap, so I've since swapped them out.

RCs were alright--step was a good height, but they had already started to rust in the few weeks I had them on... not great.