First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 1981 CJ8
Occupation
Landscaping
The "one off" guy I mentioned on the RAM forum is a unicorn in getting the 8.4 sales code added to his RAM. He was the first person in the RAM community to mod from the 5.0 radio to the 8.4 radio in the RAM and developed the harnesses and ran a side business selling them.

Him being the first got him under the radar with his local dealer and RAM/FCA corporate telling the dealership to flash the 8.4 sales code for him without understanding what that would open up with them shutting down subsequent requests after the fact.

That is why I hesitated from upgrading to the 8.4 on my Gladiator and feel bad for those that have done it either by themselves or through companies like Infotainment because OTA updates and OEM support is not there and probably will never be there for those people.
I imagine something like this is still out of reach for eg Jscan?
Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hello everyone,

We're sorry to hear about the various concerns you have been experiencing with your Uconnect systems and connected services. If anyone is still experiencing these concerns and would like our team to help get them resolved, please don't hesitate to reach out via private message.

We'll do the best we can to get things back in working order!

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I imagine something like this is still out of reach for eg Jscan?
I have and use Jscan and it will enable features of a radio like turning on front camera inputs but as to making a vehicle see the sales code of a 8.4 system when it did not come with it, that is not there to my knowledge.

Jscan is always tinkering and updating the app so it could possibly be a down the road thing.

awraynor

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Just got back from vacation and haven't had time to mess with it, but my favorites under phone no longer display the way they did.

Haley

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 1981 CJ8
Occupation
Landscaping
I have and use Jscan and it will enable features of a radio like turning on front camera inputs but as to making a vehicle see the sales code of a 8.4 system when it did not come with it, that is not there to my knowledge.

Jscan is always tinkering and updating the app so it could possibly be a down the road thing.
Not that I know what to look for, but I'm going in to add a forward cam next Monday (not ZAutomative, but a similar approach). I'll see if I can find something.

Sponsored

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee

Having the sales code for the 8.4 added doesn’t change anything in the BCM, or anything that an OTA would be “looking for”. The only thing having the sales code for the 8.4 added does is note on the build sheet that the 8.4 was added as a dealer installed option, which you would also be able to see on the Jeep app.
The actual reason a transplanted radio won’t receive an OTA update is because the update has to verify the current VIN that the radio holds. Once you install a radio from another vehicle in yours, as soon as you do a drive cycle, the radio will automatically pull your truck’s VIN from the BCM, and store it as it’s current VIN.
I actually received an an OTA update on the 12” radio that I transplanted into my 2017 Ram, but this was because it was a perfect storm:
The radio module I bought was from a junkyard shared profit truck (a brand new truck that junk yards go in on specifically to part out). At some point before they pulled the radio, it must have been pinged for the OTA update, but not performed yet, THEN the radio was pulled. When I installed it on my truck, put the ignition in run, it immediately prompted the update to be installed, because this was before the radio module had a chance to pull my VIN.

JeepRage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Anyone with an update on Favorite contacts disappearing? This has happened at least 5X over the last few months.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Anyone with an update on Favorite contacts disappearing? This has happened at least 5X over the last few months.
Hi JeepRage,
We just followed up on the PM you sent us!

Sarah
Jeep Cares

GWIZZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
VP Sales
I had taken my Gladiator in for the first oil change and to add a hitch receiver. Jerry Ulm Jeep in Tampa said that had a recall to perform. I had seen the recall on the Jeep app before going. They performed the recall and fried the PCM in the process. Now my Gladiator is sitting in Tampa on the lot and will not run with no ETA on a PCM as they are backordered. How can Jeep Cares help?

Attachments

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I had taken my Gladiator in for the first oil change and to add a hitch receiver. Jerry Ulm Jeep in Tampa said that had a recall to perform. I had seen the recall on the Jeep app before going. They performed the recall and fried the PCM in the process. Now my Gladiator is sitting in Tampa on the lot and will not run with no ETA on a PCM as they are backordered. How can Jeep Cares help?
Send @JeepCares a private message and ask. They do not post anything publicly. They were able to locate a steering box and get it shipped to my dealer, but that was a couple years ago.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Sorry to hear about this, GWIZZ! Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN. We'd be happy to assist further.

Sarah
Jeep Cares

w4jvc

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hope to buy a Gladiator soon
Occupation
sales
Sorry to hear about this, GWIZZ! Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN. We'd be happy to assist further.

Sarah
Jeep Cares
Same thing happened to my Gladiator on 6/30. The dealer got Jeep Wave involved and I now have an ETA of 7/18 for the PCM to arrive at the dealership.
Sponsored