First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
A related question I have... Who has replaced the steel spare with a normal wheel, so it can be put into five-tire rotation instead of four? I hate the idea of a perfectly good tire being "wasted" and never used. That's 20% more tire life. I always did five tire rotations on my JK.
Yep! Just did my first rotation for the Jeep and the dealer didn't have any issue making it a five tire. The center hole on the OEM wheel is a bit tight for the hanger, but turn it just right and it works great. Be sure to put the "pretty side" of the wheel upwards towards the bed. If you angle it down it can get some road rash, but the hanger will probably chew it up pretty bad.

Jeep Gladiator Spare Tire Delete 6B1D0C68-8874-4B5A-AC72-0E4463DC492C
Sponsored

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
Is the factory spare tire on a sport s the same wheel as the rest?

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Yep! Just did my first rotation for the Jeep and the dealer didn't have any issue making it a five tire. The center hole on the OEM wheel is a bit tight for the hanger, but turn it just right and it works great. Be sure to put the "pretty side" of the wheel upwards towards the bed. If you angle it down it can get some road rash, but the hanger will probably chew it up pretty bad.

Jeep Gladiator Spare Tire Delete image
THANKS! Now my challenge is to find a launch edition wheel. Yours looks like LE? Where did you get it?

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Is the factory spare tire on a sport s the same wheel as the rest?
No. All JTs come with a steel spare wheel that does not match the remaining four.

THANKS! Now my challenge is to find a launch edition wheel. Yours looks like LE? Where did you get it?
Mine is actually a standard Rubicon wheel. I got it off a member on here that just happened to be selling in Atlanta when I was up there to visit family. Every once in a while you’ll find someone willing to separate! If not, Mopar parts sellers have them for like $250 or something a piece.

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I haven't been able to find the LE wheels on the Mopar parts sites. They just show all the other editions. I'll go try to refine my Google-fu.

Does the spare come with a TPMS sensor?

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
Because I am running 38x13.50 tires, I will be using the N-Fab tie-down and keeping it in the bed with a cable lock to the rear bed tie-downs. I plan to mount my compressors and tank where the spare tire was located. I will still be able to use the soft tonneau cover on the bed and I can easily remove the spare tire when I need to haul something and rotate tires. This is a photo from N-Fab's website.
Jeep Gladiator Spare Tire Delete n-fab_BM1TSBL

howerch

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra
Occupation
Site manager For Siemens Gas Turbines
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone going with bigger tires take the spare wheel/tire off? Going to 35" tires and thinking about just taking the spare off. I know a 35 will fit in the space, but could save a little money by not buying a 5th tire.
I have changed my tires and wheels to 37" and also installed the same combination on the spare.
I aired down the spare and purchased a small air compressor to air it up if needed. It's tight but it fits.

P1060575.JPG

IMG_4518.jpg

IMG_4512.jpg

howerch

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra
Occupation
Site manager For Siemens Gas Turbines
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of advice. Was thinking of carrying plugs and small compressor when off the beaten path. Could always keep the 33 that's on the spare or get a cheap 35.
Nice set up. Is that a winch in your back bumper? Cool
Is it possible to mount the spare on top of that rack? Maybe too heavy to handle to get up there?

Bob502000

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone going with bigger tires take the spare wheel/tire off? Going to 35" tires and thinking about just taking the spare off. I know a 35 will fit in the space, but could save a little money by not buying a 5th tire.
37s here and got the Smittybuilt large tire inflater and a plug kit, but still keep the spare under there. Out 4 wheeling and a bad cut or something and no spare=screwed.

P1010003.JPG

Sponsored

Bob502000

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have changed my tires and wheels to 37" and also installed the same combination on the spare.
I aired down the spare and purchased a small air compressor to air it up if needed. It's tight but it fits.

Jeep Gladiator Spare Tire Delete P1010003.JPG

Good idea, didn't think of that one. Already have the tire pump.

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
bluedevil1 said:
I took the spare out from under the bed and put it in the bed.

df8729ec-285d-4985-83cd-6ed4b1a1e904-jpeg.jpg

Cool, but that’s not a Jeep wheel. Did you do an axle swap?