Sponsored

Spectacular train wreck destroys Jeep Gladiators :(

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
:stop: Return to "C" status. Do not pass Go, do not collect your deposit. :brokenhearted::crying:

RIP Gladiators :captain:

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
Does "Red" have a alibi? As much as he complained about his hot feet issue and pound of flesh he wanted from FCA, I have my suspicions:LOL:.
You just had to say it!:facepalm:

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Does "Red" have a alibi? As much as he complained about his hot feet issue and pound of flesh he wanted from FCA, I have my suspicions:LOL:.
Red had nothing to do with it I tell you. That darn death wobble was so bad on these jts that it derailed a train! The madness!!! Lol :giggle:

Blown7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Hellcat powered CJ7..... 2007 Jeep SRT8...2018 Trackhawk
I really do not see how they could get around not crushing them. All these vehicles for paper have a "MSO" or Manufacturing Statement of Origin which for all intents is the birth certificate that has to be presented in whatever state a vehicle is first titled. That MSO certifies where it was made and and compliance to the various safety and emission standards. I do not think you can go from a straight MSO to a salvage title or would they want to pay that cost or assume the liability.

I could be wrong but this situation is a little more unique than most.
Well a look back on how FCA handled the three burned Demons is in order to define what happens here.

https://www.allpar.com/news/2017/11/tim-kuniskis-calls-buyers-of-burned-demons-38717

First the train insurance pays off FCA.
Then the vehicles are scrapped.

Then what happens next depends on how much publicity this article gets...

In the case of the Demons only 3300 were supposed to be built, when the three burned up FCA then built three more Demons to take their place with new VINs.

Now with the supposedly 4190 Launch Editions supposed to be built they may sweep this under the rug.. or build how many new L.E.s to replace what was wrecked in this crash.

Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Was kind of thinking the same thing with my Granite LE, which after 98 days still hasn't moved out of C status. Pretty sure mine wasn't on there. :LOL:
66415839_10156507741898811_3472928448379355136_n.jpg
The story goes that there were 33 JTs damaged on the train wreck. We only saw 1 picture with 5. Rumor has it that the rest were all the 27 granite LEs that didn’t bail on the color. The real meaning of c status is special surprise delivery. Sad news is now they all have to be remade which we all know took them a long time initially. Sorry man but I think your wait time just doubled.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
This is heart breaking... I work for a railroad and this is going to cost someone a ton of money, let alone upset a whole lot of would-be JT owners... My thought are with those that have to wait even longer.

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every gladiator you could want

Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
The story goes that there were 33 JTs damaged on the train wreck. We only saw 1 picture with 5. Rumor has it that the rest were all the 27 granite LEs that didn’t bail on the color. The real meaning of c status is special surprise delivery. Sad news is now they all have to be remade which we all know took them a long time initially. Sorry man but I think your wait time just doubled.
Think you are on to something. Jeep has said they are having problems with the Granite Crystal Metallic paint. The problem is the paint makes the JT fragile like crystal. So to ship them they put red and black protective coating on them that is removed by the dealer. That train had the entire batch of Granite Crystal Metallic LEs on it. Now they are going to give up on that paint color completely. Or C status is for crash status, and Jeep knew this was going to happen all along.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Yours should make it to the final rail yard in IA this week, none of my stuff would ever be that far west
Sweet, I was teasing,but appreciate the confirmation.

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every gladiator you could want
Sweet, I was teasing,but appreciate the confirmation.
Painful to look at though, i'm sure there is a train full of disappointed customers out there.

If anyone from that train is on this form I have a silver rubicon unclaimed in D status right now

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
To help ease the pain, maestro some music please.

This does hurt to see. I would think that striking the LE’s on the shipment and replacing them doesn’t affect the 4190 in total. Porsche recently agreed to make a few more exclusive run units to replace those damaged/lost in shipping and they are the kinda crowd that values very very limited short exclusive production runs. FCA would be stupid to not do a like for like replacement otherwise they risk a shit show of bad publicity on this halo vehicle.

Imagine jalopnik running a banner about how FCA just boned a bunch of folks out of 64k, lost the trucks and won’t make good. The comments would burn with the fury of a thousand floorboards.