Steering box

Stlrfan152

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT
Anyone recently get their steering box replaced? Just curious if they are coming in quicker than last fall.
Sponsored

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
I actually had mine done Tuesday. Only took about a week from when they placed the order for me, from but I had it done at a really small dealer, they don't order many. Not sure if there is still the restriction on how many they can order in a month or not. They gave me no hassle, I called them, said the steering wandered pretty bad on the highway and had a large dead spot on center, they ordered it without even seeing the truck.

I can also tell you I'm very happy with the results. If you have a 20 and you're on the fence about it, just do it.

OP
OP
Stlrfan152

Stlrfan152

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT
I actually had mine done Tuesday. Only took about a week from when they placed the order for me, from but I had it done at a really small dealer, they don't order many. Not sure if there is still the restriction on how many they can order in a month or not. They gave me no hassle, I called them, said the steering wandered pretty bad on the highway and had a large dead spot on center, they ordered it without even seeing the truck.

I can also tell you I'm very happy with the results. If you have a 20 and you're on the fence about it, just do it.
Im getting it done. The guy said a week but he said it before they ordered the box. My last jeep had the issue the entire time i owned it and when they finally said they would change the box it was on order for 4 months. I ended up just trading it in before it got fixed. Im glad you like it, I cant wait to have something that steers normal.

Canuck33

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I got mine done last week...took about 3 business days from when I called and they verified it qualified. It does tighten the steering, but my JTR still pulls right.

OP
OP
Stlrfan152

Stlrfan152

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT
I got mine done last week...took about 3 business days from when I called and they verified it qualified. It does tighten the steering, but my JTR still pulls right.
I think i could deal with it pulling, i just hate how much the steering wheel has to move to make small corrections.

Sponsored

Canuck33

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Trust me...no you would hate it!. I've done a couple of overland trips in Texas, SD, and Wyoming...drive the distances to the start are brutal with a hard pull. Even city driving I have to hold the wheel left 5-10 degrees. To change lanes from left to right, I have to hold the wheel to the left....

I recently put the Falcon Nexus 2.2. stabilizer on it and that improved the steering 10-fold (more than the TSB), but still pulls right.

OP
OP
Stlrfan152

Stlrfan152

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT
Trust me...no you would hate it!. I've done a couple of overland trips in Texas, SD, and Wyoming...drive the distances to the start are brutal with a hard pull. Even city driving I have to hold the wheel left 5-10 degrees. To change lanes from left to right, I have to hold the wheel to the left....

I recently put the Falcon Nexus 2.2. stabilizer on it and that improved the steering 10-fold (more than the TSB), but still pulls right.
Yah true. Its very irritating when you cant relax on long drives. My jlu used to pull really hard, it was always unnerving to pass 18 wheelers.

Jimmij

First Name
Jimmij
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator overland, 2004 Honda s2000
Mine was completed 2 weeks after ordering. Big improvement

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
About 3 weeks for mine to come in when u had it done in January. I've heard it's happening faster now. As far as improvements, I really didn't have anything wrong before and it made a slight difference. I thought the first day it felt better so.e but the more I drive it I'm coming to realize it really didn't make that much of a difference. The best thing I got out of it was lifetime alignment on the Jeep, that's worth getting it done.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Wait... What?
Yeah Hendricks told me I had lifetime alignment in mine since they did suspension work under warranty. Not sure if that's the TSB or just them that's doing that. It's notes on my paperwork

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Yeah Hendricks told me I had lifetime alignment in mine since they did suspension work under warranty. Not sure if that's the TSB or just them that's doing that. It's notes on my paperwork
Good on that dealer, the tsb doesn't read that way. Even the alignment part of the tsb can be interpreted to just mean "make the steering wheel straight"
Sponsored