Steering Stabilizer

husker_fan

First Name
josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
silverado,suburban,grand cherokee
Mopar lift and 35s here. I originally got the regular fox steering stabilizer and it always pushed me to the right just like everyone says, returned it and got the through shaft one, much better than the stock one, glad I got it.
Sponsored

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
Of the 2 you tried what did you like better?
I had the nexus 2.1 on a 2 dr rubicon and liked it really well, it was a nicer version than the fox I had on my jk. Did like the slide through design on the Falcon, did not have on the Fox.

microboby

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon , TJ Rubicom , Tesla X
Have the falcon adjustable 2.2, I. keep in medium for everyday driving and works great . For Highway driving switch to firm and makes quite the difference to keep steering tight and handling more solid specially on hard cross winds . It’s a great option and got it at a deal for $200 installed at my offroad shop . Took forever to order though .. running 37”s Milestar and 2.5” lift white falcon shocks too

RustySeatbelt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Ive had the Falcon and Fox, thinking about trying the King. Anyone have experience with it? Their shocks are great, would think the stabilizer would be pretty good.
I should have my King here in about 10-12 days. I can let you know my thoughts once I get it.

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
I should have my King here in about 10-12 days. I can let you know my thoughts once I get it.
Please do, I will see if I can hold off. Which one did you get and is the difference mainly shaft size?

Sponsored

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Just the basic F0x 2.0 for around 150 did a nice improvement for my 35x12.5-17s. BFG ATs.

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to upgrade my factory Steering Stabilizer. I recently went to a 35” tire on my JTR and would like something a little better to soak up some road feedback as the tires a pretty heavy and have a high load rating. Is the shaft through stabilizer really that great? And with the $120 price difference? I am looking at the Fox brand but open to suggestions. I would also like to relocate it to the top vs down low we’re it can get smashed!
Fox adjustable-- done! Quadratec

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
When you guys say changing the stabilizer improves drivability, how exactly? What is it that changes?

Granted, I've only ever run 35s on my Jeeps but they drive pretty darned good with stock stabilizers and I don't even think about it. I could probably remove it altogether and never notice it's gone. The only thing it does is reduce jarring when driving off-road.

Sponsored

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
When you guys say changing the stabilizer improves drivability, how exactly? What is it that changes?

Granted, I've only ever run 35s on my Jeeps but they drive pretty darned good with stock stabilizers and I don't even think about it. I could probably remove it altogether and never notice it's gone. The only thing it does is reduce jarring when driving off-road.
In my case, I have the Fox 2.0 version, and it reduced a lot of the play in the steering.

Its my understanding that this is more of a bandaid rather than addressing the root cause, which is believed by most to be the steering box and other related steering components, but yea, my steering wheel felt a lot more sturdy - more "trucky".

Driving with the OEM stabilizer felt like a gokart, or a video game at the arcade, the wheel spun super easy and had lots of slop. Feels much more sturdy now.

As others have said though, the Fox 2.0 seems to cause your JT to pull to the right a bit, I have been running mine for probably ~17k miles now and im fairly used to it, but replacing it with a nicer one in on my to do list eventually. Im probably going to go with the Teraflex Nexus EF when I get around to it.

NewGladdyOWNR

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
MRI Technologist
I have the fox steering stabilizer. Truck drives as straight as an arrow. I did ’prime’ It 5 times, per the instructions.

jingle

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
I just had 35s put on my JTR including a Teraflex 1.5” leveling kit, and a upgraded Mopar FOX steering stabilizer. Afterwords, my steering seems really loose. I told the mechanics that it didn’t seem right and they told me that the Mopar FOX steering stabilizer is softer than the factory one. Does that sound right?

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I just had 35s put on my JTR including a Teraflex 1.5” leveling kit, and a upgraded Mopar FOX steering stabilizer. Afterwords, my steering seems really loose. I told the mechanics that it didn’t seem right and they told me that the Mopar FOX steering stabilizer is softer than the factory one. Does that sound right?
Does not sound right, I have a 1.5” leveling kit and 35s also have a Fox steering stabilizer, the one I have is the through shaft, works great feels a little more damped then the stock stabilizer to me.

jingle

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Mopar lift and 35s here. I originally got the regular fox steering stabilizer and it always pushed me to the right just like everyone says, returned it and got the through shaft one, much better than the stock one, glad I got it.
@husker_fan - I just got the basic Fox steering stabilizer and it does pull to the right. What is the “through shaft” model?
Sponsored