Sponsored

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Updated with software flash fix timing, per @JeepCares [link to posts on JL forum]
Long shot, but any ballpark idea of how much of delay this will cause in new orders? I was quoted 4-6 week prior to any recall FYI.
The flash is expected in March, but I don't have any specifics.
I saw another post of yours, starting at a certain point new vehicle builds are being held at the factory and will be flashed prior to arriving at the dealer.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

Thanks Kaitlin. So you are saying my manual which was built 10 days ago will likely sit until some (not determined) date in March before it’s shipped? I thought this clutch issue only impacted units built before mid-January?
Yes it will be delayed. The flash is expected in March. The recall affects all manuals built until the flash is available.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

I'm expecting my new 6 speed 2 door Rubicon to be shipped on Feb 18th (friday). Dealer told me everything is on track. Should I expect it not to show up? I read through the posts and it sure seems that way. I'm confused, depressed
Hi, yes it will be delayed. The flash isn't available yet and the dealer can't deliver it with an open recall.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

Original Post:

Saw this posted over on the JL side but not here:

I just received a call from my dealer who told me they have a stop order on all sales of manual transmissions to fix that clutch recall mentioned from a few days ago.

I was flying into DC tomorrow to pick up said Jeep, but no longer. This is terrible, and obviously no ones fault other than Jeep.

Any advice for me going forward? I don’t want to blame anyone, but this leaves such a salty taste in my mouth.

In case anyone was wondering I’m purchasing through Koons, Vienna VA.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
Saw this posted over on the JL side but not here:
Damn! This probably means all orders are going to grind to a halt. Including my Gladiator Mojave that I ordered with a 6-speed manual this past Tuedsay!

Mr.Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
Damn! This probably means all orders are going to grind to a halt. Including my Gladiator Mojave that I ordered with a 6-speed manual this past Tuedsay!
They are still being built. My manual order from December just got a build sheet yesterday. They just can't sell them until they upload the new software for the recall. Supposedly some time in March they will be good to go.

happyjeep

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Comanche MJ and 1998 TJ Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Not surprised for the 2021 model year. I ultimately decided to opt for the used Gladiator automatic instead for couple reasons: I have a torn upper arm ligament and the recall of the Manual transmission. Sadly, my 98 TJ Wrangler Sport will be my last Manual transmission, even though, I'm still keeping it and my 86 MJ Comanche Custom 4x2 pickup. I hope Jeep will finally remedy the problems with the Manual, as this will hurt the Gladiator sales. Furthermore, Stellantis is holding no stops for the relaunch with the Ram Dakota pickup, which will share the Gladiator platform.

Sponsored

Munkey Boy

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3, '79 CJ5, '21 JT Sport S manual.
Occupation
Camp Maintenance
They are still being built. My manual order from December just got a build sheet yesterday. They just can't sell them until they upload the new software for the recall. Supposedly some time in March they will be good to go.
Exact same here, build sheet came through yesterday for a manual Sport S ordered 12/18. I think they are obligated to fulfill all prior orders and update the fix, but they'll have to hold off on new sales until they can catch up to the current lot.

Frank...

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 6-speed
My Gladiator Sport S 6-speed, just arrived and immediately stuck in purgatory at Tri-City. Can’t close the deal on it until Jeep releases the recall satisfaction. May lose out on $1,500 bonus cash for February. Thanks to Travis at Tri-City for snapping the pic!

B0B75A22-8C47-41D0-90AD-E7A1C8E40623.jpeg

Munkey Boy

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3, '79 CJ5, '21 JT Sport S manual.
Occupation
Camp Maintenance
Furthermore, Stellantis is holding no stops for the relaunch with the Ram Dakota pickup, which will share the Gladiator platform.
Now, if that's the case and they're not afraid of cutting into their own market seeing that they'll get the money just in a different pocket, maybe they'll consider a Gladiator with a hemi and some 3/4 ton axles that might pull some Power Wagon sales. I'd upgrade in a heartbeat if that heartbeat doesn't go into cardiac arrest with an $80,000 plus price tag.

stickshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Now, if that's the case and they're not afraid of cutting into their own market seeing that they'll get the money just in a different pocket, maybe they'll consider a Gladiator with a hemi and some 3/4 ton axles that might pull some Power Wagon sales. I'd upgrade in a heartbeat if that heartbeat doesn't go into cardiac arrest with an $80,000 plus price tag.
Sign me up for a 5.7 Hemi Gladiator with 3/4 ton axles!

stickshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Does anyone know what they are actually doing during the sales stoppage? Here are some options they could be pursuing:
(1) Using this time to apply the software "fix" to all manual trucks (i.e. de-tuning the engine under certain parameters).
(2) Working on some other solution - perhaps a hardware solution, like a different clutch.
(3) Something else??

Sponsored

Mr.Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
You can still order a manual today and they are still building them. They just aren't selling any jeeps with an open recall. Since they don't have the recall software available yet they can't sell any manual jeeps. So they are sitting in parking lot at the dealers and at the factory until the new recall can be flashed to the computers.

stickshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
You can still order a manual today and they are still building them. They just aren't selling any jeeps with an open recall. Since they don't have the recall software available yet they can't sell any manual jeeps. So they are sitting in parking lot at the dealers and at the factory until the new recall can be flashed to the computers.
Thanks!

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
Damn!

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
These things are gonna be rare.