Sponsored

Survey- For those with misfire issues

Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Last week I had my JT in for the steering TSB. While in the shop, they also updated the PCM using TSB 18-053-20. It is also list as Rapid response transmittal (RRT) 20-053 dated 28 August. It is a flash of the PCM. Seemed to smooth out my JT engine's performance.

A note states "applies to vehicles built on or before 9 Jul 20.
Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues TSB
Sponsored

Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Let me know if you want the second page of the TSB

asid181

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
New to this thread.... bought a gladiator 2 weeks ago and the 2nd day i had it the CEL came one. I also have been getting the ESS light on and off throughout the 2 weeks. Brought it into the dealership and had the PCM flash done. 2 days later CEL and ESS back on again. Has anyone found a real resolution to the problem? Also, can anyone give advice on record keeping in case I go the lemon law route?

20200915_094221.jpg

Sponsored

mortuar

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L EcoDiesel Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Last week I had my JT in for the steering TSB. While in the shop, they also updated the PCM using TSB 18-053-20. It is also list as Rapid response transmittal (RRT) 20-053 dated 28 August. It is a flash of the PCM. Seemed to smooth out my JT engine's performance.

Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues 20200915_094221
That's the same TSB/PCM flash I got on August 28th and posted about the day after. It made my JT feel like it had a small tune on it. For me, the multiple cylinder misfire (P0300) came back shortly after as well as a pending P0304 (cylinder 4 misfire). I hope it solves it for you.

Gijohn96

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Refinery guy
New to this thread.... bought a gladiator 2 weeks ago and the 2nd day i had it the CEL came one. I also have been getting the ESS light on and off throughout the 2 weeks. Brought it into the dealership and had the PCM flash done. 2 days later CEL and ESS back on again. Has anyone found a real resolution to the problem? Also, can anyone give advice on record keeping in case I go the lemon law route?

That is disturbing. I believe yours is the latest build date we have seen on any of these with misfire issues.

mortuar

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is disturbing. I believe yours is the latest build date we have seen on any of these with misfire issues.
That TSB in regard to the PCM flash covers vehicles built on or before July 9th, 2020... so I'm guessing they found what the issue was and corrected it from July 10th on. We're not seeing every case of this. I'm sure it's much more widespread than we realize.

asid181

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
From everything that I've seen on here, yes I believe that it is. Very frustrating that this is a known issue and they are still selling these! Going back into the shop tomorrow for the 2nd visit.

Robicon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Still no CEL or ESS error since the flash has been done on mine last week. Been driving it every day and it's been cold in the mornings here.
Will take it out again this afternoon for a longer drive and see if it comes back.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

The problem is - and I have ASKED dealers, unless I have an indication, rough running, a light or error, they won't simply perform a TSB like this one. I asked. They said there's no codes and it's not running rough, they don't simply update software without an indication of an issue.

I asked them specifically about the PCM flash - nope, we don't do that, there were no indications of a problem.
I personally think that any time there's a software update, it should be applied if the customer asks, but they won't.

lewishouse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, Max Tow
What I found since the new flash is that I could trip the ESS everytime I drove it. Now that the weather has turned colder it rarely does it. Which to me is not a good thing because how do you prove it's happening

mortuar

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What I found since the new flash is that I could trip the ESS everytime I drove it. Now that the weather has turned colder it rarely does it. Which to me is not a good thing because how do you prove it's happening
Yeah, I don't know what they changed, but I can tell you my truck feels way peppier (which is actually not a good thing, it feels very jumpy now), I can feel it shudder/stutter at highway speeds randomly (feels like it's misfiring or possibly backfiring? doesn't make any sense), and the ESS light comes and goes. No CEL again yet. It's getting cooler here as well, so I wonder if it will throw the code at this point.

JTMojaveTN

First Name
Cade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Hey everyone! New to the threads and new to Jeep. Rolled 1000 miles and that damn check engine light came on and asking to service the start/stop. Confirmed with my dealer today that it was multiple cylinder misfires and was put on a list for a courtesy car while they dig into it. Cannot believe this is happening with a new 60k truck, I am devastated. Hopefully, it will get worked out. Left them the TSB on the steering as well, which they are going to look into for me. Curious as to if anyone has had this completely resolved. (I have not had time to read through the 70 pages yet)

Build date: MDH 071010 (2020 Mojave)
Mileage when it first occurred: 1010
How many times has it occurred: 1
What exact codes did it throw: Multiple Cylinder misfire
Is the issue on going?
Y
If so, what has been done to try to solve the issue?
Was the issue ever fully resolved?
Sponsored