Sponsored

The art of choosing your tire size.................

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
My 2021 Sport S came with silver painted wheels 🤢🤮 Had to fix that FAST. So I went to TireRack Dot Com and got a 17" wheel/35" Tire combo. I should have budgeted a regear since my JT had factory 3.75 gears. Took nearly a year to get regeared to 4.88

Be sure to budget for a regear.
Sponsored

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
I debated between 35's and 37's and ultimately went 37's to compensate for other personal shortcomings. IMO regear with the 6speed is a must! I didn't see 6th gear for about 3000 miles until I went w/ 4:88's.

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
I'm getting close to wearing out the stock MTs on my JTR and will most likely go up to 35s. Aesthetically I think it looks great on the stock suspension, but also on the practical side, I don't really need anything bigger for where I drive it. 33s have gotten me just about everywhere I've wanted to go. And the places it couldn't, well I don't want to break my truck either.

plus all the additional things like probably needing a lift, and probably needing a regear, the added weight and cost of larger tires, etc just doesn't seem worth it for the 0.1% of road that I couldn't go with all that. I don't plan to do the Rubicon in my Rubicon, at least not yet. However, they did do the Rubicon with the test vehicles on 33s. So it's doable, albeit with some dented and broken bits.

It's an easy upgrade for something I'm going to need to replace at some point anyway. I'm also planning on a pop-up camper and prefer a lower center of gravity. putting a lift on and taller tires on it, raises the COG and that's not what I want.

First Name
Rocco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD 2021
I'll chime in here. Load range also plays into weight which can help you choose a tire. I went from a 35 inch Load Range E KBRO2 to a 37 inch Load Range D KBRO2 and only gained 10 pounds per tire. I have the diesel engine and have not re-geared. Still getting 25ish mpg but I do not daily drive this truck.

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I'm getting 37's. Just debating between the Cooper SST Pro or the Super Swapper radial IROK's.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
For me (sport max tow), we don't have rocks here in Michigan. 37's in sand (silver lake) and some muddy fields for hunting and mild off-roading at the ORV parks, 37's won't be that much of an advantage over the 35's. Mopar lift, daily driver, and tow a boat during summer and a duck boat during the fall, the 35's made sense to me. The 4:10's still allow me to see 8th gear pretty much regularly on the highway.

I think what helped me best on being "happy" with the daily characteristic's and performance of the truck, is I never test drove a gladiator. I just knew I wanted one. I brought the 35's do the dealer, so I've never logged a mile in stock form before the Mopar lift and 35's. Ignorance is bliss. HAHAHAHHA

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Stock JTR here. Just adding the Alu-Cab w/load bars, I can feel the difference. I tow ~2,000 lbs or so on a regular basis, too.

Loaded up with 35’s, I don’t think I’d be a happy camper…acceleration wise…so I’ll likely stay stock (tire wise) unless I decide to regear at some point.

Admittedly, I’m overly sensitive on noticing that kind of thing though (weight/balance). I could notice a couple pound weight imbalance between the panniers on my 550 lb motorcycle.
Sponsored