The Gladiator key...why? AJT Design solutions

Do you like the Jeep key?

• Total voters

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Are either of these waterproof? I ran my old JK key through the wash a few times and it was fine. I could not switch if it were not sealed well.....

Would it hurt anything if I hide the physical key on the jeep somewhere in case of an emergency? I saw someone mention RFID in the keep but I dont think that is a thing.
I assume there is some type of RFID in there as most trims won't start without the fob being in the vehicle. Couple that with some other higher trims having the ability to have push to unlock handles which require the fob to be within a very short distance of the door button being pressed.
Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
The amount of money they are asking just to get a little bit smaller FOB...Eh, I'll spend my money elsewhere.

CallMeJoe

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Occupation
Retired
I'm not bothered by the size of the fob. I put tape on it to keep the key from popping out. High-tech upgrade. I've set off the alarm a few times and that's annoying.
I'll keep the stock one...

Sponsored

JasonThor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Willys
Those Threedom fobs do look really nice. I do like the perceived security of the set screws on the AJT, but getting the battery inside is a pain. I'm going to carry my key separately when I have the doors off.

When you built the Threedom Fob did you find a good way to extract the RFID transponder from the factory key? It was wedged in pretty tightly on mine and I destroyed the factory fob removing it.
Razer blade, mini screwdriver, and some patience got the RFID out. I did mess up the factory fob a little to get it out. It is still usable and I could put everything back in but I don't plan on using it again so I'm not worried.

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
I wanted to get rid of the switchblade, plus I like the tan. I picked up a Renegade valet key blank, cut down the length, and drilled a hole so I can still use it. I use the small s-biner for leverage.

09C3B0DC-BAD6-404C-B3DD-8F1A96FB7472.jpeg

1F96A77C-FB6E-418F-8395-280811CAD88B.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: mog

hobbsserv

First Name
K Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon white
Occupation
Business Owner
I didn't know I was supposed to hate it until I read all these post. I was so happy to show people how it looks like a jerry can and it fit perfectly in a little console holder. Now I'm kinda embarrassed to take it out of my pocket. I don't mind a poke in the groan once in a while, reminds me I'm still alive.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I wanted to get rid of the switchblade, plus I like the tan. I picked up a Renegade valet key blank, cut down the length, and drilled a hole so I can still use it. I use the small s-biner for leverage.
Just an FYI... I would not post keys online. It's shockingly easy to replicate many keys for someone with the knowhow.

Sponsored

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Just an FYI... I would not post keys online. It's shockingly easy to replicate many keys for someone with the knowhow.
I appreciate the concern, but if they want to go through that much trouble and track my JT down, have at it. I have full coverage. Not to mention you can't start it with the key blade.

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
The AJT Designs fob offering is laughable compared to the new DI Labs fob offerings...

I got rid of my AJT Design fobs when the DI Labs fob was available. I wouldn't own another AJT Designs fob if you gave it to me.

https://mythreedom.com/pages/fobs-for-sale
That new model S looks great. Does it have any level of water resistance?