Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT-S/MT &'10 Wrangler JKU-S
Occupation
Retired (military & civil service)
Vehicle Showcase
Now I wonder why would it be that your JT rides like a Mojave?

My wife suggested steel bumper to hold up better if we get rear-ended. I reminded her of the fact I had replaced the front bumper with a steel bumper and she said "why don't you do the back bumper, too?"
Were you concerned about reducing available weight for cargo when towing by putting on steel bumpers? And I think a winch is a non-option now (max tow + epro 19fbs).
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Were you concerned about reducing available weight for cargo when towing by putting on steel bumpers? And I think a winch is a non-option now (max tow + epro 19fbs).
Towing won't be a problem - tow rating at 6,000. I tow 5,000 - maybe a bit more at times if I load things down.
Payload will have to be watched - rated at a bit over 1,100 pounds. The front bumper and winch took away 150 of that (although all of that hangs forward of the front wheels so not sure exactly how engineers would deal with that).
A steel rear bumper would be my main concern because it's weight behind the rear wheels, behind where normal payload would be.
The bumper would take away from payload rating for sure as it would be as if I put 200 pounds in the bed of the truck - only worse.

snowbear

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Honda CRV
Occupation
GIS Analyst
Mostly love it.
I really wish the bed was 6" longer.
The radio buttons behind the wheel drive me crazy when I change the channels when trying to steer around a corner.

Who else turns the fan down thinking itā€™s the stereo volume?
MLW (My Lovely Wife) did.

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
That god-forsaken dial that controls the interior lights AND the dome light. What a dumbass idea...

I keep my interior lights at max all the time anyway, and turning on the dome is just a single notch up, so it's not inconvenient or anything, just dumb. I shouldn't have to feel around under my steering wheel for one of two nearly identical dials and then push it down ever so slightly to turn my dome light off. It should be a button or a switch. On or off.

Imagine if your subwoofer were tied to the volume know on your radio! UGH!

Oasis Supernova

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
high Tech
Vehicle Showcase
This is the case with any vehicle. What do you all think is good bad and tolerable but could be better?

I'd like to start with the wiper switch. WTF? you push it up to quick wipe. Pull it back to spray. Most wiper handles you would push down to turn on, nope you have to twist the :surprised: tip. Just a small annoyance LOL.

What are the little things you all love or love to hate?
I HATE The turn signal. Not the fully engaged turn signal, but when you bump it, it only blinks 3 times! That's not enough damn blinks to change lanes. Needs to be 5 or 6 at least! Lol

Sponsored

Oasis Supernova

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
high Tech
Vehicle Showcase
That god-forsaken dial that controls the interior lights AND the dome light. What a dumbass idea...

I keep my interior lights at max all the time anyway, and turning on the dome is just a single notch up, so it's not inconvenient or anything, just dumb. I shouldn't have to feel around under my steering wheel for one of two nearly identical dials and then push it down ever so slightly to turn my dome light off. It should be a button or a switch. On or off.

Imagine if your subwoofer were tied to the volume know on your radio! UGH!
Totally agree!

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
The light dimming w/ headlights/no headlights is clumsy. I suppose many things in the infotainment system is.

Initially I thought the hood prop was done wrong, until I realized that if you have a lifted jeep, holding the hood up while trying to put in the prop would be difficult.

Intermittent wipers are meh; rain sensing would have been nice, but probably a pita with the folding windshield.

Better seats. I didn't have an issue when I had more junk in the trunk, but I'm thinking I'm going to need a foam seat pad for long trips; an hour drive my butt started to get numb.

A *little* more room behind the rear seats for stowage would have been nice.

The window switches make sense in the center because of the removable doors and convertible top.

Would have been nice: 2nd row removable roof panel, so the entire roof can be handled easily and store easier.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I HATE The turn signal. Not the fully engaged turn signal, but when you bump it, it only blinks 3 times! That's not enough damn blinks to change lanes. Needs to be 5 or 6 at least! Lol
Standard on the Ford truck I had and the Silverado I had was 3. When in towing mode (pressing a button) it extended the number from 3 to 5.
Unpush the button and it went back to 3.
I do agree - just suggesting that "it ain't Jeep".
I think it should be more than 3 and especially when towing. You don't swing a long heavy rig into another lane in 3 blinks.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
radio volume control on the right side of the steering wheel? My right hand can just as easy use the volume knob on the radio. Put a volume on the left side of the steering wheel, like other manufacturers, so while I'm taking a phone call with my right hand I can turn the music down with my left, and not spill my beer or cheese platter! Seriously tho, all radio controls on the far side please!?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Put a volume on the left side of the steering wheel, like other manufacturers,
Really?
Maybe you mean Lexus or BMW or whatever, but I've had other vehicles with the volume control on the right. Didn't take long at all to find an example from Ford - right side of wheel, volume controls.
Jeep has had 'em there for years if not longer.

Jeep Gladiator The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. 1642549815598

Sponsored

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Really?
Maybe you mean Lexus or BMW or whatever, but I've had other vehicles with the volume control on the right. Didn't take long at all to find an example from Ford - right side of wheel, volume controls.
Jeep has had 'em there for years if not longer.

Jeep Gladiator The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. 1642549815598
Yes having access to both volumes with only one hand is not smart engineering. Having human interface with both the right and left hand would make practical sense. Even Hyundai has it on the left, actually, all controls are duplicated on the left side of the steering wheel, making the controlling ambidextrous. I can literally touch both the volume controls on the wheel and the radio at the same time with one hand, thats lame. Other than that, my only other wish is that it was feasible to hose out the interior like the old M151's I drove in the military during the 80's. easy to clean. I have a feeling it has to do with the European engineering, because the steering wheels are the same and the controls are in the same spot, making theirs ambidextrous. Anyway, you have a fantastic day sir.

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
I missed that part.........
I bet you had to add spacers as the max tow springs are a lot shorter.
When I put the max tow springs under my Overland, I had to try hard to get the Overland springs out, the max tow springs slipped right in. I laid them side by side before putting the max tow springs in - a lot less length. The truck sat just a tiny bit lower in the back with the max tow springs. They are shorter by a lot but don't compress as much with the truck weight on them.
I honestly didnā€™t measure the length difference between the two but Iā€™m guessing it canā€™t be more than an inch,my estimate is 1/2ā€.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
You guys are nothing more complainers. LOL I grew up driving cars that had no A/C. No power brakes. Power steering was an option. Seat belts was an option. Drum brakes on all 4. Windshield washer was a foot pump on the floor. Dimmer switch was on the floor. Vents was under the dash that you had to open with your hand when you was stopped. No cruise control. Quit complaining and adapt to what you are driving. Try going from a 41ft diesel motorhome, Grand Cherokee, Power wagon, 370Z, and couple of different bikes. All in a day.

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
You guys are nothing more complainers. LOL I grew up driving cars that had no A/C. No power brakes. Power steering was an option. Seat belts was an option. Drum brakes on all 4. Windshield washer was a foot pump on the floor. Dimmer switch was on the floor. Vents was under the dash that you had to open with your hand when you was stopped. No cruise control. Quit complaining and adapt to what you are driving. Try going from a 41ft diesel motorhome, Grand Cherokee, Power wagon, 370Z, and couple of different bikes. All in a day.
Well, schooled by Mr. grumpy pants! Not that I disagree with your reasoning, just your approach. Clearly a boomer. Which by the way stirā€™s respect but also frustration. Frustration with the narrow way of thinking, respect because boomers persevered!

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I'm running Revo-3s as well. When I think about it, my rain struggles were on the mud terrains my jeep came with. I haven't had any issues since I swapped over to the revos, but it's only been maybe 3 months. The mud terrains were good at first. But at about 10000 miles, they were a little more squirrelly than I was comfortable when it was wet. Some of the siping was already starting to wear off. I got them off before winter. Wasn't willing to risk it without full siping.
The radio buttons behind the wheel drive me crazy when I change the channels when trying to steer around a corner.
I grip the outer wheel and not the center when I turn a corner.
I make the lane change anyway. 3 blinks is a courtesy.
Other than that, my only other wish is that it was feasible to hose out the interior like the old M151's I drove in the military during the 80's. easy to clean.
Remove the carpet, problem solved.
Sponsored