Sponsored

They had the capability, they made it better, stronger, faster...

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
So far the top tip I've gotten coming out of this are, "get the aux switches no matter what if you're going to do things."

Other than that I've narrowed it down to Sport S with Max Tow or Rubicon. So, still on the fence. I'm probably going to sign on the dotted line on the fence I guess...
I disagree with this. I would purchase this off amazon. Only 250 and you get six switches. Cheaper and looks factory.

4A745C75-0715-42AD-BCF2-4C209DD2B7CB.jpeg

1BD77137-7D7D-4DB2-AC1E-B5CDA299188F.jpeg

817132A4-BB0C-4C5C-9B40-FF9FFEE4FD05.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape, 2008 VW GTI
That's actually really cool, don't get me wrong, but the thing about it is in 10 years I expect the stock aux buttons to still work without any fuss.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I disagree with this. I would purchase this off amazon. Only 250 and you get six switches. Cheaper and looks factory.

Jeep Gladiator They had the capability, they made it better, stronger, faster... 817132A4-BB0C-4C5C-9B40-FF9FFEE4FD05

Jeep Gladiator They had the capability, they made it better, stronger, faster... 817132A4-BB0C-4C5C-9B40-FF9FFEE4FD05

That's a hell of a bunch of precious real estate to take up under the hood for a half dozen electrical connections. I assume every one is on a separate relay inside, but that is a huge box.

Maybe a viable alternative if you didn't have the foresight to get the factory switch panel, but no way in the world I would substitute that for the factory switches that cost the same thing, and THEN have to install it.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Plus I don’t know anything about that unit, but the factory switches are programmable... momentary vs on/off... ignition vs not...

I just wish someone would find a way to name the factory buttons. That’s probably too much to ask for.

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just wish someone would find a way to name the factory buttons. That’s probably too much to ask for.
I'm kind of looking forward to just putting labels over them, I was thinking about this yesterday when he posted this. It's like labeling a tool bench or somthing. It's neat, cheap, it gets the job done, form follows function.

Jeep Gladiator They had the capability, they made it better, stronger, faster... 1605188131997

Sponsored

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Or at the very least they gave it a cool bed.

So right around the time when I get to give my wife the small car (she works in Brooklyn) and I get to have the big one, Jeep decided to do the thing I've been waiting foreevvvvvvveer for. I do a little contracting, I'm an outdoors guy who likes to go off-road and I'm toting little ones. I'm so ready for them to TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!! (and take this stupid Escape away from my property)

So I have a question. I want to buy as stock as possible then buy things and customize my jeep as I go, because, that's just how I want to do my Jeep. I also know from experience there are certain things I regret not getting from the dealer and that there are a few items on the Jeep list I should probably get from the factory.

You're me, do you:

A) Buy a Sport S and sink $15,000 into the aftermarket
B) Buy a Rubi or Mojave and just call it a day because factory upgrades just work and are good value

I understand a bit about the tradeoffs from a work-perspective. I would like to fill the bed up with compost and other earth-things as well as potentially hook up a landscaping trailer from time to time so it seems from what I'm reading I may want to be sure to get a Sport S with the tow package. Is there anything else that's just a "No really, you should just get this from Jeep." kind of option?

Thanks all. Could be the last time I ever feel like a kid at Christmas. Jeeps have beds. JEEPS! BEDS!
The basic Jeep Gladiator is just that... Basic. However, it's turning winter and I turned on the seat and steering wheel warmers and basic was fading in the distance in my heated rear view mirrors as I listened to the Alpine Stereo. I think it's a one size does not fit all kind of thing, and as I've grown older creature comforts matter... they matter a lot. My Gladiator Rubicon has all the amenities I wanted in my first Jeep. Power and stability a plenty to travel the trails I wish to conquer and get me to my destination in comfort and convenience. I no longer compost, or landscape, or build buildings as I did. I look for things of beauty, and in natural wonderment, and see things I have not seen in a very long time. Atticus, My Giant Schnauzer (130 pounds) rides in the bed covered by an A.R.E. Topper and lays on a bed soft enough to protect him, as he protects me.

So I say... whatever does fit, buy it and enjoy it for all it's worth. This coming fall, when the world has calmed down a bit, we will be in Yellowstone, and Grand Tetons Parks and should Cheyenne or Casper get a dusting, we will be prepared and safe to head further south....

Jeep Gladiator They had the capability, they made it better, stronger, faster...

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
The basic Jeep Gladiator is just that... Basic. However, it's turning winter and I turned on the seat and steering wheel warmers and basic was fading in the distance in my heated rear view mirrors as I listened to the Alpine Stereo. I think it's a one size does not fit all kind of thing, and as I've grown older creature comforts matter... they matter a lot. My Gladiator Rubicon has all the amenities I wanted in my first Jeep. Power and stability a plenty to travel the trails I wish to conquer and get me to my destination in comfort and convenience. I no longer compost, or landscape, or build buildings as I did. I look for things of beauty, and in natural wonderment, and see things I have not seen in a very long time. Atticus, My Giant Schnauzer (130 pounds) rides in the bed covered by an A.R.E. Topper and lays on a bed soft enough to protect him, as he protects me.

So I say... whatever does fit, buy it and enjoy it for all it's worth. This coming fall, when the world has calmed down a bit, we will be in Yellowstone, and Grand Tetons Parks and should Cheyenne or Casper get a dusting, we will be prepared and safe to head further south....

Jeep Gladiator They had the capability, they made it better, stronger, faster...
Meh, everybody here has a Gladiator, they're so last year.

GIANT SCHNAUZER? Hell, show me some more, I've been a dog guy all my life and never seen a Giant Schnauzer.

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh I already have that accessory, but I got the 4-cylinder turbo charged model. Mine wants to know if we still have to walk everywhere once I get the truck.

Jeep Gladiator They had the capability, they made it better, stronger, faster... 1605191841723

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Meh, everybody here has a Gladiator, they're so last year.

GIANT SCHNAUZER? Hell, show me some more, I've been a dog guy all my life and never seen a Giant Schnauzer.
The Giant Schnauzer, or in Germany called a Reichenshnauzer, is a large breed of working dog initially bred for farms in the 17th Century. The breed has evolved to military and law enforcement use due to their innate protective yet sociable personalities and imposing size. This dog gets out of the tuck and all the talk stops. The AKC says 27.5" at the shoulders and 95 pounds. BS... I've owned four over the last 30 plus years and never had one under a hundred with the largest at 152. There are derivations and watch out for the Russian bred dogs, the damn Russians...... I gotten mine from Skansen Kennels in Sabastopol, CA. You can schedule a visit if you're up in that area. They are on the web but Look for a working or pet level dog as the show quality dog's are smaller. You will spend about $1,500 to $3-4,000 depending on what you choose and the breed line..... There are adoptions out there for rescue Giants so you may want to look at these too. Be careful of backyard breeders and puppy mills. They do not shed or have an odor. You will need a groomer as their hair requires periodic grooming and.... beware the beard...... a depository for food and water if not cleaned off after every meal or drink. they are generally clowns at home, great with kids and visitors. If someone is intending trouble, or does not seem welcome, they are in trouble so stand by...... they are mischievous, so do not, under any circumstances, get two at the same time. They will double team you and in a very short period of time....they will own you. My friend did and they run his house...... All in all, I would not ever get another breed.... We loved Lucifer, Ivan, and Negus, and dearly love our Atticus..... Best of luck... go get yourself a rock head and let him riding the JT......
Jeep Gladiator They had the capability, they made it better, stronger, faster... Atticus Har

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
The Giant Schnauzer, or in Germany called a Reichenshnauzer, is a large breed of working dog initially bred for farms in the 17th Century. The breed has evolved to military and law enforcement use due to their innate protective yet sociable personalities and imposing size. This dog gets out of the tuck and all the talk stops. The AKC says 27.5" at the shoulders and 95 pounds. BS... I've owned four over the last 30 plus years and never had one under a hundred with the largest at 152. There are derivations and watch out for the Russian bred dogs, the damn Russians...... I gotten mine from Skansen Kennels in Sabastopol, CA. You can schedule a visit if you're up in that area. They are on the web but Look for a working or pet level dog as the show quality dog's are smaller. You will spend about $1,500 to $3-4,000 depending on what you choose and the breed line..... There are adoptions out there for rescue Giants so you may want to look at these too. Be careful of backyard breeders and puppy mills. They do not shed or have an odor. You will need a groomer as their hair requires periodic grooming and.... beware the beard...... a depository for food and water if not cleaned off after every meal or drink. they are generally clowns at home, great with kids and visitors. If someone is intending trouble, or does not seem welcome, they are in trouble so stand by...... they are mischievous, so do not, under any circumstances, get two at the same time. They will double team you and in a very short period of time....they will own you. My friend did and they run his house...... All in all, I would not ever get another breed.... We loved Lucifer, Ivan, and Negus, and dearly love our Atticus..... Best of luck... go get yourself a rock head and let him riding the JT......
Jeep Gladiator They had the capability, they made it better, stronger, faster... Atticus Har
Awesome, thank you for the Intel. I am in the final declining days of a 10 dog pack and will not replace them so as to allow our freedom to roam.

Beautiful dog, I love dogs far, far more than most people and will surely miss them, but I have legitimately had a lifetime of dogs in the last 13 years.

Here is a picture of the Mongrel Horde

horde1.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The question is, can you pack them all in the Gladiator at once?

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Surely a truck cap is cheaper than insuring a whole other vehicle? :D

OP
OP

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At least your dogs are sturdy. I have to drive like a disabled bus van when he's in the car. Turns out Border Collies are 97%fur, 1% bone, 1% muscle (and 1% nuclear fission).
Sponsored