First Name
Nino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Occupation
IT Engineer
Anyone else having problems with their Gladiator being a thief magnet? Had a two-man team (tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum) literally rip off my tonneau cover bending the top of the bed just to get into my mostly empty truck bed. On the bright side, glad I still have my cat converter though :)

photo1636842544 (1).jpeg

photo1636842545.jpeg
Sponsored

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
Diamondback solves this ;)

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
I park my jeep at the airport for days at a time and never lock it.

Short story- buddy had a sedan with a small dash cubby under the radio he kept some loose change in. They broke his window and ripped out the cubby breaking some trim pieces and got his $4.00. With a $1k deductible it cost him about $750.

I have never been one to leave anything of any value in my cars. No reason in particular, just haven’t needed to. If you want it, just open the door and take it. I have insurance so if you can rip out the 8.4 or take the whole Jeep it’ll be worth the deductible.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Here in my neck of the woods people get shot over stuff like that, so generally crime is low. I can't remember a time when I've ever had a vehicle messed with while unattended.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Probably tweakers. They have no problem doing hundreds if not thousands in damage for the payoff of a couple of dollars worth of jacked goods they can flip.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I park my jeep at the airport for days at a time and never lock it.

Short story- buddy had a sedan with a small dash cubby under the radio he kept some loose change in. They broke his window and ripped out the cubby breaking some trim pieces and got his $4.00. With a $1k deductible it cost him about $750.

I have never been one to leave anything of any value in my cars. No reason in particular, just haven’t needed to. If you want it, just open the door and take it. I have insurance so if you can rip out the 8.4 or take the whole Jeep it’ll be worth the deductible.
A friend of mine is an airline pilot. He leaves his car parked for weeks at a tiime in airport long term parking. He puts a post it on each window that says CAR IS UNLOCKED, FEEL FREE TO COME INSIDE.

He has NOTHING in the car. He figures this saves him from attempted break ins.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Whoa, sorry dude. But also - the bed bends that easily? Yowzers.

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
A friend of mine is an airline pilot. He leaves his car parked for weeks at a tiime in airport long term parking. He puts a post it on each window that says CAR IS UNLOCKED, FEEL FREE TO COME INSIDE.

He has NOTHING in the car. He figures this saves him from attempted break ins.
Does he want to attract dirty mike and the boys to turn his car into a fuck shack? Because that's how you attract dirty mike and the boys to turn your car into a fuck shack.

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
Does he want to attract dirty mike and the boys to turn his car into a fuck shack? Because that's how you attract dirty mike and the boys to turn your car into a fuck shack.
NJ/NY people have the best sense of humor/irony. Love it

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I leave my stuff unlocked with no valuable inside. Too many previous broken windows and nothing of value taken. So many people leave hand guns, golf clubs, and laptops in vehicles here that if it’s locked they think something is inside.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ha. Hysterical,. He was based at JFK also.,

I went to school in NJ, hoboken. I learned a lot of great jersey jokes at that time.

So a guy and his girlfriend were making out in his car under the GW bridge. She looked at him and said "Ohh, I want to do it where its dirty". So he drove her to Newark. Or was it Jersey City?

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else having problems with their Gladiator being a thief magnet? Had a two-man team (tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum) literally rip off my tonneau cover bending the top of the bed just to get into my mostly empty truck bed. On the bright side, glad I still have my cat converter though :)

Jeep Gladiator Thief magnet photo1636842545

Jeep Gladiator Thief magnet photo1636842545
Strange, I have an ERA Cap and no, I haven't had any trouble at all. Can't imagine why.....

Atti Jeep 1.jpg

Ben in Bin.jpg
Sponsored