Throttle controller

Wiggy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
anybody install or planning to install the idrive throttle controller? Any pros/cons?
Sponsored

Foxtrot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Rubicon (sold), 2008 Rubicon (sold), 2003 Musso, 2016 Outback, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon (ordered)
anybody install or planning to install the idrive throttle controller? Any pros/cons?
I wouldn't bother. Some people swear by throttle controllers, but ALL they do is make the computer think you're pressing a little harder on the gas.

mmollo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, 1985 CJ7, F-250, BMW X5, Ferrari California, Lamborghini Aventador
I have one on my F-250 and my Gladiator.
I love them. Big big difference on my Ford and I’m very happy with the results on my Jeep. They were like $300. A lot of bang for the buck.

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S on 35's, Mopar 2" lift, `96 XJ, 97 ZJ, `99 Camaro LS1
I think it's simply "tricking" the computer too, but I once spent $400 on a CAI just for the simple fact that it increased my throttle response. I didn't care if it only brought 5hp or no extra hp, I really disliked the lag on that vehicle and I HATE the dead spot/delay the new Jeeps have so I'm seriously considering one as well. Sorry I don't have any first hand experience to contribute yet, but I can give you suggestions based on experience with other vehicles. If you're looking for serious power gains, this isn't the way to go. If you simply want better throttle response, and I mean that in the most basic simple way possible, then yes I think the concept behind this is perfect. If you pull the trigger be sure to post up your review! Good luck.

AlwaysRecord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT/MT Rubicon.
Any of you guys have a M/T? I've been looking at these (sprint booster, Idrive & PC) - curious as how they would preform in a M/T

Sponsored

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I've been debating on this too..

I had an idrvie on my jk and loved it. But the JK needed it, the throttle response was TERRIBLE.
I don't have a ton of complaints with the JT throttle. Yes it has a tiny lag but nothing like the JK

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Any of you guys have a M/T? I've been looking at these (sprint booster, Idrive & PC) - curious as how they would preform in a M/T
I just ordered an iDRIVE system yesterday and I have the MT. Can't wait to get it as the sluggish accelerator is one of the things I had a beef with.

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
I love my Banks Pedal Monster so far. Lots of safety features built in like retaining stock settings for reverse and shifting back to stock if power is cut to the controller. The JT jumps off the line now, the power just seems more linear, and for some reason the transmission even feels more aggressive. Only annoying part is I now need to launch their mobile app every time I drive now. They do have some other options beyond the mobile app but they’re pricey.

I was a doubter as well but it seems like it helps Pentastar vehicles more than others. You definitely notice this mod. In general I just like driving my JT more now. This is not a mod that will improve your gas mileage though🙂

Banks Pedal Monster

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Pedal commander here. Makes the JT much more responsive. Much more than just crushing the throttle from the dig. One of my best mods.

F53FEAA2-9667-422D-B281-0749E48F87D7.jpeg

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Your transmission is more aggressive now. Your shift schedule is tied to pedal position. These controllers rescale the pedal input and start at a higher value off idle. Your shift schedule tables have a fair bit of transient tunning from 0-20 throttle input, so if the device is start at 10 or 15 percent input your throwing a afair bit of that out the widow. And the trans and engine start to classify the driving style as aggressive and ramp the gains on torque management. A better but more expensive way to fix the issue is with a competent recalibration (tune). The throttle model in the JL and JT could definitely use some help. It looks like for 2021 it has been changed and works much better. Has thrown all my work for a loop though.

Sponsored

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Move you seat up more. No kidding, it make me feel like the throttle is more responsive. No joke.

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
Do you have to launch the app everytime you drive or just when changing settings?

I love my Banks Pedal Monster so far. Lots of safety features built in like retaining stock settings for reverse and shifting back to stock if power is cut to the controller. The JT jumps off the line now, the power just seems more linear, and for some reason the transmission even feels more aggressive. Only annoying part is I now need to launch their mobile app every time I drive now. They do have some other options beyond the mobile app but they’re pricey.

I was a doubter as well but it seems like it helps Pentastar vehicles more than others. You definitely notice this mod. In general I just like driving my JT more now. This is not a mod that will improve your gas mileage though🙂

Banks Pedal Monster

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Do you have to launch the app everytime you drive or just when changing settings?
It actually reverts to the last setting if you don’t connect the mobile app. Sorry if I wasn’t clear about that above. Still love it.

Rubiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon

Banks Pedal Monster
What’s your daily setting?