Sponsored

Tips to prevent adding regular gas in the Ecodiesel engine?

mayerrony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
You cant put gas in these new ecodiesel engines, thanks to the mechanism that wont allow the smaller diameter gas nozzle in the larger diameter diesel nozzle entry, as mentioned before. I tried to fill with diesel at an older gas station that used gas nozzle for their diesel, and it wouldnt enter.

I have an 06 Jeep Liberty Diesel, and accidentally topped it off with gas once. I noticed it immediately while leaving the gas station, due to the weird smell, and stopped vehicle right then and there as I realized right away what I had done. Towed it home, pumped out the gas from tank, filled with diesel, cranked for about a minute, and it fired up, no issues to this day. This older diesel did not have the safety mechanism for different diameter nozzles. I was lucky that day that it only ran for about 1 minute with gas, before I noticed.

Wicked1

First Name
Quest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator sport S, 2020 Jeep renegade trailhawk
Get a little green decal and put it right on the gas tank door that says diesel or even right above the gas tank door so you see it every time you open the gas tank door.

Boz

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Sport S Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I've had Ram diesel trucks for many years, and never came even close to putting gasoline in the tank. It's simply a matter of observing the pump closely and choosing the correct fuel. And don't fall for the "all diesel nozzles are green" stuff. I've seen them green, black, blue and yellow.

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
I have been driving a diesel for 16 years, I could not imagine anyone stupid enough to do this. But then again there are a lot of stupid people out there
happens about once a month on the MB forums.. Insurance will pay to replace engine.. same as water induction issues

Sponsored

Hardhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Ram Diesel, 95 Jeep Wrangler, 21 Jeep Gladiator
happens about once a month on the MB forums.. Insurance will pay to replace engine.. same as water induction issues
I own a gas station with diesel. Literally have never had it happen in the 30 years I have owned it. Must be some real morons out there

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
🤔 I've never put my fingers in a table saw either, so... 🤷‍♂️
Complicated scenario.......... trying to cut diagonal pieces without a sled to hold the piece. We suspect it was actually the wood that ripped my finger and thumb since my hand was thrown away and not pulled in. Either way, it was messy.

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
I can’t believe this ran 6 pages.