Sponsored

Tonneau Cover Recommendations

flyinj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM 2500, 2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
We are on the verge of ordering a new Gladiator and would like to see if anyone had recommendations. We are leaning toward the hard tri-fold factory cover and would like to hear what others have experienced so far. We are mainly interested in minimal water leakage as we will almost always have gym bags in the bed and would like to avoid pulling out a soaked bag when arriving to work out. We do live in an area where we can get heavy amounts of snow (though this year we've hardly had any).

I have a 2018 RAM 2500 and have an aftermarket Encore which is nice, but tends to leak around the edges, especially when you run it through the car wash. Understandably, there is always risk under high pressure water.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!
Sponsored

watarski

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I'm wondering the same thing. About to get my JT and want a hard tri-fold tonneau. Had one on my old F250 and loved it. Seems like good reviews on the Bakflip...

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Use the search feature and you'll find many many threads that have many many pages with pictures and prices.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I have an Access Literider. It’s nice and tight and keeps the water out well. I installed a full length seal at the cab side just for extra insurance. I gave my Jeep a bath the other day and sprayed heavy at multiple angles (nothing directly at the seals) and let the water run wherever it wanted. No leaks except for a little bit at the tailgate, but it didn’t make it more than an inch into the bed. Overall I am very pleased. As an added bonus it was only $375 shipped to my door!

642EF0E8-BEC1-4F0F-92E6-2C2D8432FC52.jpeg

34470D43-D51D-4FA6-A683-FA0066F479C1.jpeg

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I have the undercover folding. I'm very pleased with it.

Sponsored

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I bought the Tyger roll up one from amazon when it was like $150. Hands down the best money I’ve spent in a long time. Haven’t got any water in the bed yet, fits tight, no noise, I think the fit looks better than some of the factory ones I have seen.

I highly recommend it.. especially for the money!

D90926FF-F458-4AB2-90D4-C688F50789F4.jpeg

one2doo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT White Rubicon ,2018 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins,2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins, Mahindra Roxor,2018 .
I want a mat black not a shiny. Which one? More like soft top.

OP
OP

flyinj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the feedback all! I've been hesitant about soft tonneau covers due to concerns about pooling, snow and flapping at highway speeds. Has that been an issue for anyone who has experience?

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Thanks for all the feedback all! I've been hesitant about soft tonneau covers due to concerns about pooling, snow and flapping at highway speeds. Has that been an issue for anyone who has experience?
For the tyger roll up one, no flapping and no issues with water pooling. Between the support cross bars and Velcro you can get it really tight side to side.

With the Velcro start in the middle Of each side, lift up, pull out, and push down the Velcro. Work your way back and forth from left to right and you’ll always have a fit that doesn’t allow pooling. I imagine with time it will stretch out a little, but with the Velcro it should still allow you to pull out the slack.

I haven’t experienced snow with it yet.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I got the MaxMate roll-up cover for the Chevy Colorado for $147 on Amazon and it fit like a glove. I've had it since last summer and it's been great. Zero flapping or issues with it. It does allow a small amount of water pooling at the corners if you don't keep it tight but it's really a non-issue.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I bought the Rugged Ridge Armis Folding Cover with Line-X. We really like it, it props up, no leaks, fits well, great security, and the Line-X will not scratch.

InJbNs.jpg

3cAzuH.jpg

4UNelB.jpg

v5jBVx.jpg

OP
OP

flyinj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought the Rugged Ridge Armis Folding Cover with Line-X. We really like it, it props up, no leaks, fits well, great security, and the Line-X will not scratch.

InJbNs.jpg

3cAzuH.jpg

4UNelB.jpg

v5jBVx.jpg
Thanks! I like that even though it's a tri-fold, you can still access the whole bed. The one I have on my RAM you lose 1/3 of the access in either the front or middle of the bed, depending on how you fold it. Sweet Rubicon, too!

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Nice cover and nice truck! Is yours the factory bed liner and if so, would you say the Line-X on the cover is a similar matte finish. How does the Rugged Ridge frame attach to the bed?

Last edited:

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I've got the Mopar Soft Tri-Fold on my truck. It works well with no issues. No leaking in the car wash. No flapping in the wind or on the highway. No pooling problems, but we don't get snow here, and it doesn't rain all that often. You do lose full access to the front third of the bed, but the whole cover can be easily removed and installed, if needed.
Sponsored