Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, thanks. I know this tab is there to retain things but was curious if with the Echo hanging so far out it has a bit of leverage and weight to cause it to droop and perhaps work it's way out from under that tab. Just looking for confirmation that this isn't a problem and it sounds like it isn't.

Another question I have is I installed a 7 way connecter on my wife's Highlander. So far all I have hooked up to it is 12v power. Can anyone confirm that's all that's needed? I have not made the connection of the blue wire to the brake input. I'm looking thru the Curt website and it's not super clear.

Thanks
Whats funny is I only recently discovered that little retention tab on the connector cover haha glad you’re ahead of the game.
And yea, the consensus is definitely that it won’t come loose. I just use a velcro strap for piece if mind. 🍻
Sponsored

WILL1E

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Not sure what just triggered this thought, but just realized my '20 JT Rubicon with the tow package didn't include the brake controller. For some reason i just assumed that was part of the "package". I need to tow my 14' tandem axle utility trailer this weekend so I just ordered up the Curt Echo. Got it for $120 brand new on eBay.

Anxious to see how well it works and how well the JT tows (traded my '17 1-ton duramax high country silverado for the JT) as it's going to be a whole new ballgame!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what just triggered this thought, but just realized my '20 JT Rubicon with the tow package didn't include the brake controller. For some reason i just assumed that was part of the "package". I need to tow my 14' tandem axle utility trailer this weekend so I just ordered up the Curt Echo. Got it for $120 brand new on eBay.

Anxious to see how well it works and how well the JT tows (traded my '17 1-ton duramax high country silverado for the JT) as it's going to be a whole new ballgame!
They usually don't include it automatically. As discussed here - there are many options for trailer brake controllers, and some don't even need a controller depending on the brake system on their trailer.
Redarc, for example, has a dual mode controller - the MOPAR controller is a basic simple controller - why would I want that if I did a lot of off-roading or got into situations where I wanted the other type controller?

My 2020 Overland did fine - so your Rubicon should do at least as fine if not finer.
Sponsored