Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mohave 2021 - Sarge Green
Occupation
Network Architect
I have the banks iDash. I have it display EGT banks 1 and 3. I let EGT 1 get below 400 before most shutdowns. EGT 3 gets to 1200+ during regens. Cool to see the temps in real time.
How quickly does EGT1 temps drop to below 400 once you exit the highway. Would 5 minutes of stop and go city driving at 30mph drop it down to below 400 or does it still require 30-60 seconds idling after parking?
Sponsored

Capricorn

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Architect
And is iDash plug and play or do you need to program it to see the regens and egts for the Ecodiesel?

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
And is iDash plug and play or do you need to program it to see the regens and egts for the Ecodiesel?
I do a lot of stop and go with my ED. That's why I got the iDash, so I can keep an eye on the DPF % level. EGT 1 takes 30 sec - 1 minute to get below 400 while in park even after light stop and go for only a few miles. Yes, the iDash is plug and play, right into the OBD port. I have 8 live read outs. Boost PSI - Engine Torque % - EGT 1 - EGT 3 - Regen Status - DPF % - Oil Temp - Coolant temp. You can program a bunch of others if you wanted.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I still love my Scan Gauge II. I monitor turbo temp, DPF temp, SCR temp, etc. with it. It's pretty neat to see when the DPF is 650F or higher the soot load will decrease as it passively regens. Pretty cool.

Capricorn

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Architect
I still love my Scan Gauge II. I monitor turbo temp, DPF temp, SCR temp, etc. with it. It's pretty neat to see when the DPF is 650F or higher the soot load will decrease as it passively regens. Pretty cool.
My DPF gauge shows a very low number. Starts at 0 and does not go beyond 52.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mikeytmc

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Construction
I have the banks iDash. I have it display EGT banks 1 and 3. I let EGT 1 get below 400 before most shutdowns. EGT 3 gets to 1200+ during regens. Cool to see the temps in real time.
I just received my banks I dash and can’t seem to find none of the EGT sensors in the settings. Could you possibly help me with where to find them? Thanks

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
I just received my banks I dash and can’t seem to find none of the EGT sensors in the settings. Could you possibly help me with where to find them? Thanks
Hi mike, just got your DM - getting back to you now.

Capricorn

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Architect
My DPF gauge shows a very low number. Starts at 0 and does not go beyond 52.
I had a typo (one wrong digit). Fixed it and now I see the correct readings for DPF.
The only one not displaying data is "distance since last regen" which is showing 0.

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator SS eco Diesel
Occupation
Real Estate
I'm using a bluetooth OBD reader with OBD Fusion app, there was a gauge cluster that someone pulled from a RAM forum that created their own EGT gauge but I found a standard PID which is showing the same, it's either the Turbocharger turbine inlet or outlet temperature.

I guess it depends on which measurement is more important, the temp of the exhaust from the manifold into the turbo - or the temp out of the turbo which is generating more heat as it's compressing air on the compressor side of the turbo.

I like to take a peak at the turbo temps when I park and try to wait until the temps drop below 400 F before turning off the engine. I wish I could use the remote start as a turbo timer to just run for 2 minutes when I'm in a hurry.

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
I'm not really sure how imperative it is to monitor this. FCA is suggested that you wait 30 sec - 3 minutes depending on what you were doing, but I don't think the ESS waits at all, so it seems kinda moot?

Sponsored

Capricorn

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Architect
I'm not really sure how imperative it is to monitor this. FCA is suggested that you wait 30 sec - 3 minutes depending on what you were doing, but I don't think the ESS waits at all, so it seems kinda moot?
ESS is counter intuitive to the idle time FCA suggests.
But on the other hand, even after hard driving on the highway, by the time you pull over to the exit's stop light, the temps drop down to around 450-500F. And oil coking doesn't happen immediately. Stopping for a minute is not going to be harmful to the turbo.

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator SS eco Diesel
Occupation
Real Estate
I agree that ESS is only a temporary stop and will get coolant and oil flowing again in nor more than 1 or 2 minutes.

I've pulled into my garage after a spirited drive and flipped my OBD Fusion Dashboard over to the turbine inlet and outlet Temps and seen high 700 degree F Temps.

I now just idle until these Temps drop below 400 F before shutting off.

When in doubt you can always just remote start and let it run for 10 minutes (although I really wish this were a feature to allow a 2 minute cool off like my old Mitsu 3000GT had).

Predator31

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Ecodiesel, 2019 KLT 3.2
Occupation
Engineer
ditto on not understanding how ESS gels with the cool down recommendations. hopefully with all the sensors it is monitoring, that is part of the constraint list to shutting down or not.

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
Love dragging old shit up

Im assuming the ess takes temps into account as even with my climate control off wheel straight and having just exited the highway into stop and go traffic it will say not ready for the first two to three lights then will be ready for the next several lights??

ditto on not understanding how ESS gels with the cool down recommendations. hopefully with all the sensors it is monitoring, that is part of the constraint list to shutting down or not.

NvrWntr

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EcoDiesel Gladiator
Occupation
Railroad
There are turbine inlet and outlet temp options on the iDash aside from EGT’s. Did you find the setup you were looking for on it?
Sponsored