First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Model 3 & 2022 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter/paramedic
I've considered them, though I don't know that they're worth the investment for my needs. I remove the doors a handful of times per year, and it's usually about a week at a time (I wait for stretches of no rain here in FL).
When do you have a week in Tampa with no rain? I come down to the TB area a lot in the winter to visit my parents and did some stretches in the military in central Florida - it seems like those stretches would be infrequent and super hard to predict. Just wondering.
Sponsored

JD721

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Eco Diesel
Occupation
Sales
I love the matching topper, think it looks great. The odd part is the fact you never see a SUV or other vehicle like this with the doors off ha! All good to me, serves the purpose, enjoy the breeze! Looks like fun to me.

OP
OP
cuellar13

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
When do you have a week in Tampa with no rain? I come down to the TB area a lot in the winter to visit my parents and did some stretches in the military in central Florida - it seems like those stretches would be infrequent and super hard to predict. Just wondering.
You are correct! It's typically around this time of year or late fall when we get a few days to a week without rain. At least it's been that way for the last few years, but it used to not be that way. I still get caught some times, which is why I have Armorlite flooring. We had a 0% chance of rain last week, so my wife washed her Bronco. As soon as she went inside.....downpour.

OP
OP
cuellar13

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I love the matching topper, think it looks great. The odd part is the fact you never see a SUV or other vehicle like this with the doors off ha! All good to me, serves the purpose, enjoy the breeze! Looks like fun to me.
Your point of view is probably why I think it looks odd, and didn't even realize it. Good eye!

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
A little late to the party, but looks killer to me.............you have form and function

OP
OP
cuellar13

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I like your rig OP. I just took my doors for the first time. Now I need a way to quick release the rest of the top.
Jeep Gladiator Ugly or no? 20220520_102445
I appreciate it! Sometimes I regret not getting black like yours. Doors off is a great time, ain't it?!

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
The dry season is typically the winter/spring, we had a lot of long stretches here of no rain since february honestly. The rain shadow is real too as I can usually watch it rain 5 miles west on the coast, and 5 miles east but that 10 miles in between where my house is just gets skipped day after day.

Central though, they get hammered constantly with no real dry season because the clouds form at the coast and then head inland to dump their cargo. Not sure why anyone wants to live in central florida honestly.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see an issue. I think toppers look weird when you're naked, but not with doors or freedom panels off.

Marty I think it looks fine, the color is good and helps, too.
However, I'm still trying to figure out why your being naked would make the topper look weird.
Strange forum, sometimes.

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
We’re supposed to have good weather for the next week, so I took the doors off. Buuuut, I just installed the topper- just wanted input- does it look odd/like shit, or no? I’m torn.

Jeep Gladiator Ugly or no? 20220520_102445
Nah man, looks great!
Jeep Gladiator Ugly or no? IMG_1203

JoeInOh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Model 3 & 2022 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter/paramedic
However, I'm still trying to figure out why your being naked would make the topper look weird.
Forums = strange.

OP
OP
cuellar13

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well played, @ShadowsPapa - I try not to drive naked often, but when I do, I typically keep the doors on, lol.
Sponsored