Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
New set going on end of week. After 400 miles I will update this thread if the problem reappears. Everything on the truck is in the green, alignment double checked. The tire with most obvious choppiness was on driver rear if that means anything.
Good luck. I went out and took a good look at mine, and the inner blocks looks good. I rotate every 10K on a five-tire cycle, so the inner is always inner but rotational direction reverses when they go from right to left side. I run between 28 and 32, depending upon season and road surface I'll be on (interstate 32 for max milage, local roads 28 for max comforts and best wear; usually 15 on trails). Tires are just passed 45K now and still look good.
Sponsored

Stan H

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant
Tire shop noticed today that my 37 Baja boss's with around 400 miles on them are all showing "choppiness" or uneven tread wear on inner blocks. Air pressure is right, alignment is right, no off-roading , no hard acceleration or sharp curves/turns, nothing but easy daily driving.

The choppiness is obvious on a couple of the tires but is present on all of them.

Tire shop offering to warranty them out an put a replacement set on but want me to either go with the same tires or they suggested TOYO's with less mileage warranty.

Does any of this issue with the M/T BB At's sound familiar? Anyone experience this? Really like the tires, so far, but at 400 miles with choppiness showing up already don't know if I would risk it.
No, but glad I dont.. Take the warranty and run with it.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Alignment is in spec. I think I need to run more psi with the skinny tires.
Jeep Gladiator Unexpected problem with new M/T Baja Boss A/T's IMG_8455

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
I think that I what I am going to do. Thanks. Are you seeing any uneven choppiness on inner tread blocks at all?
I agree with this advice. I have the same tire in a 35 vs. the 37 but I have 20,000 miles on mine, a mix of on and off road, PA boulders, etc and have no problems, no noise, no complaints. I have been so happy with these I recommend them to all of my friends. Good luck with the new set.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck. I went out and took a good look at mine, and the inner blocks looks good. I rotate every 10K on a five-tire cycle, so the inner is always inner but rotational direction reverses when they go from right to left side. I run between 28 and 32, depending upon season and road surface I'll be on (interstate 32 for max milage, local roads 28 for max comforts and best wear; usually 15 on trails). Tires are just passed 45K now and still look good.
I do a 5 way every 5k, but these tires are expensive.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MaxStrategery

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22'-3.6, 23'-3.0
I do a 5 way every 5k, but these tires are expensive.
I was thinking today watching the new set go on the truck, should I move the spare into the rotation cycle? I would have to buy another wheel approx. $300ish is it worth it? How much more overall life of the set is gained by including spare in rotation. Yes these are expensive tires.

Oh. One more thing. So with the pressure dropped to 28 my tpms light activated now. I thought it didn't turn on until 26 or 27. Can we reprogram the gladiator to adjust activation pressure down?

Charles 236

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Jeep technician
I was thinking today watching the new set go on the truck, should I move the spare into the rotation cycle? I would have to buy another wheel approx. $300ish is it worth it? How much more overall life of the set is gained by including spare in rotation. Yes these are expensive tires.

Oh. One more thing. So with the pressure dropped to 28 my tpms light activated now. I thought it didn't turn on until 26 or 27. Can we reprogram the gladiator to adjust activation pressure down?
If I remember correctly, the TPMS low pressure threshold can be reset using the WiTech (dealership) scan tool. So that would mean a trip to the dealership, but it wouldn't take long to reset the minimum inflation numbers.

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker

Adding the fifth tire is a 25 percent addition to overall tire pool, so you add that much to tire life. Of course you have to buy the tire, and the wheel, so the extra lift comes at a cost. (roughly $700-800).

I used JScan to lower the tire pressure alert to 25 psi. Easy to do.

OP
OP

MaxStrategery

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22'-3.6, 23'-3.0
Adding the fifth tire is a 25 percent addition to overall tire pool, so you add that much to tire life. Of course you have to buy the tire, and the wheel, so the extra lift comes at a cost. (roughly $700-800).

I used JScan to lower the tire pressure alert to 25 psi. Easy to do.
Did you have to mess with the security gateway?

Sponsored

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none

To me, it's a wash. If you rotate all five, then you'll have to replace all 5. I run a relatively inexpensive spare 37" spare. I'm on my second set of 37s and still may not ever touch the spare (hopefully). You can use jscan or jl mini. I switched to the Jscan so that I don't have to mess with the mini when taking the JT to the dealers. Jscan setting is more permanent, set it and forget it kinda deal.

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
Jscan can set the threshold as low as 15 psi (Tazer can only go as low at 25). Itā€™s worth being able to handle this yourself, along with the tire size calibration itself, of course

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

20% more life, but I look at it differently. If I donā€™t ever use the spare, itā€™ll likely get tossed when the other four are trashed. Iā€™d rather use them all and have them match diameters.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
Huh so MT advised I should run my ATs at 36psi until the sidewall breaks in. Running them now 32psi cold and the outer 1/2in tread blocks like many donā€™t even touch the ground. So he said run them at 36psi for a couple thousand and then do the chalk test. Seems a bit off to me. Just gonna leave them at 32psi for now.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Huh so MT advised I should run my ATs at 36psi until the sidewall breaks in. Running them now 32psi cold and the outer 1/2in tread blocks like many donā€™t even touch the ground. So he said run them at 36psi for a couple thousand and then do the chalk test. Seems a bit off to me. Just gonna leave them at 32psi for now.
Size? If 37x12.5x17lt, thatā€™s too high. Youā€™ll wear your middle blocks out quickly.
Sponsored