First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave 97 GMC Sonoma ZR2, 00 Chevy Blazer ZR2
Occupation
Warehouse Manager
I negotiated mine down even with the $6000 dealer markup because it had a build date on the door of 2/21, so you know it has been sitting on the lot for awhile. I wanted to wait and see about ordering but my primary car is not being dependable any longer. So I got my '21 Mojave with many of the feature/options I wanted. Tonneau cover is a bit faded from sitting so long and it does not have that new car smell, but I got it.
This dealer had markups of $6000 on most and more on some of the vehicles. I used the length of time sitting there and the excel sheet from here and it helped. In the beginning, they were like it is what it is concerning the price. They are trying to recoup some of their loss but he also explained that they do not want to go too low because people buy them low and then take them and sell them, because of the demand, and make money.
This dealership had a lot of vehicles in comparison to other dealerships that have a dozen or so on the lot.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gully Washer

Gully Washer

First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mojave
Occupation
Retired
Cant you order one cheaper than $67,800?

If you go to negotiate that I would tell them you have seen it on the lot for months and the only way you would touch it is if they replace BOTH batteries and they give it to you for X% over dealer invoice.
It's fully loaded and the price includes state sales tax...

Sponsored

BowlofSoup

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I got my eye on a 21 Mojave, it's been sitting on the dealer lot for over a year...Is this a reason for concern?
Bought my 21 Nacho freedom after it was sitting for almost a year. I had the same concern but everything has been fine. I assume it was sitting because A. nacho, B. manual, And C. Soft top. Probably hard to find someone who wants all three. Check it out but I wouldn't be scared. Still has the warranty

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
That price is right in line what a mid-Mojave is going for in SoCal plus there are so few that dealer mark-ups are common.

K-Dog

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Healthcare
I got my eye on a 21 Mojave, it's been sitting on the dealer lot for over a year...Is this a reason for concern?
55,500 63,500 nicely equipped 2022 Mojaves in MD

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
While I’m sure this thing is marked up, you’d be surprised how much actually checking every box jumps up the price. $60k is well equipped, a 2021 fully loaded with everything except for half doors (because that’s just crazy) is just under $70k including destination fee and without any incentives. Here is a sample 2021 build and price if you are interested.

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.gladiator....M,CSU,DHP,CWJ,CT9,ABR,RSJ,CWA,MMU,CHD,XMF,24D
Oh yeah, I think we need specific details on this truck to settle it. I checked every box minus the half the doors or color painted stuff (I think) this AM and it was like $63,000 so $67,000 OTD with taxes and fees may be plausible in today’s market if that is the case…. But then again there are Base sports selling for $15,000 over original MSRP on Carvana.

Also, how’s Jeep brainwashing all of us to spending $60,000 on midsize trucks? My Rubi had a $58,480 MSRP.

Sponsored

ThirdCoastOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT, 2022 Mojave on order
Occupation
Engineer
Oh yeah, I think we need specific details on this truck to settle it. I checked every box minus the half the doors or color painted stuff (I think) this AM and it was like $63,000 so $67,000 OTD with taxes and fees may be plausible in today’s market if that is the case…. But then again there are Base sports selling for $15,000 over original MSRP on Carvana.

Also, how’s Jeep brainwashing all of us to spending $60,000 on midsize trucks? My Rubi had a $58,480 MSRP.
To get to $69,800 you gotta go full send with painted everything, dual top, upgraded wheels, fanciest rock rails, hard tonneau, every offered package, auto tranny, selec-trac 4wd, and THEN add every nickel and dime sill plate window bag gorilla glass body decal slush mats etc there is. Half doors on top of all that puts you at $74k. If you really want to impress your friends you can leaf through the MOPAR aftermarket catalog and easily spend another $10k+ for dealer installed bits and pieces.

I dunno how they do it! I talked myself into a $58,920 MSRP myself for the Mojave I ordered and that’s even with me purposefully choosing a manual transmission and cloth seats. I went with Gupton so their pricing brought it down to a more reasonable level, but still.

I really did try to find other options on the market with a similar level of “fun factor”, anything comparably equipped seems to fall in about the same price or even higher.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
There's beautiful sting grey Mojave in PA on the lot for $56K. Just saw it yesterday

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Just get the vin and use the links I provided and post them here.

Cripton805

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Max Tow > Mojave > Rubicon > Willys > Sport

In my opinion. Why?

It's a truck. I would imagine people bought a truck to be a truck. Although this "truck" is the most offroad capable truck. You will get the most out of a Max Tow. Still has Dana 44 wide axles and LSD. Best all around.

Why do I say Mojave > Rubicon? It does better for what it was built for. The Mojave is a beast on Sand. The Rubicon is mediocre over rocks. Idk why people want to rock crawl in a Gladiator. It makes zero sense to me. It just doesn't have the clearance without scraping everywhere. Why would you want to use a truck while it's loaded and go rock crawling? You will have way more fun in a Wrangler. (I owned one) and the Wrangler Rubicon is a beast over rocks. Buy a trailer to haul stuff.

Willys is great with the LSD like the Max tow. Great all around without the Towing capabilities. Good option for those wanting to save money that will never or
tow light weight.

Buy the Mojave if you will use it on sand. If not, I would save money and buy a Max Tow.
Sponsored