First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
If they do this, they should announce it 30 minutes before tomorrow’s live stream by Ford. I expect the charge for the motor would be $8-10k since they’re not spending on another motor and having to pay humans to swap it. If axles are coming too, $16-18k
Sponsored

P.Lo

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Me too, everyone complains of lack of power, I have no issue with the power of my Overland. Its cool they are adding a V8 option for people who want it though.
I'm in this camp as well. My Overland takes me to and from work, at a comfortable 78mph on the Hwy. I really don't need to spend an additional 12k just to increase my hwy on-ramp time by a couple of seconds.
Cool option, and I'm sure it will sound awesome.......
but I will happily stick with what I got!:)

Jefro83

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Maybe for the gladiator,it's longer. But I also have a 75 cj5 with a small lift and 33's on it. I've had it on two wheels four times avoiding people on the road. Too much power for the 2 or 4 door Wrangler. Had since 1983. The good old 232 with the 3 speed manual is plenty of power,it's not a race vehicle.

Jefro83

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Maybe for the gladiator,it's longer. But I also have a 75 cj5 with a small lift and 33's on it. I've had it on two wheels four times avoiding people on the road. Too much power for the 2 or 4 door Wrangler. Had since 1983. The good old 232 with the 3 speed manual is plenty of power,it's not a race vehicle.
Have a 2000 Cherokee sport,66k miles bought from older couple who bought it new. Even for that it's a lot of power. The Cherokee could use a little v8 but a hemi, wow!

Sponsored

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Ya'll do know the new 3.0 Diesel comes with The 8HP75 ZF transmission fyi

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude

Sponsored

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
You can tell that by the price! :)

True, and the head of the company said so himself- it’s a niche vehicle, and will be priced that way. Seeing as it’s overtaken two midsize trucks in sales already, maybe people just don’t give a crap, and they’ll pay for an extra two cylinders as well. Only one way to find out

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
This is intriguing indeed...

- Sure, common sense tells us it will never happen. But if only a few years ago we heard Dodge would offer Challengers and Chargers with supercharged Hemi engines, we would have also thought it would never happen

- The offroading/overlanding thing is growing like gangbusters. That's one of the reasons Ford is jumping back in with the Bronco. They want a piece of that very profitable pie. Jeep isn't going to give it up easily. A V8 Wrangler and a V8 Gladiator would indeed help them to hold onto more of that pie.

- The problem with diesels is engineers have to pull their hair out to get them to meet EPA standards. Then, as soon it's all done, the EPA tightens the rules and thus bans the diesel. Fuel injected gasoline engines, however, are now pretty good at meeting EPA standards. Offering a V8 Jeep option might actually be cheaper and easier than maintaining the diesel option.

- Jeep drivelines are already pretty durable. A few key component upgrades can make them bullet-proof. It wouldn't be hard to engineer a drive train to hold up behind a Hemi.

- While discounts and swap kits for current Gladiators sounds nice, it will never happen. FCA is in the business of selling Jeeps. They want us a buy a new Jeep and not do an engine swap in current Jeeps. (While FCA sells a Hellcat crate engine, I'm not aware off them offering to swap it into any newer FCA vehicles.)

- I like it!

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
on a Ram, its only 1495 option
That's the 5.7. A 6.4 (392) will most certainly be more than the diesel option which is at least $4k. I don't think this will be just another engine option. If it's really it will likely be a high spec model or a limited edition and it'll be upwards of $10k or more.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata