Sponsored

Upgraded Instrument Cluster - 3.5" to 7" Easy!

Shopshirt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
Super glad I found your post this morning because I am apparently in the same boat!! Was looking at some other stuff last night on this site and suddenly came to the realization that I got misinformed by the dealer AGAIN. Still super irritated. But this is nice to know that the upgraded cluster can be installed easy enough.

Although I checked that site you linked to and it looks like from wrecked vehicles. No dash for Glad or JL currently available. I wonder what MOPAR would charge...
I believe it is around $300-400.
Instrument Panel Cluster - Mopar (68336279AH)
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I took delivery of my 2022 Sport S that I optioned up with the 8.4" Package, Alpine Audio, both Safety Packages, Leather, Cold Weather, and Popular Equipment Package. I mistakenly didn't check off the tech. package, as I assumed all of that was also included in the 8.4" package. To my surprise, when I took delivery of my JT two weeks ago, I had a fully loaded interior, but a base model black and white instrument cluster- uh oh!

I did a little research online, and ended up finding an instrument cluster out of a totaled 2020 JT with the tech package for $125 on lkqonline.com. I just recieved it today and only took about 20min to install it. Everything was plug and play, just had to unplug the old one after removing part of the dash, and then reinstall. Then just reprogrammed the odometer over OBD2 bluetooth, and it's good as new!

I'm super happy now as the car is exactly how I envisioned it! Didn't see the need to pay more for a higher trim model as I have no desire for rock-climbing or much high-speed off roading. The Sport S with all the packages I wanted is a perfect truck for me!

20220303_093642.jpg
20220303_132733.jpg
20220303_134204.jpg
Did you also get the auto dimming rear view mirror?

OP
OP

Joejberg

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Did you also get the auto dimming rear view mirror?
Yes auto dimming mirror was included. The instrument cluster was the only thing that was a surprise to me with my build. Literally thought the factory made an error!

Shopshirt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
Yes auto dimming mirror was included. The instrument cluster was the only thing that was a surprise to me with my build. Literally thought the factory made an error!
I thought I was getting the full deal as well. I was surprised to see the smaller display as well.
However, I was glad to save the extra grand as well. :)

jibberjabbs

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you for sharing your modification! How did you reprogram the odometer over OBD2 bluetooth?

Sponsored

BrickSquad7848

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Engineer
@Joejberg following up on this thread. How were you able to correct the miles via OBD2 bluetooth? Wanting to do this upgrade but a little concerned over the mileage adjustment - Don't want anything to go sideways. Mine is a lease but I plan on either keeping it or trading it in early, which will not impact the lease.

correfe

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
construction
I took delivery of my 2022 Sport S that I optioned up with the 8.4" Package, Alpine Audio, both Safety Packages, Leather, Cold Weather, and Popular Equipment Package. I mistakenly didn't check off the tech. package, as I assumed all of that was also included in the 8.4" package. To my surprise, when I took delivery of my JT two weeks ago, I had a fully loaded interior, but a base model black and white instrument cluster- uh oh!

I did a little research online, and ended up finding an instrument cluster out of a totaled 2020 JT with the tech package for $125 on lkqonline.com. I just recieved it today and only took about 20min to install it. Everything was plug and play, just had to unplug the old one after removing part of the dash, and then reinstall. Then just reprogrammed the odometer over OBD2 bluetooth, and it's good as new!

I'm super happy now as the car is exactly how I envisioned it! Didn't see the need to pay more for a higher trim model as I have no desire for rock-climbing or much high-speed off roading. The Sport S with all the packages I wanted is a perfect truck for me!

20220303_093642.jpg
20220303_132733.jpg
20220303_134204.jpg
How did you program the odometer via OBD2 Bluetooth?
what program did you use?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
How did you program the odometer via OBD2 Bluetooth?
what program did you use?
You are like the third person to ask the OP that with at least on person asking it and he has since logged in but has not answered the question.

Draw your own conclusions why the question is being avoided and ignored.

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
What’s the plan for the ODO? Looks like you went from 700 miles to 8…? 🧐
Looks great though! And a bunch of people are going to appreciate you posting this!

correfe

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
construction
You are like the third person to ask the OP that with at least on person asking it and he has since logged in but has not answered the question.

Draw your own conclusions why the question is being avoided and ignored.
I kind of figured that, as to why it wasn't being answered.

I wonder what are the steps the dealership takes to program it with proper mileage.
Do they need the old panel out or kept in , or do it from OBD port after new installation?

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon

I wonder what are the steps the dealership takes to program it with proper mileage.
Do they need the old panel out or kept in , or do it from OBD port after new installation?
From what I have seen for a warranty or repair replacement, most dealership have the customer leave the vehicle with them for a few days while the cluster is removed and sent out for programming. It is not something they do in house at the dealership.

That tells me that more than likely they have a contracted third party service that programs the cluster through connection to a EPROM which usually means disassembly of the cluster for access to the electronics.

Also, I would keep in mind that dealerships are not usually "upgrade" or "mod" friendly when it comes to things like this. They may not want to touch it since it will not be a one for one replacement of the existing part number cluster and it is not in for an actual defect condition.

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee

Dealerships can’t correct odometers, and don’t have the capability. You can try using AlfaOBD to correct the mileage. If that doesn’t work, call infotainment and see if they’ll do it.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
To follow up on the mileage correction, I swapped the cluster on my JLU and had Instrument Cluster Store correct the mileage on mine. Three years ago it was about $120 and a week to turn around. I had them set mine to a higher mileage than I estimated I’d be at then drove to that mileage and swapped.
I have had the second clutch recall done which added the gear position indicator without any issues, I just told them I had swapped the cluster and they said no problem.

An awesome upgrade over the stock cluster.
Gregj

eta: Link to ICS

jibberjabbs

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Engineer
This place claims to do it for $90. I have not done it yet, but they did reply to my inquire about specifically correcting the mileage on a Gladiator cluster:

https://www.odo-pro.com/index.html

Also I have contacted AlphaOBD about this feature, and their reply was: "Sorry the odometer correction is not yet available for the JT model."

rhill2901

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler jl, 2018 ram 1500, 2014 jetta
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I can loan you my obd m500 odometer programmer. You give me an address plus $400, and I’ll send it to you. Once you’re done, you can keep it, or send back to me. If I get it back and it still works, I’ll give you back $350 minus shipping costs of sending it to you.
Sponsored