Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave 1983 Jeep CJ-7
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm new on here. I got my first brand new Jeep. I got a 2022 Gladiator Mojave. I've an 83 CJ-7 for 10 years now. I built it myself. There is practically no comparison to the new jeeps.
Ive also learned in my research that not all Rubicon's are the same. That includes the Mojave editions. I saw two Mojaves side by side at the dealership where I bought mine. One was 59,000.00 the other was only 54,000.00 the were the same color and they almost looked the same. One had high performance shocks the other didn't. The one with the high performance shocks had what looked like 3 inch lift. I could go on and on. The one I bought had a transmission cooler and 8 speed transmission.it also came with 33" mud tires and 4.10 gears with lockers in the rear. I'm saying this because I've noticed people complaining about their purchase. I hope I helped someone with my input.
Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I'm new on here. I got my first brand new Jeep. I got a 2022 Gladiator Mojave. I've an 83 CJ-7 for 10 years now. I built it myself. There is practically no comparison to the new jeeps.
Ive also learned in my research that not all Rubicon's are the same. That includes the Mojave editions. I saw two Mojaves side by side at the dealership where I bought mine. One was 59,000.00 the other was only 54,000.00 the were the same color and they almost looked the same. One had high performance shocks the other didn't. The one with the high performance shocks had what looked like 3 inch lift. I could go on and on. The one I bought had a transmission cooler and 8 speed transmission.it also came with 33" mud tires and 4.10 gears with lockers in the rear. I'm saying this because I've noticed people complaining about their purchase. I hope I helped someone with my input.
What 'high performance' shocks did the lifted one have? Because the one 'without' actually had some very high performance from the factory, which is the one it sounds like you ended up with.

And Mojave's are not versions of the Rubicon.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
It is crazy the number of different Gladiator models and on top of the number of models the various options and option packages. Then you have to figure out what color to buy! No wonder what model, package and options a buyer should choose is so often a topic of discussion on this forum.

OP
OP

GaryMicko

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mine came with the fox shocks with the extra reservoir. The only thing mine didn't have was the disconnect for the front end.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Mine came with the fox shocks with the extra reservoir. The only thing mine didn't have was the disconnect for the front end.
Do you know what you bought?

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator SportS, manual, soft top, black
Welcome friend! As a seasoned jeeper I'm sure you understand the real money goes into those components the average bystander won't see. Aesthetics are the same, save those who have a taste for flare. From the factory, mostly is what it is. Your Mojave is not a rubicon, but its own animal for its own brand of fun. Have fun on the trails!

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is the only way the Mojave comes.

External Reservoir shocks. Fronts are connected by a hose and located under the skid plate. Rears are piggybacks. )
Rear locker. No front locker
No sway bar disconnect.
Silver skid plate

OP
OP

GaryMicko

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ill
I do not understand how the title of your post relates to the subject of the post. I do not really understand the subject either though…

I guess I did kind of drifted a little. An example of what I tried to make was for instance., back in the 70s and 80s these CJ's came in labelled as Renegade, Limited and Laredo ECT. I've done lots of research to find out that these various labels weren't absolute. For instance mine is an 83 Renegade with an factory automatic transmission and a 4.2 engine. Ive seen a Lerado which is supposed to be the up graded version. I found out that it had a built in clock and a four speed tranny some had 304s in the some had a 4 cylinder.
Back to today when the dealership orders a vehicle it may have started out as a Rubicon but the dealership wanted a Mojave so they finish it up as Mojave with certain features mostly found in Rubicons. I believe that you cheat yourself a little when you special order them. The dealership where mine came from had Overlands with Rubicon features.

I love both my Jeeps.

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I hope I helped someone with my input.
I honestly don't see how you could have. Most of the information you provided was incorrect. Almost blatantly so.

Mojave "edition" is not a Rubicon trim. It's it's own trim. It never has front sbd or front locker.

The fact that 2 mojaves had different msrps confuses you means you bought a jeep without once ever looking at the jeep b&p... or any mnfrs b&p ever.

Mojaves only have one suspension setup from the factory. There is no 3 inch lift. Did you visit a dealer selling modified vehicles?

You know what. Don't answer me questions, please, just delete your wildly misleading post. Please.

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
I honestly don't see how you could have. Most of the information you provided was incorrect. Almost blatantly so.

Mojave "edition" is not a Rubicon trim. It's it's own trim. It never has front sbd or front locker.

The fact that 2 mojaves had different msrps confuses you means you bought a jeep without once ever looking at the jeep b&p... or any mnfrs b&p ever.

Mojaves only have one suspension setup from the factory. There is no 3 inch lift. Did you visit a dealer selling modified vehicles?

You know what. Don't answer me questions, please, just delete your wildly misleading post. Please.
I don’t want to shame or have someone delete a post. But I do hope the OP can become informed or is able to be instructed and comprehend what’s actual fact and not just loose misinformation

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
The thread did not drift, it never started as what it was advertised as.

As others have said, the Mojave and Rubicon have different specs. You cannot order a Rubicon with the Mojave shocks and you cannot order a Mojave with front lockers and disconnect.

I would love to know what Rubicon features the Overland had. It is not going to come from the Jeep factory that way, so unless the dealer is modifying it you do not understand the standard features of the vehicle.

And you cannot compare how a vehicle was spec’ed 30 years ago to how they are spec’ed now. Special ordering is so much more limited now.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Back to today when the dealership orders a vehicle it may have started out as a Rubicon but the dealership wanted a Mojave so they finish it up as Mojave with certain features mostly found in Rubicons.
Please stop, that's not how any of this works. Unless you're buying from a very weird dealer that is Frankensteining brand new cars together to excuse ridiculous addendums (and of that I will require proof) you're just making stuff up because you don't understand.
I believe that you cheat yourself a little when you special order them.
Mind justifying this statement, at all? Any backup for this complete non-sequitor?
The dealership where mine came from had Overlands with Rubicon features.
And what Rubicon features would those be? Once again I'm going to need proof to justify your inane babbling. I'm not even 100% convinced you know what "Rubicon features" are at this point.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
We’ll Gary you are off to a great start, welcome to the forum and have fun with your Mojave.
Sounds like your dealer is playing a few games and telling you stuff that is not right. You can go to Jeep.com and build your Jeep and see what they all can come with I love the fact you can order and get or not get exactly what you want. Buying off the lot uninformed from a dealer modifying with lifts and such is a tough way to get what you want. I would let this thread die, chill and lurk for awhile then do a lot of searches then post when you have a real need.
Again welcome we all were new at one time……Jack
Sponsored