What’s your upgrade order of operations

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I’m assuming most people tackle the wheels, tires and suspension first, (if they’re going to at all) but then what did you pick? I’m not expecting their to be a “right” answer. I’m just interested in hearing people’s stories. I’m in that situation now and can’t decide. Do I want aux lights? Rock sliders? Bed accessories?

I can’t seem to decide, yet. I guess it’s a good problem to have, but I probably won’t be doing many upgrades for a while after this so I have to make it count.
Sponsored

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Nice chart. I should probably do something like that. Instead, this is what I did.

Started with a Mojave JT.
1st mod: 35" Wildpeak MTs to replace the stock 33" Wildpeak MTs, mounted on stock wheels
2nd mod: 12K Warn winch, which required an aftermarket bumper, so I chose the light weight Rugged Ridge Arcus stubby bumper
3rd mod: JKS quick disconnects
4th mod: Baja Designs LP6 lights on the front bumper

And that's it. Don't really plan on any more.

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
This is how I'm breaking my plans down. Two tabs at the bottom. Overall options and then stages - most likely going the Mopar/37s route...

I love this - I have a similar spreadsheet going. This is how I plan everything...

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
What I've bought and what I've actually put on are two different things

I bought a Rubicon take-off suspension before I even bought my Jeep, I also have NFab RKR slider steps sitting in the side yard. I'll do those today or this weekend, and the suspension along with a Teraflex level kit, Black Rhino Armories, and Toyo Open Country RT 35s are going on next week

My first installed mod though? Broooooo

Jeep Gladiator What’s your upgrade order of operations IMG_3883

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Tires, went with 285/75/17s on stock wheels. Will put a small lift on with Rubicon shocks next. Probably a front bumper with off-road lights after that. For my use that’s about all I want to do.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
imo
-Driver training
-recovery and camping gear
-fuel for trips
-lighting

frost

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
Occupation
Sales executive
I’m assuming most people tackle the wheels, tires and suspension first, (if they’re going to at all) but then what did you pick? I’m not expecting their to be a “right” answer. I’m just interested in hearing people’s stories. I’m in that situation now and can’t decide. Do I want aux lights? Rock sliders? Bed accessories?

I can’t seem to decide, yet. I guess it’s a good problem to have, but I probably won’t be doing many upgrades for a while after this so I have to make it count.
Good question. I ordered the lift kit first, but due to the lead time I've decided to tackle bumpers and sliders while I wait. When lift gets installed (RK 4.5"), at that same time I'll be installing new wheels and tires.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
35” tires first
Winch will be second
Lift 3rd

With a winch. I can go anywhere someone lifted with 37s can go.

Sponsored

Georgia Jeeper

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Insurance
I had Rubicon take off suspension, Rubicon wheels, Rubicon steel skid plate, a leveling kit, and door sill guards before I bought the truck. Within a week of ownership I had installed all the above, along with Toyo At3's. I then went in the following order:
N-Fab steps
Floor liners
Cup holder liners
Autostop Eliminator
Redarc brake controller
PPF on door hinges
Window tint
Line-X
Tonneau cover
I am trying to tell myself I need to be done for a while, but I find myself looking at new front bumpers now.

ChrisK

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Dad
Vehicle Showcase
Got the Mopar switch bank and will have it installed in a week or so. Then...MOPAR cold air and tires. Have to get my stubby brand new tires to go with the Fox lift. After that? Light upgrades and possible bumper.

OP
OP
Alans17

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Wow, this thread is old. I’d forgotten about it.

Since I first posted it, I’ve installed a steel bumper and got a number of accessories for Christmas such as an air compressor. And I have a few things planned for the near term to prepare for a summer trip...

Winch
Steel skid plate
Some sort of bed rack or storage solution

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
  • Tonneau cover ($250-500) - before I ever take it off-road it will be getting groceries and such, and it will rain
  • Rock rails ($100-250) - before I ever take it off-road, the pinch seams will get hit with rocks, salt, and are always the first/worst parts I see rusting on old Wranglers
  • Floor mats ($160)
  • Mud terrain take-offs ($500) - because they're cheaper than new 35s and tread beats size for off-roading
  • Bumper ($500-900) - helps in collisions over plastic, needed for future winch anyway
  • Winch ($500) - because I'd rather be able to get unstuck from mud/snow/ditch than avoid scraping my pumpkin by a an inch or two, includes cost of plate
  • 35" tires ($1500) - avoids scraping pumpkin. Still on stock wheels.
  • Air Compressor ($100-200) - good one needed for larger tires, unless your start/stop wheeling is near a gas station
  • Cab cover ($200) - for when the roof comes off and rig is parked outside at work, unexpected rains
  • Bed rack ($750) - adds utility and makes carrying and covering larger items in the bed easier (not moving around as much, not falling out, etc). JCR is current favorite
  • Roof-top Tent ($3k) - because there are plenty of places to camp where I don't need 37s and a lift, and I can make do with a ground tent until the above are bought.
  • Clayton's 3.5" Lift ($3kl) - avoids scraping belly, by far the most expensive single upgrade thus far
  • Re-gear ($2k) - people have been running 35s and 37s on mild-off roading with 4.10 for a few years now.
  • Light bar ($???) - because I've never been in a situation where lockers helped (in fact I've done better than yotas with lockers on), but I have been on roads where I wished I had more light
  • Aux Switches
  • 37" tires and wheels ($3k) - I suppose it's time, probably have gone through two sets of 35s by now.
  • Dana 60/80 axles - $16k
Yes, I intentionally left lockers off. Maybe they;ll come with the upgraded axles.

Total Jeep Upgrades: at least, $12k without getting to lightbars and 37s, and not including cost of labor! Probably closer to $15k. I'm actually doing just fine without a lift so everything past the RTT is way optional/low priority for me.

Everything on the list? Probably $35k with labor costs. So my $46k Sport Max Tow becomes an $80k rig. Yah, not liking the sound of that. Will probably never get past the RTT unless I make some crazy money
Sponsored