john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon
Occupation
gray beard
Whelp...it be dat time o' de year...

Replaced my Freedom panels with my BestTop Sunrider top.

And, for the first time, I actually got the Freedom panels into their bag correctly on the FIRST try :rock::rock::rock:

It's usually like trying to insert a USB drive...you know, gotta turn it around a few times before it actually fits and goes in ???
that's what she said! i can't help my inner 14 year old self.
Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
oooh Dan that's cold man, cold!
Not that cold. I’m getting close to buying a dolly. I can’t decide if it’s because I’m weak, long in the waistband, or that I just love tools.

JCappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma, Shopping for a jeep
Whelp...it be dat time o' de year...

Replaced my Freedom panels with my BestTop Sunrider top.

And, for the first time, I actually got the Freedom panels into their bag correctly on the FIRST try :rock::rock::rock:

It's usually like trying to insert a USB drive...you know, gotta turn it around a few times before it actually fits and goes in ???
Don't feel bad. I have the same problem. Never get it right the first time., or the second time. Sometimes I just leave in in the bed with only one side zipped up.

JCappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I try to lift the tire just barely off the ground so there isn’t much lifting. But I may look into dollys when I get too old.
Know the feeling. Rotated my tires for the first time a few weeks ago. I was like holy crap these things are a lot heavier than my last vehicle. Had to sit with my legs spread around the tires to get enough leverage to lift them back up and on. Next time I will definitely only jack up the truck as little as necessary and yes I'm old. :LOL:

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Know the feeling. Rotated my tires for the first time a few weeks ago. I was like holy crap these things are a lot heavier than my last vehicle. Had to sit with my legs spread around the tires to get enough leverage to lift them back up and on. Next time I will definitely only jack up the truck as little as necessary and yes I'm old. :LOL:
I’ve done 11 five way rotations on it so far. I think I’ve gotten used to it. But when I do my wife’s car, they feel like feathers.

JCappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve done 11 five way rotations on it so far. I think I’ve gotten used to it. But when I do my wife’s car, they feel like feathers.
Same with my wife's car. I've decided that I am going to use your excuse of "I just love tools" if I decide to get a tire tool down the road.

bgott

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys, 2006 Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
retired
One of my many jobs over the years was repairing truck tires. The trick is to get a fulcrum, a short length of 2x or 4x, and a three or so foot long pry bar. Roll the tire up to the hub, kick the board up in front of the tire and pry it up on the hub. A shorter pry bar will work on a Jeep tire, of course, unless you found some adapters to mount you some 11.00- 24.5 tires!

Sponsored

Wmkresse

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Installed the Yeti XD Sector Support
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_4527
Reinforcement Bracket

IMG_4528.jpeg

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Yeti XD Sector Support
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20240502_235758880~2
Reinforcement Bracket

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20240502_235758880~2
You will not be disappointed. They take a beating and your steering will thank you.

JCappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One of my many jobs over the years was repairing truck tires. The trick is to get a fulcrum, a short length of 2x or 4x, and a three or so foot long pry bar. Roll the tire up to the hub, kick the board up in front of the tire and pry it up on the hub. A shorter pry bar will work on a Jeep tire, of course, unless you found some adapters to mount you some 11.00- 24.5 tires!
Yea I was thinking I needed to come up with a way to make that easier. I'm not sure I have a pry bar that long but I'm sure I'll figure something out. Appreciate the tip.

KoBear

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Gobi JTR
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_5793
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_5794

Finally got over my fear and swapped my gray dash for the red one provided to me by @Koons_of_Tysons_Corner when I bought my truck and it came with the gray (my truck is gobi).

Easier than I expected. When I turned the truck back on, didn’t have SiriusXM and some other features. Found that by holding the power and the select button for 10 seconds reset my head unit when I let go. All features work again.
Sponsored