2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
MC arms on today - Duroflex

B6B5F923-5590-4EC3-9AE5-2C491D072ED4.jpeg

53822AE8-917F-4D53-8230-470F27059501.jpeg

9B1BBF0B-C541-49E5-987D-CE824B0ED65B.jpeg

AC44FD23-8CDD-4DB1-A88D-C53AAFF33362.jpeg

17785448-2833-44CB-8753-343D4DC0AE62.jpeg
love the benefit of the MC arms but turns out the factory toe setting is what was causing the wandering and hard feel over bumps.

After the dealer attributing the wander to the steering box and doing the service for a steel one…nada. I assumed the me adding 1.5” spacers on top of the MOPAR lift had sent my caster way out of spec. Well - it wasn’t.

Wandering? Toe issues
Hard road bumps? Minor bump steer

Now - should I tell my wife the MC control arms weren’t needed?

C72D11B3-DDC8-4DFD-A0A6-37BEF44EB4C2.jpeg
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got some new-to-me shoes on the JT

17in black steelies with 255/75/17 Continental Terrain contact AT tires

I also paited the balancing weights black to blend them.

AC8AD7B8-0F75-4FBB-AB74-B421655E29C7.jpeg

2C673E8F-4E4D-42CE-878B-D8DA251BDEFF.jpeg

9C741D1C-A1D8-4633-9272-8F8E14D32E5C.jpeg
A note for anyone curious why the rear looks so dang high in that picture...

When I was driving today I felt like the back end was rougher than normal and my seating position was very straight up and down...despite my seta not being moved. Once I got to work I happened to look and saw my bags were inflated...

I check and they were filled to 35psi. My best guess is the shop did it just to see how well they worked, and didnt deflate them. So now that I took them back to the 5psi I normally have in them the truck sits and rides normally again.

I was REALLY annoyed this morning thinking I made a bad call on these tires. Time will still tell as they have a 60 day trial period from continental. If they dont get similar MPG to the stockers I may swap them for a set of terrain contact HT instead of the ATs i have on now.

NewGladdyOWNR

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
MRI Technologist
Got this overland a week or so ago and just had the 2” AEV spacer lift installed. Would possibly like to level it but it’s a whole can of worms as I don’t want to simply add a spacer on the already excellent AEV spacer kit. Could do rubicon front shocks and their fox shocks all around but that’s a decent amount of work and dollars to lift ration (maybe 3/4”-1” tops.) New bumper shows up today as well as new step bars. 35x12.50x20 wheels show next week. Ordered rokblox as well because of my 600’ gravel driveway. Once I hit 50mph it launches the gravel at my doors. Hate mud flaps, but not as much as the sound of rocks pinging off my truck.

Photo is hard to see the actual lift unless you look at the wheel well gap. Mechanic said gain was actually closer to 3-3.5” by his measurements, but said it’ll likely settle.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] C72D11B3-DDC8-4DFD-A0A6-37BEF44EB4C2

Here is the rendering with the parts I’ve ordered and the lift of what I’m going for. Wheels are close enough.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] C72D11B3-DDC8-4DFD-A0A6-37BEF44EB4C2
well, you kinda screwed yourself by doing the spacer lift kit, if you’re also trying to level it. You COULD, get a set of rubicon front coils which will give you about a 1” lift in the front and keep the rear coils stock.

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
well, you kinda screwed yourself by doing the spacer lift kit, if you’re also trying to level it. You COULD, get a set of rubicon front coils which will give you about a 1” lift in the front and keep the rear coils stock.
You’re exactly right. My original issue was seeing that a lift also leveled, as I looked into it a 2.5” lift was really a 2” lift in the front and a .5” lift in the rear which raised and leveled it. Very happy with the AEV setup and quality for my needs, just would have preferred a little more level as well

Content either way, but thinking whichever number (I’ll need to research) rubicon shock is the tallest, I can add that to just the front. This will also need longer shocks, but I believe the rubicon fox will cover that.

Foxtail

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport 2012 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited
Love my Katzkins and the process made it a turnkey operation. They have a network of authorized installers that's included in the price, and I got a hell of a deal.
Yes, I took your advice and called Steve and got a hell of a deal. So glad I did

Sponsored

NewGladdyOWNR

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
MRI Technologist
You’re exactly right. My original issue was seeing that a lift also leveled, as I looked into it a 2.5” lift was really a 2” lift in the front and a .5” lift in the rear which raised and leveled it. Very happy with the AEV setup and quality for my needs, just would have preferred a little more level as well

Content either way, but thinking whichever number (I’ll need to research) rubicon shock is the tallest, I can add that to just the front. This will also need longer shocks, but I believe the rubicon fox will cover that.
The rubicon front coils will get you a 1” inch lift over the stock Overland coils, however the shock length of the rubicon shocks vs the overland are the same length. My suggestion to you would be to get shock extension brackets (so you maintain the travel of the shocks) or go with a shock made for a 2” inch lift which are longer ie. the fox shocks in the Mopar 2” lift.

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
The rubicon front coils will get you a 1” inch lift over the stock Overland coils, however the shock length of the rubicon shocks vs the overland are the same length. My suggestion to you would be to get shock extension brackets (so you maintain the travel of the shocks) or go with a shock made for a 2” inch lift which are longer ie. the fox shocks in the Mopar 2” lift.
Good call, thank you. The AEV kit came with shock extensions, but I assume you may be talking about needing more extension as the rubicon spring would go another inch from where it is now?

Anyone have the spring numbers off the steel bumper rubicon? I know there are 3+ different sets depending on trim level and they are different numbers left to right also. Want to order the correct ones off Mopar.

NewGladdyOWNR

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
MRI Technologist
Good call, thank you. The AEV kit came with shock extensions, but I assume you may be talking about needing more extension as the rubicon spring would go another inch from where it is now?

Anyone have the spring numbers off the steel bumper rubicon? I know there are 3+ different sets depending on trim level and they are different numbers left to right also. Want to order the correct ones off Mopar.
You’d be fine with the shock extension brackets with the additional 1” lift from the rubicon coils. As far as getting info for coil part numbers good luck. I’ve searched everywhere to find out which coil goes to which Rubicon and had no luck. I did however find which rubicon my suspension went to by finding them on eBay and messaging the seller.

I have a takeoff rubicon full suspension sitting in my garage, i‘ll be installing that, along with the teraflex 1.5” leveling spacers, and the daystar 3/4” rear spacer, as soon as my 35’s get in, so i can get a wheel alignment (killing two birds with one stone). I’ll post pics when it’s all set up.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase

If your concerned I have a set of rubi take off shocks that I had on my JTMT for about 20,000 miles. theyre fine and have no issues, I took them off because I got a set of fox 2.0s off a forum member and out them on.

Theyre yours for $25 + the cost of shipping to you. The rubi shocks are a little longer than stock so would make sure your still good to go with the extensions you have in place.

NewGladdyOWNR

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
MRI Technologist
If your concerned I have a set of rubi take off shocks that I had on my JTMT for about 20,000 miles. theyre fine and have no issues, I took them off because I got a set of fox 2.0s off a forum member and out them on.

Theyre yours for $25 + the cost of shipping to you. The rubi shocks are a little longer than stock so would make sure your still good to go with the extensions you have in place.
The rubi shocks and the overland shocks are the exact same length. There are ton of videos out there proving that.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, shocks are equal length, obviously coils are not.
Gotcha. Shock length was not something I researched having a JTMT. I just knew I either needed the extensions, or longer shocks when I lifted. So Rubi or the 2.0s. Interesting that the overlands are the same length as the rubis...makes me wonder if theyre all the same length ( with the exception of the 2.0s that come with the MPP 2in kit )

NewGladdyOWNR

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
MRI Technologist
Gotcha. Shock length was not something I researched having a JTMT. I just knew I either needed the extensions, or longer shocks when I lifted. So Rubi or the 2.0s. Interesting that the overlands are the same length as the rubis...makes me wonder if theyre all the same length ( with the exception of the 2.0s that come with the MPP 2in kit )
Right, exactly. My guess would be all trims have the same length shocks, since the 1“ difference in coil height won’t really affect the shocks. Anything above 2” would require a shock length upgrade IMO. I opted for the shock extension brackets with my leveling kit and rubi suspension, as it is the most budget friendly option for a lift to get bigger tires. Eventually, I’ll get the MPP 2in kit.

GRDIESEL

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Last edited: