First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Am I seeing it right that you're running the heat at 74 and have the heated wheel and heated seats turned on, all while it's 70 degrees outside?
Hey, we had the windows down! 😄

That's what happens when you grow up in South Florida without air conditioning!
Sponsored

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
Haven't posted in a while, but here's an update on some of the new mods:

AEV EX Bumper, with a Baja Designs lightbar in the skid and a Smittybilt XRC Gen 3 12k winch.

PXL_20211030_025149086.jpg

Oracle Reverse lights. These suckers are super bright!

PXL_20211023_000110783.jpg

Waterport Weekender 8 gal pressurized water tank. Had to modify it a bit to get it the way I wanted, but it works fantastic.

PXL_20211008_225507465.jpg

Not pictured: Amorlite floor replacement, Bestop Granite Rock Rails for the rear bumper, Acumen Rear View Mirror Dashcam.
Lockers and gears are coming in December. Here's a pic as she sits today!!

PXL_20211101_155713826.PORTRAIT.jpg
GREAT looking truck! What tail lights are those?

Usbuilt

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Rear upper control arms. Easy job but hitting 90° in a tight space with limited leverage took some creativity.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 569F1201-A7D7-49FB-AC22-C44BC0D58AAB
Nice!

Probably the first person I have seen to properly use a toque angle gauge.

Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Haven't posted in a while, but here's an update on some of the new mods:

AEV EX Bumper, with a Baja Designs lightbar in the skid and a Smittybilt XRC Gen 3 12k winch.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] EF2464A8-5F22-4EE5-A6ED-0EC2A321C669

Oracle Reverse lights. These suckers are super bright!

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] EF2464A8-5F22-4EE5-A6ED-0EC2A321C669

Waterport Weekender 8 gal pressurized water tank. Had to modify it a bit to get it the way I wanted, but it works fantastic.

Not pictured: Armorlite floor replacement, Bestop Granite Rock Rails for the rear bumper, Acumen Rear View Mirror Dashcam.
Lockers and gears are coming in December. Here's a pic as she sits today!!

Where did you get the smoked fender markers?

Sponsored

obz

First Name
DCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Looks great. What products did you use? What is your process, if you don't mind explaining please.
Same. This is another one of those scary projects that seems to take forever and a lot of care. Seeing as most places want over a grand it’s a reasonable skill to learn.
I keep it relatively simple...
  1. I start with a regular 2 bucket wash. Clean it up real good.
  2. Next I do a clay bar to remove any contaminants. This is a new Jeep so I wasn't expecting much, but still got a few areas that were a little 'dirty'. I use my soap canon as lubricant and then run the clay bar over all the panels.
  3. Next up is a spotless rinse (I have a deionizer)
  4. Then dry.
  5. Tape off all black plastic/rubber areas so I don't get fling from the dual action polisher. Most of the polish/compound that I use will discolor it so I try to keep it away.
  6. On new cars, I like to do a pretty aggressive polish but not a compound. IMO not needed and don't want to remove too much clear on brand new paint. (I find 'pro's' almost always take a compound to new paint - stupid IMO since in my experience 99% of the time it's not needed)
  7. Follow the polish up with a ceramic prep solution (Wolfgang makes one called Perfekt Paint Prep) that strips all oils and waxes from the paint
  8. Ceramic is the final step. Nice even strokes on a 2X2 area and let flash then buff off with a good microfiber towel.
  9. Let sit for 24 hours and it's good to go!
I exclusively use Wolfgang Concourse products. Very good reputation and easy to use for the DIY'er. I have a pretty decent DA for polishing (Flex XC3401) and have about every pad under the sun. I ceramic coat all my cars on my own and have saved thousands of dollars by learning myself. Sure it takes time (I average ~8 hours all in - the Gladiator took about 12) but I know it's done right and I save a ton of money and it lasts years. It's not hard at all, just takes time.

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
Nice!

Probably the first person I have seen to properly use a toque angle gauge.
It was 111ftlbs and 90°. I only did 110 and a very loose 90. Still counts though.

TotallyReasonable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JT Willys
Added the 3/4” coil spacers to the rear. Was sitting too high in the front with the RC 2.5 spacers. Now it looks level. So easy. Found the dreaded RR axle seal leak. Cleaned it with Brakeclean and took out a bunch of that fiber fill that the vent had in it. Will check it going forward prior to a visit to the dealer.
Before 3/4” spacer

After
This looks great! I have the 2.5" RC kit in the front too, with the daystars for the rears on the shelf waiting for a nice day to get installed. Running the 32"s that come with the willys, wanting to go to 37s w/ regear soon. Have you had any problem with rubbing offroad with this setup?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
It was 111ftlbs and 90°. I only did 110 and a very loose 90. Still counts though.
I installed Teraflex arms on mine and their instructions list the factor torque spec plus degree angle but also listed an approximate ft-lb spec with the degree torque angle factored.

Still was a pain doing it on the ground .

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
I installed Teraflex arms on mine and their instructions list the factor torque spec plus degree angle but also listed an approximate ft-lb spec with the degree torque angle factored.

Still was a pain doing it on the ground .
Nothing is worse than the front lowers. On your back with no leverage trying to hit ~190
Sponsored