Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™d love to see a factory available 37ā€ tires with taller suspension, factory 5.13 axle gears, 5.7liter Hemi, factory winch, locker use in hi gear, and Artec belly armor. I know it wonā€™t happen but a boy can dream!! I Will do all this, except the Hemi, myself.
$350 can solve this issue, and lots of others...Tazer JL Mini. You can even lock the rear locker in 2wd... And disco the sway bar in 2wd, running up to like 20-30 MPH (not sure why you would need to at any speed other than dead-stopped, but...It is what it is).

No IFS

First Name
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Banned
Re : Rear window going down like bronco

The JT with E torque will have a battery where the rear window could now roll down. Maybe they planned ahead.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
The issue with a roll down window would be how do you integrate it with a soft top.
modular hardtop with current freedom panels, add freedom panels over back seats, modular panel for rear glass would be common to hard and soft top. You wouldnā€™t need a top hoist, the entire top would stack flat in the bed. Or on a shelf in your garage.

I like the idea, my heart is with you on that tiny window. My old J20 had a twin sliding unit that allowed you to open up nearly half the window and with wind wings it made not having AC bearable.
Mount the motor over the speaker console with cables running down the rollbar with a quick disconnect at the window to allow hard top removal.

how jeep would offer a weather tight enough way to mate the top to the glass. To me a luxury gladiator would have the roll back top and a hide-away back glass,
roll back top with drop glass would be a nice option. Remove the doors and you would be naked in 1/2 the time. 1/2 doors would go well with this!

Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Yeah, what I was guessing heā€™s referring to is the ability to have it on for more than a minute.
Thatā€™s only with the fob. If you want it on longer, use the manual switch and have it on as long as you want.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
Cold weather package should include heated LED headlights or a headlight spray wash to clear accumulating snow.

BD5C3A06-B211-4FB9-8F0D-4A61E527E5CC.jpeg

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
Thatā€™s only with the fob. If you want it on longer, use the manual switch and have it on as long as you want.
I know. And if you read his original post youā€™ll see what his issue was. I only was only commenting that a switch in the bed was a more reasonable request than some of the crazy shit people expect to be standard in this thread.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
$350 can solve this issue, and lots of others...Tazer JL Mini. You can even lock the rear locker in 2wd... And disco the sway bar in 2wd, running up to like 20-30 MPH (not sure why you would need to at any speed other than dead-stopped, but...It is what it is).
Yup. Just got my Tazer Mini. Install and light show video coming soon

B20F695B-88F6-4EF0-80EC-598F339C1F43.jpeg

85FED38B-4384-4ACE-AD9C-1455ABD24076.jpeg

Sponsored

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The main thing they should have offered from the factory was a 5.7 Hemi option for the Max Tow and Rubicon models...At minimum. Then offered a 6.4 Hemi option for a special model Rubicon.

The next thing they should have offered was a roll-down back window like a Ford Bronco, where the whole rear glass rolls down into the back wall of the cab, when you remove the top. Or, you can open up all 4 windows, pull the freedom panels off, and then drop the whole rear glass down, and have a really nice protected open-air cruise.

Also, the Rubicons should have been offered from the factory with 315/70r17 (or 35x12.50r17) Mud-Terrains as an option.
I would have liked the Rubicon model to get the Mojave shocks in addition to what Bama said.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
The MSRP on my loaded Sport S was $47K; it's an automotive crime to have these 17" spare tires as standard equipment on an almost 50-grand vehicle.

Yes, we all swap them out or put bigger tires on them, but OMG...

Jeep Gladiator What I wish my Gladiator had. before

And one other: the headlights should be LED as standard. Fogs and turn signals would be nice, but the standard halogen headlamps don't provide adequate light for driving at night.

I'm in the process of going all LED, but I shouldn't have to worry about my wife driving the Jeep at night as-is (which I would if she took it out).

ElDirector

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only thing I can think of that isn't already provided by the aftermarket is 2-piece metal doors with glass sliders in the uppers. Would have been killer from the factory, with factory mirrors and keyless entry / power locks.

Bestop has fabric 1/2 doors and uppers. Might eventually produce a JL/JT version of their plastic 2-piece doors for the JK.

STEELCITYDJ87

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTM White, 2021 JLR Black
Cold weather package should include heated LED headlights or a headlight spray wash to clear accumulating snow.

BD5C3A06-B211-4FB9-8F0D-4A61E527E5CC.jpeg
This is really needed for safety. Drove one time last year in wet snow and lost headlights three times over 45 mins could not see the road. Very dangerous. Got KC driving beams halogen so I have a set of lights that will not build up snow to remedy. Not ideal but safer than no headlights on a highway.

Reactions: Len

Moonshineheadache

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Great White Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey - I hate cans!
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't mind if the hood had a bumper on it if you want to flip it back and lean it against the windshield.

...and how about some decent door sill protectors for a vehicle meant to get dirty?
Sponsored