Sponsored

What I wish my Gladiator had.

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome-thanks for the guidance. Will give this a go. Will try the Tazer as well.
Yeah I moved it to the bottom bar as well. 1 button boom. Super useful when pulling into the garage, then flipping the rear camera button to make sure the tail clears the door.
Sponsored

BJames

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator - Launch Edition
Occupation
Sales
Yeah I moved it to the bottom bar as well. 1 button boom. Super useful when pulling into the garage, then flipping the rear camera button to make sure the tail clears the door.
Exactly.

Just moved it. That is awesome. Did not know the apps were customizable.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
And as far as people saying that some of the features would jack the price of the jeep up, some of them would not jack the price up if fca would stop the greed and cut out the “jeep” premium you pay.

A hemi would also be a nice option but its not needed. Heck the factory 3.6 makes more power in other vehicles. Im pretty sure it boast 305hp in the challenger right? Why detune it in the jeeps to 285?
The ONLY reason that FCA charges the "Jeep" premium is because they can and people will gladly pay it. As for detuning engines, they will be doing the same with the diesel. The Ram 1500 gets more HP and more torque than the JT will get from the diesel.

BreakFixRepeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The ONLY reason that FCA charges the "Jeep" premium is because they can and people will gladly pay it. As for detuning engines, they will be doing the same with the diesel. The Ram 1500 gets more HP and more torque than the JT will get from the diesel.

Like i said before i love my jeep and hope to have it for many many years to come. But i honestly hope the bronco comes out and really puts jeep to shame. I feel like jeep has been far to long with no competition. Let bronco come out with some of the nicer features for the same price and jeep will have no choice but to step up.

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I know at least 2 JL Rubicon owners that are going to buy the new Bronco when it comes out based on what they have read so far.

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
...Along with a laundry list of other features you can access.
Totally off-topic - sorry!

But ... is there a definitive list of all the things the Tazer can do? I have seen the general stuff on YT and they all seem to cover the same things. Can someone point me in the direction of all the 'abstract' stuff?

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
I’d be happy with bed lights I can actually turn on and leave on as I’m unloading the JT WITHOUT having to leave the door open or keep hitting unlock come on FCA epic fail!
I keep wondering if the wheel switch for the stupid cup holder lights could be used for the bed lights any body here with wiring knowledge have an answer ?
The bed light switch is on the dash head light switch next to the fog light switch.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude

Sponsored

BreakFixRepeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Totally off-topic - sorry!

But ... is there a definitive list of all the things the Tazer can do? I have seen the general stuff on YT and they all seem to cover the same things. Can someone point me in the direction of all the 'abstract' stuff?
All of the features are listed on the website here. And when you get one the instruction manual is a url they give you in the box with the tazer.

https://www.zautomotive.com/product/tazer-jl-mini/

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
All of the features are listed on the website here. And when you get one the instruction manual is a url they give you in the box with the tazer.

https://www.zautomotive.com/product/tazer-jl-mini/
I like the fact that you can buy the front Trail Cam from them for $149 at the same time you buy the Tazer. Compare that to the factory $595 option. Looks the same as factory and mounts in the same spot.

Last edited:

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I like the fact that you can buy the front Trail Cam from them for $149 at the same time you buy the Tazer. Compare that to the factory $595 option. Looks the same as factory and mounts in the same spot.
They sell a front camera that mounts in the same spot, but it is not the same as the factory option. The Tazer camera is only SD, and connects to the Cargo Camera input. It also requires adding pins to the factory connector, which can be damaged during the process.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
They sell a front camera that mounts in the same spot, but it is not the same as the factory option. The Tazer camera is only SD, and connects to the Cargo Camera input. It also requires adding pins to the factory connector, which can be damaged during the process.
Well that sucks, they don't really tell you the negatives, although since it's not being recorded and it's only on an 8.4" screen, the difference between 780 and 1080 probably doesn't amount to much, but the adding pins and potentially damaging connectors or worse does give me concern.

Thanks for the info!
Sponsored