Sponsored

What is an unpopular opinion you have in the Jeep community?

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Really because all TJ's and Yj's had body colored fenders and most had black flares
Isn't that the same as we have now on our JTs? Body color fenders and (for some of us) black flares. The fenders on TJs were body color metal on the part closer to the hood (I guess that's the actual fender?) and black on the outside (flare?), unless you had a Sahara, which got all body color, including the plastic flare.
Sponsored

endurojeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't that the same as we have now on our JTs? Body color fenders and (for some of us) black flares. The fenders on TJs were body color metal on the part closer to the hood (I guess that's the actual fender?) and black on the outside (flare?), unless you had a Sahara, which got all body color, including the plastic flare.
My point is there is still contrast on painted fender flares on the split rubicon two piece flares

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
My 3rd unpopular opinion. Speed limiters. I hate it when it goes off. It's not too bad in the JT. But It getting REAL noisy in the Nismo doing a buck 40. I wish she would just keep her mouth shut.

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Manufacturing
Custom colored bits like door hinges, angry grills, foot rest hinges, grill accent lights, neon accent lights to light up wheel wells or underbelly. Double points for equal amounts of tattoos so you can grab attention when you're not in your "rig".

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Really because all TJ's and Yj's had body colored fenders and most had black flares
My point is there is still contrast on painted fender flares on the split rubicon two piece flares
The fender flares extending from the body were always black. What changed is Jeep widened the hood and tapered the front end in a way that got rid of the flat that came out from the hood.

The JL/JT parts are still flares with the fenders being the metal part so that hasn't changed, they're just wider. The contrast you refer to is a little bit of black under the indicator and behind the fender but the line around the side is indistinguishable from the liner. It just makes body color flares look like shit to me.

Sponsored

endurojeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
The fender flares extending from the body were always black. What changed is Jeep widened the hood and tapered the front end in a way that got rid of the flat that came out from the hood.

The JL/JT parts are still flares with the fenders being the metal part so that hasn't changed, they're just wider. The contrast you refer to is a little bit of black under the indicator and behind the fender but the line around the side is indistinguishable from the liner. It just makes body color flares look like shit to me.
Gee thanks for clarifying I think I have been around long enough to know what I know and you are absolutely entitled to like what you like Good on you

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
Florida Jeeps mostly JL/JK some JT's, You bought a Jeep for the OPEN air lifestyle, roll down the windows, once in a while, take the T tops off once in a while, take the whole top off once in awhile, the people just drive around with it all closed up like a normal car!!!

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
The Supra actually just got a manual and many 911 trims have one, just not all. The supra ADDED a manual a few months ago.

All of these 911 trims are available with manual (I filtered it)
Screenshot_2022-07-13-15-34-40-96_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
Phew, that's good news. I can still like 911s. Though why the Targa is only available as a 4 is beyond me. A manual Targa 2S would be the coolest combo they could make.

As for Supras, Toyata.com still only offers ATs on supras. Is the manual coming to 2023MYs?

Sprinkler-Fitter

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Installed fire sprinklers (retired)
Florida Jeeps mostly JL/JK some JT's, You bought a Jeep for the OPEN air lifestyle, roll down the windows, once in a while, take the T tops off once in a while, take the whole top off once in awhile, the people just drive around with it all closed up like a normal car!!!
T tops?

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
This thread just shows how different we all are and there's nothing wrong with that. It makes the world go around, yeah bumpy at times but never less.
Everyone's option are correct and we should all embrace and love that were all unique.
Hell, if everyone was a carbon copy of myself, what a dismal place this would be!
Rock on everyone and you do you, it's your Jeep.
The thread is entertaining however.
Sponsored