Sponsored

What is everyone seeing? Below Invoice and rates?

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
Who did you buy from Mac Haik has been running some crazy pricing on overlands as well as few other dealers. Its driving me crazy cause I'm about 2 months from being in position to buy but fear all the crazy reductions will be gone
Tony Rizzo was the sales person- it took some back and forth. They had listed the price online as 36,825 off a 50k sticker (53k with their add ons.) They wouldn't budge on all the worthless crap they add for 3k, so i asked for more on my trade and we were able to work things out. From the original numbers I ended up with an effective price of 37875, with a sticker of 53k. The Kahu tracking thing is a joke (and scary if you take the time to read the EULA), and I am probably going to pull it out next week. The nitrogen tires are gone, as is the wheel locks that don't fit on the new rims, the only thing left off their package is the front window Tint, which is not even that great, as they put a non removable sticker on crooked under the tint (bugs the hell out of me.)
Sponsored

Reactions: BAT

Weston.cain

First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
I called on that one, since it has the exact options I want.

That price is only if you finance through them. I said I would pay that price now, with cash, and they said no.

Seems an odd choice since their website shows they have 28 Rubicon Gladiators on the lot. Must be planning to push a lot of fully equipped 2020s during this pandemic recession lol.
I had to do the same thing, I asked them how long I had to stay with them (FCA financing) before I can refi elsewhere and still get the incentives. They told me 6 months and after that you can do what you want. So if that truck is one you really like you might ask them the same question and if its 6 months, at the 6 months mark just pay it off.

EDIT* and just a FYI that dealer is the same dealer where I bought mine.

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Who did you buy from Mac Haik has been running some crazy pricing on overlands as well as few other dealers. Its driving me crazy cause I'm about 2 months from being in position to buy but fear all the crazy reductions will be gone
Yes Mac Haik there in Katy.

Slacks

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BW JTR, G8 GXP LS3
Vehicle Showcase
Just came home with my new JTR. The new deals on Sports and Overlands kicked in yesterday and there are some solid deals up to 5% below invoice.

But dealers in the Dallas area don't seem to be budging much on Rubicons where the latest incentives don't apply. Most are holding steady at about 1-3% below invoice and not even negotiating. I sent offers to more than 15 dealers to find 3 willing to deal with my FCA affiliate number. Several ignored it saying their current price already beat it, and only one would would keep talking to me and won my business in the end at about 8% below invoice. I'm happy with that.

I shouldn't be too surprised though, this particular dealer was still much busier than I expected. 20+ employees, steady flow of customers every 15-20 min. It was almost like business as usual. No one in masks, lots of walking around, looking busy. Maybe just keeping up appearances?

Slacks

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BW JTR, G8 GXP LS3
Vehicle Showcase
I had to do the same thing, I asked them how long I had to stay with them (FCA financing) before I can refi elsewhere and still get the incentives. They told me 6 months and after that you can do what you want. So if that truck is one you really like you might ask them the same question and if its 6 months, at the 6 months mark just pay it off.

For what it's worth, I asked the same thing, was told after 3 payments I could refi. I asked to see where it was written in the contract (my wife works for a captive lender for a major competitor and was dubious). In this case, sure enough there's nothing. It seems it's just so the dealer gets credit for the financing and gets the rebate back from FCA. So no legal obligation to wait.

Sponsored

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Just came home with my new JTR. The new deals on Sports and Overlands kicked in yesterday and there are some solid deals up to 5% below invoice.

But dealers in the Dallas area don't seem to be budging much on Rubicons where the latest incentives don't apply. Most are holding steady at about 1-3% below invoice and not even negotiating. I sent offers to more than 15 dealers to find 3 willing to deal with my FCA affiliate number. Several ignored it saying their current price already beat it, and only one would would keep talking to me and won my business in the end at about 8% below invoice. I'm happy with that.

I shouldn't be too surprised though, this particular dealer was still much busier than I expected. 20+ employees, steady flow of customers every 15-20 min. It was almost like business as usual. No one in masks, lots of walking around, looking busy. Maybe just keeping up appearances?
Which dealer in the Dallas area was it? I've been working with Mac Haik but they're only offering 6% below invoice. I don't need the truck until July (or maybe August if I can't get out of here until then) so I have time to wait for a custom order.

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase

my dealer did the same thing saying I had to keep FCA financing for 6 months but I took their extra money off and refinanced with my own bank a few weeks after buying and had no issues.

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
my dealer did the same thing saying I had to keep FCA financing for 6 months but I took their extra money off and refinanced with my own bank a few weeks after buying and had no issues.
They Told me three months of payments. This is good to know as I already had my loan approved by my Credit Union prior to contacting the dealer.

Tonellin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 LJ rubicon, 16 WK2
It's very rare to have a prepayment penalty especially from a large lender. They tell you to make a few months payments so they get credit for financing your deal. In my opinion, finance through them if you can get a few bucks off the price, then walk right out the door and go to a credit union or whatever and have them buy the loan.

Screw scumbag car dealerships

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
62' Willys Pick-Up 61'CJ5 07'JK
I didn't want to jinx my deal before I had my Gator North Edition in my driveway tonight. After many dalesman, dealerships, and some sleepless nights, I was able to get 12% under invoice in Michigan! Now my 2020 Jeep Truck can be parked next to his brother 1962 Jeep Truck!

IMG_20200420_174321701_HDR.jpg

Screenshot_20200420-223708~2.png

Sponsored

rezar1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I didn't want to jinx my deal before I had my Gator North Edition in my driveway tonight. After many dalesman, dealerships, and some sleepless nights, I was able to get 12% under invoice in Michigan! Now my 2020 Jeep Truck can be parked next to his brother 1962 Jeep Truck!

Jeep Gladiator What is everyone seeing? Below Invoice and rates? Screenshot_20200420-223708~2

Jeep Gladiator What is everyone seeing? Below Invoice and rates? Screenshot_20200420-223708~2
Does that mean you received about 17% off of MSRP?

1herm4

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I agree with the above post - Call all of your dealers around and even some out of your area.
My deal was about ~20.5% discount off MSRP including the $2000 incentive in Southern CA.
This is a buyers market. My biggest advice is to have patience and keep negotiating.
Which dealership?