Sponsored

What is the most important accessory for your Gladiator?

What is the most important accessory for your Gladiator?

• Tonneau Cover

Votes: 90 55.6%
  • Running Boards/Nerf Bars

Votes: 22 13.6%
  • Wheels

Votes: 35 21.6%
  • Lighting

Votes: 10 6.2%
  • Interior Protection (Seat Covers, Floor Liners, etc.)

Votes: 17 10.5%
  • Cargo Management

Votes: 23 14.2%
  • Performance (Air Intakes, Exhausts, Tuners, etc.)

Votes: 13 8.0%

• Total voters

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
  1. All weather floormats
  2. Tonneau Cover
  3. Side steps / sliders
All three of the these were required for me right after driving it off the lot. Mine came factory with side steps (Overland) otherwise I would have added those.

I was even willing to give the dealer accessory guy a shot, knowing full well he would try and screw me... Sure enough he “Required” a $150 install charge on the tonneau, and couldn’t price match otherwise “the tonneau wouldn’t be covered by the manufactures warranty if not professionally installed”. He also guaranteed me he wasn’t over priced on his weather tech floor mats, when the weather tech site MSRP was $50 lower with free shipping...
MOPAR parts have the MOPAR warranty of 2 years no matter who installs. I was told that once my brake controller was installed, that 2 years became whatever was left on my truck if that happened to be longer than 2 years. Not sure about that part, but you get 2 years regardless.
When I had trouble with the MOPAR trailer brake controller, they told me flat out they didn't care who installed it, if there was a problem, they'd fix it (turned out to be an issue with the 2019 built JTs)

My dealer PARTS GUY (went right to the parts counter) gave me a price on Weathertech mats for my WJ and the price he shot me was exactly what the WT web site said. He also said "no shipping charges". So the dealer parts guy matched buying them direct.
Sponsored

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
MOPAR parts have the MOPAR warranty of 2 years no matter who installs. I was told that once my brake controller was installed, that 2 years became whatever was left on my truck if that happened to be longer than 2 years. Not sure about that part, but you get 2 years regardless.
When I had trouble with the MOPAR trailer brake controller, they told me flat out they didn't care who installed it, if there was a problem, they'd fix it (turned out to be an issue with the 2019 built JTs)

My dealer PARTS GUY (went right to the parts counter) gave me a price on Weathertech mats for my WJ and the price he shot me was exactly what the WT web site said. He also said "no shipping charges". So the dealer parts guy matched buying them direct.
I called his bullshit on the warranty thing but he didn’t want to hear it, stereotypical sleazy sales tactic.

Its a typical high volume dealer, more concerned about if I wanted to roll the cost into the loan than getting me what I wanted for a fair price.

The JT was a good price though so I can’t complain too much.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
LOD Destroyer front bumper and winch. First two items for me

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Both on and off-road experience is improved with the Tazer. I would be way less happy with the truck without it.

As always we value your feedback, we would love to see what is the most important to you!

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I'm afraid if I added that accessory, I'd be hauling it to the dealer on my car hauler (pulling it with my wife's WK2 since it has a BETTER TOW RATING than my truck!)

Dartboy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Miata, 21 MaxTow
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
If my truck hadn't come with them, All-Weather floor mats would have been the first addition, either Weather tech or Husky. Next was a hard tonneau cover, I wanted some secure storage space to tuck away the freedom panels on the road.

Shopping now for a step/slider, trying to find the right balance between price, protection and step utility- wife says I can't get big tires until she has a way to climb in :)

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Soft doors
Extra skid plates/protection
Shorter gears
Sponsored