Sponsored

Where have you been all my life, Gladys?

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Sorry for the late reply. We’re in Alaska...

Good choice with the aluminum one. Now see if you can flip the axles (put the axles below the spring) and put matching tires to your Glad.. That’s what I did
Oh that's right, Alaska trip! Just started watching that Amazon show Alaskan Off-Road Warriors, lol,, I got a galvanized one, not aluminum. I'm a poser now. :lipssealed:
@steffen707 you made a good choice. Thats what I would have gone with. Never liked the stand up ramp when you didn't really need a ramp. The galvanize will hold up better.
Should be easy enough to roll around. Can always get one of the handled dollies with a ball hitch. They lever the tongue up and make it really easy to push or pull around.
I'm stoked about the ramp. 2 pins and comes straight off. Now I don't need to borrow my dad's trailer for longer than 8' stuff.
I've seen those hand-dollies with ball hitch before, but never used one. I'm going to look into one. Its light enough that I can lift it and walk it about 20-30ft on flat ground.

I'm use to having one of those wheeled jacks that swivel out of the way, but it was never able to get low enough for my john deere, ALSO the wheel was too small to use in grass. It would just make ruts with any amount of weight on the trailer.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I know why I have not played a video game in 4 years other than nintendo with the kids.
I have too many projects.

Crazy storm a year ago knocked down 17 trees, finally got them all cut up, split this weekend, stumps grounded the other month, new grass planted (a first for me).

Fixed my trailer, sold my trailer, bought a trailer in under 27 hours.

I've half finished the bed drawers for Gladys when I decided to throw another project into the mix.

I decided to refinance my house and do a cash out.

Behold my next obsession for a month or so until i've thought of everything a few hundred times......Too bad the builder I want to do it CAN'T, until next spring.

Jeep Gladiator Where have you been all my life, Gladys? 1592452259735

The 3rd stall will be half wood shop, half parking/lift bay.

Max width to side setback is 13'4-6". I'm making it 52' deep to be flush with the house in the rear. i'll be doing 12' walls with a 10'x11' door. Someday might have a tall boat, Class B RV, OR sell the home to somebody who does.

I installed a generic baseplate lift in my dad's apartment building garage about 13 years ago. I miss having a lift. But its going to be tight. Probably going with a Rotary SPOA10TRIO now that I have a real job. High ceilings will be nice for when I have a RTT or the off-chance I need to take the Alu-Cab off.

A few questions.
  1. Should I put a fan on the ceiling? I've never had ceilings this high. I'll have a 75,000btu modine sealed combustion heater and 2 room air purifiers for the wood shop. 1 is about 1000cfm and 1 is 400cfm(the one i already own).

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I've had a freebie ceiling fan running pretty much all the time in my shop for years. Part of the shop is high peaked ceiling in front of a open loft second floor.
No noise, minimum electric use. Constant circulation of air keeps temps even.
I wouldn't hesitate installing a few even. Helps with AC and heat too. On their own they help in comfort a lot I think.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had a freebie ceiling fan running pretty much all the time in my shop for years. Part of the shop is high peaked ceiling in front of a open loft second floor.
No noise, minimum electric use. Constant circulation of air keeps temps even.
I wouldn't hesitate installing a few even. Helps with AC and heat too. On their own they help in comfort a lot I think.
I was thinking of installing an AC unit. Had one in my last garage, but i'm debating if I should or not. Wisconsin doesn't get that warm. Maybe I need to pose that question in a wood working forum. There's probably a definate benefit to keeping humidity/temps constant when doing glue-ups and whatnot.

Luckily i have until spring to finalize a few of these odd ended details.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Build it bigger and badder than you think... Hey what about a trench under the lift, storage, walkable access if you don't feel like lifting, with a drain in case you feel like power washing undercarriage. Maybe that's in your drawing. I can't read those things. Oh yeah, and a big ass picture window. And a nice porch halfway up the outside. For the hottub! Watch out for snow ice build up depending on which way you point all of your doors and their entryways, and how the melt effects your driveway access, mud sucks! Definitely a fireplace. Yep. I built half a garage once. Ended up with sheds, for storing long woods.

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
I know why I have not played a video game in 4 years other than nintendo with the kids.
I have too many projects.

Crazy storm a year ago knocked down 17 trees, finally got them all cut up, split this weekend, stumps grounded the other month, new grass planted (a first for me).

Fixed my trailer, sold my trailer, bought a trailer in under 27 hours.

I've half finished the bed drawers for Gladys when I decided to throw another project into the mix.

I decided to refinance my house and do a cash out.

Behold my next obsession for a month or so until i've thought of everything a few hundred times......Too bad the builder I want to do it CAN'T, until next spring.

Jeep Gladiator Where have you been all my life, Gladys? 1592452259735

The 3rd stall will be half wood shop, half parking/lift bay.

Max width to side setback is 13'4-6". I'm making it 52' deep to be flush with the house in the rear. i'll be doing 12' walls with a 10'x11' door. Someday might have a tall boat, Class B RV, OR sell the home to somebody who does.

I installed a generic baseplate lift in my dad's apartment building garage about 13 years ago. I miss having a lift. But its going to be tight. Probably going with a Rotary SPOA10TRIO now that I have a real job. High ceilings will be nice for when I have a RTT or the off-chance I need to take the Alu-Cab off.

A few questions.
  1. Should I put a fan on the ceiling? I've never had ceilings this high. I'll have a 75,000btu modine sealed combustion heater and 2 room air purifiers for the wood shop. 1 is about 1000cfm and 1 is 400cfm(the one i already own).
Very cool. You might consider putting a big "exhaust" fan in the ceiling that will just move all the air out in a few minutes, that would help when it is hot, cooler air would enter by having the rollup door slightly opened or opened windows.

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
A brief update on the FREEDOM PANELS!

Holy balls does krylon fusion stink, granted I put six coats on cuz I should have gone matte black from the get go, but jeez.

I'd recommend painting in a garage, then after 30 minutes leave them out in the hot sun for like a week. It's been 60 hrs since painting and they're still giving off a bit of an odor in my jeep, not too bad, but I hope it goes away fully. I had them sitting in the garage under a 1500 watt infrared heater for 48 hours with a fan, still smell.

Had a good rain this morning, the panels and sound assassin strips do quiet things down a bit. Poked my head into the rear seats it's definitely louder back there. NEAT MY ALMOST $900 HEADLINERS ARE FUNCTIONAL, AND FASHIONABLE!

I think I'll need to be buried in this Jeep when I die. Beats sitting in a plywood box for eternity. :CWL:
Hello, any update on the smell?

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
How about an update on that AluCab? what you like, dislike, fit, finish, how well it keeps out dust, etc.
Sponsored