First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Lanch Addition
Occupation
CPA
I looked at lifts for weeks. Came down to 3. Metal cloak, rock krawler and Clayton. Called Clayton and the sales could not have been more helpful. Decided on 2 1/2 overland lift. Be here next week. The other companies are a minimum of six weeks out before they have parts. Heading to Idaho for a Jeep jamboree early July and needed the life quick. They even gave me a discount for being nice to them on the phone. It never hurts to ask.
Sponsored

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
I went clayton. they are awesome guys. You'll be happy i went 3.5 overland. Install is straight forward, just make sure you have an installer that is used to adjustable control arms. The instructions provided are good but the measurements are just starting points. You have to tweak. The same goes for other lifts with adjustable control arms

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I looked at lifts for weeks. Came down to 3. Metal cloak, rock krawler and Clayton. Called Clayton and the sales could not have been more helpful. Decided on 2 1/2 overland lift. Be here next week. The other companies are a minimum of six weeks out before they have parts. Heading to Idaho for a Jeep jamboree early July and needed the life quick. They even gave me a discount for being nice to them on the phone. It never hurts to ask.
They were awesome when I called them as well. Ordered the same lift too. No idea when its getting here though as I ordered it through a local shop. Whats the jeep jamboree in early july though. I am in Idaho & havent heard anything about it.

Manofsteal

First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
ER RN
This is the RC kit with the springs , shocks and adjustable track bar for $650. It soaks up bumps in the road a little better than stock and I can really feel the upgrade over the stock track bar.

IMG_20200617_103630.jpg

IMG_20200617_103654.jpg

IMG_20200617_104928.jpg
Looks like you got some decent lift out of it! Did you do a pre and post lift hight to see how much you actually gained? If I went with the RC I'd do the same lift. I'm going to be 98% pavement so this is why I am considering the RC and, at the price point you can't complain. I was also considering the BDS lift but it's only a 2in front spring and 4 shock leveling kit but I want more height and I really wish it was all 4 springs. I also looked the skyjacker coil and shock 2.5 lift but I've heard mixed reviews. So idk ‍♂

Romenator

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Lanch Addition
Occupation
CPA
This was released about a week ago. Since covid they have had to change all of the dates of the trips. I ordered mine directly from Clayton. Ordered yesterday and shipped today.

19th Silver Valley 2020Mullan/Wallace, IdahoJuly 16 - 18

Sponsored

Loosescrews

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
HR
I don't care how many people use them, I'd still stay away from Rough Country...Personal opinion.

This should get you the exact results you're looking for... It's slightly over your desired budget, but it's a complete kit that will put everything in the proper geometry...

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...2-5in-enforcer-overland-lift-kit-stage-1-plus

But if you had about $1,600 to spend, this kit would be what I would go with...

Same kit as above, but instead of geometry brackets (which uses your stock upper & lower control arms), it includes their $470 set of Enforcer HD adjustable lower control arms to correct the steering geometry, which would be the kit I would recommend for most people who plan on doing some real offroading.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...acturing-2-5in-enforcer-lift-kit-stage-2-plus
It is unfortunate that these do not come with shocks. I do not have a Rubicon so would have to order Fox shocks to accompany either of these.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This was released about a week ago. Since covid they have had to change all of the dates of the trips. I ordered mine directly from Clayton. Ordered yesterday and shipped today.

19th Silver Valley 2020Mullan/Wallace, IdahoJuly 16 - 18
Mine may already be in town, but I have a couple other goodies coming with it. Namely the synergy sector shaft brace. Going to have my motobilt skid plate system coming as well.

I knew of that Jamboree, but its still 8 hours from me so I probably wont make that. Was hoping it would be in southern idaho when you said that.

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
You can't beat the Mopar lift for the money. When I bought mine the only other option was RK which I couldn't afford. Mopar gets you a true spring lift with front LCA's and shocks. Paid $1200 for mine from a Jeep dealer selling them on ebay. If I could do it again now, I'd go Clayton but that's over $3k with shocks.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You can't beat the Mopar lift for the money. When I bought mine the only other option was RK which I couldn't afford. Mopar gets you a true spring lift with front LCA's and shocks. Paid $1200 for mine from a Jeep dealer selling them on ebay. If I could do it again now, I'd go Clayton but that's over $3k with shocks.
The buy in is definitly more.. But add the rest of the control arms & the track bars to the mopar & your just as expensive. Its jsut a amtter of all at once or piecing it together

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
The buy in is definitly more.. But add the rest of the control arms & the track bars to the mopar & your just as expensive. Its jsut a amtter of all at once or piecing it together
True, but you don't NEED those things with the Mopar lift. The other arms are only really needed for pinion angles at that height. Track bars aren't really needed either.

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
True, but you don't NEED those things with the Mopar lift. The other arms are only really needed for pinion angles at that height. Track bars aren't really needed either.
ehhhhh Nothing is actually "needed" just makes it better.

Deleted member 30519

Looks like you got some decent lift out of it! Did you do a pre and post lift hight to see how much you actually gained? If I went with the RC I'd do the same lift. I'm going to be 98% pavement so this is why I am considering the RC and, at the price point you can't complain. I was also considering the BDS lift but it's only a 2in front spring and 4 shock leveling kit but I want more height and I really wish it was all 4 springs. I also looked the skyjacker coil and shock 2.5 lift but I've heard mixed reviews. So idk ‍♂
Nah I didn't do a pre measurement but I am really suprised on how high it sits now. It's little higher than I expected since my true 35s are looking a bit small now.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
That’s why the EVO kits I listed are actually a better deal in the long-run. You might end up being $2K in the kit with 0-3” lift Fox IFP shocks, but at least everything is fully adjustable, and heavy duty.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That’s why the EVO kits I listed are actually a better deal in the long-run. You might end up being $2K in the kit with 0-3” lift Fox IFP shocks, but at least everything is fully adjustable, and heavy duty.
You mean just like Clayton & MetalCloak which are both cheaper?

I am not saying there is anything wrong with EVO, but part for part they are more expensive & I dont see anything anywhere where they are above Clayton or MC in anything other then that kick ass logo.

Edit: I have seen where the MC & Clayton Giiro bushings are preferred over EVO's though since the others are maintenance free.

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Looks like the EVO kit with the same components as the Clayton kit are more expensive
Sponsored