First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Mine doesn't honk and I don't want it. My Fusion did that, hated it, since I get out of my vehicle every day for about 20 seconds when I drop my kid off in the morning.

What that Fusion did have though, in the settings, I can't remember exactly how it was worded, but something about idle shut off. If that was checked, if you got out of the car with the fob and the vehicle running, it would shut down after 15 minutes. Not sure why Jeep doesn't have that.
Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
How many of you own the diesel and have left it running by accident? 3.6 quiet, diesel growler! I personally never have. Sport S Ecodiesel

the11thday

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave
Occupation
Person of Interest
I've done it twice, just did it again this week! Glad to see I'm not the only one lol. I don't have this issue with the Challenger...

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Got a point there, if the ACC setting turns off automatically, the engine should shut off after a period of non-movement as well. At least make it a user programmable setting.

Sponsored

auxSwitch

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubi, FZ6
Possible future Tazer modification??
We have this thread, where many with 2020s and 2021s wish they had this function, and then another thread where 2022s are wishing they didn't. Ha! Too bad it's not something that can be enabled/disabled at will.

My old car honked if you got out with the fob. I'm glad the gladiator doesn't. This time of year, I'll leave it running and locked, with the keyfob in my pocket, while I drop my daughter off for daycare.
So, Tazer must be receiving messages "can you guys do something about honking" from '22 owners, and "I want that honking that '22s have" from '20/'21 owners. I'm waiting for their customer service to go "why don't y'all just swap?" On a more serious note - that type of feedback implies it should be a configurable setting from Jeep.

I'm actually surprised to hear jeep didn't shut off after a while - with the amount of electronics these days i'd expect it to have some sort of long time shut off if seats aren't occupied, or something to that effect. The remote start only runs for 15 mins

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
Maybe you have many favorites on your radio.
I need to get ride of that. I thought I was programming the station as a preset not telling the stereo to chime whenever a certain song comes on can I add that to the stupid list of things Jeeps can do?

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
So, Tazer must be receiving messages "can you guys do something about honking" from '22 owners, and "I want that honking that '22s have" from '20/'21 owners. I'm waiting for their customer service to go "why don't y'all just swap?" On a more serious note - that type of feedback implies it should be a configurable setting from Jeep.
I don't want that.

I need to get ride of that. I thought I was programming the station as a preset not telling the stereo to chime whenever a certain song comes on can I add that to the stupid list of things Jeeps can do?
You can change the alert settings in UConnect.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
How many of you own the diesel and have left it running by accident? 3.6 quiet, diesel growler! I personally never have. Sport S Ecodiesel
even a deaf person could feel the vibrations at idle

i for one would like the ability to leave it running when the dog is inside, lock the door and know that it can’t be driven until unlocked with the remote (not stolen, not bumped into gear through some series of unfortunate events)

or if I just cranked it and need to stop quickly so as to not be cold starting it again

Padre

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Pastor
I noticed that too. That is why one of my first mods was the exhaust. I love it so much better now. Because now I can actually hear it over the music. And I have a standard and I don't want to be having to watch the RPM's the whole time to know when to shift. I would rather be able to hear it. So the new exhaust is much better.

Sponsored

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Mine doesn't honk and I don't want it. My Fusion did that, hated it, since I get out of my vehicle every day for about 20 seconds when I drop my kid off in the morning.

What that Fusion did have though, in the settings, I can't remember exactly how it was worded, but something about idle shut off. If that was checked, if you got out of the car with the fob and the vehicle running, it would shut down after 15 minutes. Not sure why Jeep doesn't have that.
Owners manual says after 30 min the engine will shut off; might just be in AutoPark situations, not sure. Remote start will only run for 15 minutes.

CrazyIvan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, BMW R1100RT, Ducati 900SS SP
Occupation
Retired
About an 1/8th of a tank.
Living in the upper Midwest I do me best to be prepared for nasty winter weather with the possibility of being being stranded by road closer if not getting stuck in a blizzard. I was just wondering the other day how long my fuel supply might hold out. Thanks for doing my research for me!

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
Your not the only stupid one...went to dinner to eat and while 2 beers in the waitress informs me that I left my lights on...was actually still running for maybe 1/2 hr.
But yet we can’t backup or drive with the door open lmao

Shelly

First Name
Shelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
I have been impressed by how quiet the 3.6 is at idle. Not anymore....

1900hrs last night I parked in my basement, unpacked what little shopping I had, locked the JTR and left. 0530hrs this morning I went down to the jeep to go to work and to my surprise the headlights were on...so was the engine. I had left the thing on idle for the best part of 10 hrs!

So Jeep....it's obviously your fault, in this day and age, that the engine wasn't rough or noisy enough for me to notice I'd been a complete Twunt and left it running (the basement does have extractor fans whirring).

joking aside, it didn't bing at me as I got out and without the key, I'm surprised it didn't shut itself down after a period of time.

Anyway, no harm done, car warm when I got in and I'll be sure to double check from now on!
I've do e this at the gym. I came out and it had been running for 2 hours.

wry_whiskey

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland Gladiator
Like some others, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has done this...
Sponsored