First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Not yet, but they did say, "we expect the EcoDiesel to manage around 30 mpg on the highway."

IF that holds true, the diesel gladiator could see 28 highway and unlike the 3.6 that might actually be the number when driving. That would translate to ~ 25 on 37s
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
I wasn't exactly sure what topic to place this information or ask the question, but here goes.

This is from Jalopnik article on 11/12/19 discussing the diesel and the Wrangler. https://jalopnik.com/americas-first-ever-diesel-jeep-wrangler-is-the-torquey-1839766068
He states that the ecodiesel gets 3.73 gearing across all trims.
Is that true? If so, will that be the case with the Gladiator?

"Speaking of differentials, all JL diesels regardless of trim receive the 220 mm rear axle ring gear and the 210 mm front ring gear normally reserved for Rubicon trims on gas variants. Non-Rubicon gas Wranglers have a 186 mm ring gear up front and 200 mm ring gear out back. (Plus, gas Wranglers are offered with various axle ratios, while the EcoDiesel gets 3.73 gearing across all trims)."

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
He states that the ecodiesel gets 3.73 gearing across all trims.
Is that true? If so, will that be the case with the Gladiator?
Based on the info we have now, yes to both of those. It has been pointed out that 4.10 gearing is not really needed with all of the low end torque the that the diesel has. At first I was pretty bummed about no 4.10s on the JTDR, but then I told my self that the engineers that designed this thing probably know what they are doing. I'm all good with it now. lol

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Based on the info we have now, yes to both of those. It has been pointed out that 4.10 gearing is not really needed with all of the low end torque the that the diesel has. At first I was pretty bummed about no 4.10s on the JTDR, but then I told my self that the engineers that designed this thing probably know what they are doing. I'm all good with it now. lol
Interesting....makes sense I guess. Should make it a quieter ride at higher speeds as well as save a little bit on fuel.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I would think so as well.
This is the case with most, if not all, diesel trucks vs. their gas counterparts. For instance my 6.7 Powerstroke diesel has a 3.30 rear end. And that’s with the tow package.
It’s a stump puller when it needs to be.

Sponsored

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So.... when are we going to start getting real-world reviews about this engine in the Wrangler and the RAM?
I haven't found anything online as of yet.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
So.... when are we going to start getting real-world reviews about this engine in the Wrangler and the RAM?
TFL has a new Video with a diesel Wrangler in it, basically they show they have one & say towing & mileage videos coming soon.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
There are dozens of people who have the new 2020 Ram Ecodiesel. Go to the www.ram1500diesel.com and check it out!
Sponsored