Wrangler EcoDiesel debuts Sept 26!

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Does anyone know the size of fuel tank the 2020 Gladiator Ecodiesel will have?
I know exactly what size it will be:

"NOT BIG ENOUGH" :LOL:
We'll be LUCKY if it's the same capacity as current gas JT's, unfortunately.
Sponsored

bruno747

First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK 2 Door Rubicon Recon

I'm sure titan tanks will resolve that issue for a nice fee just like on the earlier ecodiesel rams. 39 gallons on those.

Or in the case of the 3/4 ton, 55 gallon.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase

It might be big enough. In the vid he says that the JT-D is going to have the longest range of any Wrangler. The 2.0T gets 24 highway (they were using highway numbers in the vid) and has a 21.5 gallon tank, for a total range of 516 miles. For the JT-D to have the longest range with a 18.3 gallon tank, it would have to get at least 28 mpg on the highway. Those numbers should translate to about 27mpg for the JT-D with a 22 gallon tank, for a total range of 594 miles.

I'm not sure I'm buying into those MPG numbers but if they are accurate, I'd be just fine with nearly 600 miles on a tank.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We routinely get 700 mi range w/ our GC Eco :clap:
My old Super Duty holds 42 gal + 100 gal tank in the bed, course it doesn’t get nearly the mpg but she’s got Range...

Last edited:

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
We routinely get 700 mi range w/ our GC Eco :clap:
My old Super Duty holds 42 gal + 100 gal tank in the bed, course it doesn’t get nearly the mpg but she’s got Range...
GC EcoD is awesome...... I also can't believe how fast I pull away from peeps at stoplights too. So much torque

Sponsored

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
3.0L is on the Wrangler build tool site now :like:
There's so much winning! Which one do I buy first? Do I want a Ram Ecodiesel, or a Wrangler Ecodiesel, or a Gladiator Ecodiesel?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet!

Still waiting for the JT. Might take a year to save $$$.
It’s to our advantage that the Ram & Wranglers will have the Ecodiesel in them so they can put real-world test miles on them for a few months.

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
It’s to our advantage that the Ram & Wranglers will have the Ecodiesel in them so they can put real-world test miles on them for a few months.
Exactly; I'm probably pulling the trigger on the JT purchase next year, so it will be nice to see some real-world experience before I decide gas or diesel. Right now I'm leaning diesel, but having a manual transmission is appealing as well, so that means gas engine. It's nice to have time and gawk on others' builds in the interim before I buy. :)

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I agree. It's also a good sign that FCA appears to be confident in the new gen. III engine. I don't think they would be putting the ecodiesel in so many applications if they had doubts about reliability and sales profits. I read that the gen. III ecodiesel is being planned for the 2022 Grand Wagoneer, too.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I've talked a lot about the cons of the diesel engine, and it's all true. But I do acknowledge the pros to the diesel also. Driving characteristics on the diesel are totally different. It's actually kind of addictive, being able to accelerate without a downshift. The torque output is nice, and FCA isn't going to give us a V8. So I will be watching the first couple of years to see how this engine fares in the real world. We need some guys to rack up hard miles on them so we can see if the failures will start to occur again, or if this gen 3 version will actually hold up.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have the TFL guys done a mileage report video yet? seems they do one just before EPA numbers are released ...

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Have the TFL guys done a mileage report video yet? seems they do one just before EPA numbers are released ...
Not yet, but they did say, "we expect the EcoDiesel to manage around 30 mpg on the highway."
Sponsored