Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks man. I am pretty torn about this. The dealership reached to me and they are going to try to suggest to get me in to a new Gladiator without having to resource to Lemon Law or arbitration. We'll see what happens
We're all pulling for you. Good luck and hope this gets resolved soon.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
90% of people happy.

Best news I've seen all week!

Really feels good to know people are cool with their jeep trucks!
Yep, I think the JT's are here to stay. I know my JTR is going to be a permanent part of my vehicle collection. Even if I end up getting another muscle car to daily drive in the future, I'm sure I'll always keep the JTR, just like I'll always keep my Cummins.

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
Purchased 9/30 for a daily driver. Sport S with 6 speed manual. 12k miles. No miss fires.

Deleted member 30519

Purchased 9/30 for a daily driver. Sport S with 6 speed manual. 12k miles. No miss fires.
How do you like the gearing? I have a hard time on my commute with some low mph back windy roads because I wanna stay in 3rd but my rpms drop to 1500rpm temporary until I can accelerate again. If I drop it to 2nd in that same situation the RPMs climb way high and I feel like I'm over reving it. I guess I'm not lugging it unless I'm below 1500 rpm but it's awful close.

P.Lo

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Purchased in October 2019, 8500 miles. Zero Issues to date!
Wait............that's not true.
My Jeep truck is haunting me in my dreams trying to get new wheels, bigger tires, custom graphics, cool looking shocks and stabilizers, more Jeep paraphernalia, etc, etc, etc.
It's mental torture that I was not warned about or ready for!!!!

Sponsored

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
JTR, 23,000 miles no misfire issues...I have a Pulsar tuner on mine and it gives me another code but it always clears with my code reader...recall for manual transmission issue and still waiting on those parts.

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S; 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Occupation
Retired
Let's see: bought it about a month ago and have 800 or so miles on it now. The only issue I've had is every time I see something that I want to buy for it my wife says "Get me one for my Wrangler too!"

Being a 2-Jeep family can get expensive!

rolape2

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 XLT FX4 (wifes); 2020 Jeep Gator Gladiator, Sport S, Max tow; 1988 Suzuki Samurai; 1994 BMW 325i Cabrio; 2004 Coachman Aurora Motorhome.
Got mine 29 Nov. Special ordered built Mid November. 12000 miles. Seems to need a few minutes to "Wake up" in the morning, seems slow to respond, but then no issues. Except my wife keeps wanting to use it.

We might want to check on the "build" date for the ones having issues. It could be a bad run of ECMs or the like. If we find the ones with the issue all built around the period it could be telling.

MGladiator83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Zero issues with the motor. I did have issues with death wobble after lift and 37” tires. Resolved with new Steersmarts setup. Purchased 7/26/2019 currently at 15k miles

JTpoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Tyrant
Ordered mine March 1, 2020 and took delivery of it on March 30, 2020, so build date would be 03/2020. Pretty simple build....JT Sport, Hard Top, Max Tow and Auto Trans. Only 1800 miles on it so far but nothing to report.

Sometimes I think modern vehicles are more prone to software bugs than mechanical bugs. My 95 YJ was a blessing to work on. Even both my kids 03 Liberty and 04 Grand Cherokee have been super easy to work on. This JT, I'm afraid to even open the hood to look at it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mr_bots

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Bought in December 2019, currently have ~4500 miles. The powertrain has been fantastic. Steering is loose but it doesn't bother me enough to deal with the dealership until there's a fix. Also, the Bluetooth speaker won't connect without factory resetting it each time but will wait for something else to be needed before going in just for that. The dealerships here are awful...

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
500 miles on mine and with a cold start vibrates like crazy and check engine light blinks. It's at the dealership. Love that Gladiator so much and I sure hope they find out what is going on. They said something about a star ticket and the engineers are looking and working on this problem. It's everywhere. Super disappointed and hope to get it back soon.
Hi Vickie,
We sincerely regret that you have experienced this. If you need any assistance while working with your dealer, please feel free to send our team a private message.
Alex
Jeep Cares

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
So, quick question...how many Gladiators are out there that have not had any issues with engine misfiring?

There are a ton of people on here that have the issue, nearly zero that have been able to get it fixed and many that ended up in the buy-back/lemon law process. Hell, there's even one that Lemon Law'd due to misfire...got a new one and is having the same issue.

I had read about it, figured "there's a ton out there that perfectly fine, it's just a vocal couple with the issue" Then my parents purchased a Gladiator....sure enough...engine misfire...same process I read about...and ended up Lemon Law.

With this thread I'm just trying to convince myself to give it another shot. For them...and the Gladiator I ordered and am waiting on.
No problems here, after 23K miles. Sorry you’re dealing with that.

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
So, quick question...how many Gladiators are out there that have not had any issues with engine misfiring?

There are a ton of people on here that have the issue, nearly zero that have been able to get it fixed and many that ended up in the buy-back/lemon law process. Hell, there's even one that Lemon Law'd due to misfire...got a new one and is having the same issue.

I had read about it, figured "there's a ton out there that perfectly fine, it's just a vocal couple with the issue" Then my parents purchased a Gladiator....sure enough...engine misfire...same process I read about...and ended up Lemon Law.

With this thread I'm just trying to convince myself to give it another shot. For them...and the Gladiator I ordered and am waiting on.
Zero issue, love mine. Makes me smile every time I look at it. Purchased 9-1-19, almost 11,000 miles.
Sponsored