2020 Jeep Gladiator Specifications Sheet & Feature Availability

MojitoWrangler

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Z28 R/S
I thought so too, but as it turns out the 2-door and 4-door tops are priced the same, so I'd expect the JT tops will follow that pattern. Maybe they'll be a bit less since it's got two fewer windows.
That would be a “dick move” by FCA if the hard top on the Gladiator costs the same as the Wrangler especially considering it’s smaller, two less windows, has a fixed rear glass versus hinged, no rear wiper or washer fluid system, and will be much easier to manufacture! I am excited that the hard top will be way lighter and should be rather easily removed by myself without a hoist, plus will take up way less space when stored :)
Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
That would be a “dick move” by FCA if the hard top on the Gladiator costs the same as the Wrangler especially considering it’s smaller, two less windows, has a fixed rear glass versus hinged, no rear wiper or washer fluid system, and will be much easier to manufacture! I am excited that the hard top will be way lighter and should be rather easily removed by myself without a hoist, plus will take up way less space when stored :)
Not sure if there will be any savings as far as the top goes. I hope so. I would love to get a colored matched top for the price I believe I'll be paying for a black one. Only time will tell. I just hope pricing is out before the ordering banks open up so I have time to put my build together.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Is everyone really planning on hauling runs of plywood or is all the ways to fit plywood for ease of visualization?
i really only need to haul plywood a few times a year. This is just a nice option.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Don’t forget that the hard top is an upgrade over the soft top. Although the JT hard top has less material than the JL, the JT soft top likewise has less material (and less initial cost) than the JL. Any potential cost savings is likely to be minimal, if any at all.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
i looked up the falken wildpeak rubicon tires vs the bridgestone Overland Tires. The wildpeaks were about $40 per tire more, but i was amazed they were rated for 55,000 miles, and the bridgestones were 60,000.

Am i correct on this? I figured the rubicon tires would be like 25,000 tires, lol.

Are the AT rubicon tires 18's or 17's?

i think one spot of the spec sheet on page 1 says 18, and another 17 for both manual and automatic.

Sponsored

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
i looked up the falken wildpeak rubicon tires vs the bridgestone Overland Tires. The wildpeaks were about $40 per tire more, but i was amazed they were rated for 55,000 miles, and the bridgestones were 60,000.

Am i correct on this? I figured the rubicon tires would be like 25,000 tires, lol.

Are the AT rubicon tires 18's or 17's?

i think one spot of the spec sheet on page 1 says 18, and another 17 for both manual and automatic.

Overland is 18s, everything else are 17s as far as I know.

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
all that talk about fitting plywood in the back & molded notches etc made me notice a much more useful feature of the tailgate its got 2 round flat notches for putting cold beer on when the gate is down

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
all that talk about fitting plywood in the back & molded notches etc made me notice a much more useful feature of the tailgate its got 2 round flat notches for putting cold beer on when the gate is down
Holy cow, that looks like itll hold my beer with a coozie on it, while i'm thinking about what plywood i need to buy. CDX, ABX, treated, malamine, A1 Sanded maple......with that many options i'll need both beer holders just for myself.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
But what about a nice autumnal mead?

Sponsored

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
Wish the bed was longer but hopefully at some point in the future,,,,