Second thoughts

IDjeep

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangle JK Sport
anyone else starting to second guess their plans to purchase a gladiator? When it was initially revealed I was all in. But all this time waiting to open the order banks and provide pricing has kinda given time to get away and think that really this is an impulse buy.

Right now we don’t need a new vehicle, I just want one. Realizing that may delay our purchasing for a few years and invest in other priorities. I wonder if anyone else is in the same boat and if Jeep’s poor planning will lead others away from impulse buying a Gladiator.
Sponsored

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
anyone else starting to second guess their plans to purchase a gladiator? When it was initially revealed I was all in. But all this time waiting to open the order banks and provide pricing has kinda given time to get away and think that really this is an impulse buy.

Right now we don’t need a new vehicle, I just want one. Realizing that may delay our purchasing for a few years and invest in other priorities. I wonder if anyone else is in the same boat and if Jeep’s poor planning will lead others away from impulse buying a Gladiator.
It hasn’t made me second guess it, and I’m pretty sure I’ll be getting one, but not at any cost; and it will also be heavily dependent on the test ride, quality of build, etc.

If what I see when I actually, physically inspect one doesn’t live up to the expectations I have, I’ll move on to something else.

I’m sure there are many on this very site that are of the mind that they have to have one come hell or high water. I’m not one of those.

They’re going to have to earn my money through value and quality. If in my opinion either of those two aren’t there, I’ll leave it on the lot for one of the fanboys to buy....

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I am all in. Already sold my JKUR in anticipation. Albeit, a Harry price tag could impede this plan.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link

I've been waiting since the first prototype since 2005.

Sick of waiting in 2006, I satisfied myself, bought a Comanche pickup. 10 years. Loved every moment.

Sick of this BS and the price nonsense, I am now going to buy a 1964-1969 Gladiator (I like that grille).

I will own a 2020 ish JT. When I think price is right, not according to any timeline of Jeep.

Professor57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2020 Gator Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I’m all in too. The only question is when. I have both the curse and blessing of having the patience of an oyster (maybe that’s why I fly fish). I’ve been making car payments to my savings account for 8 months now, and I have no problem continuing that until the right price, the right JT, and the right time intersect.

Sponsored

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
I’ve been looking at used supercab raptors haha. Should be about the same price. Still interested, but not gonna pay more than a raptor.

nerdridesbikes

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Colorado
I want a Jeep, but need to tow 5k lbs. So I am sold on the JT. If I get there and I don't like the looks in person, or the way it drives, or the final price point, I will settle for a JL and add a hitch to my wife's GC to tow the camper. my ideal vehicle would be the Jeep Africa concept if it could tow at least 6k.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I’ve been looking at used supercab raptors haha. Should be about the same price. Still interested, but not gonna pay more than a raptor.
but you're comparing a used truck to a new one, i'm sure you realized this.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Yes, and I should have elaborated further. A new base supercab raptor is 53k.
serious? Jeep better be mindful with this pricing, or I might do something else. I really want a convertible truck but.....how bad?

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Rumor on pricing here -

$3,500 price premium over JLU - So, at invoice, $2.5k over a JLU. If the rumor is true, and order a JT Rubicon from Kent at Petersons Stampede in Nampa, ID., I’m anticipating an identically configuration as my JLR, which I bought for $41,500, (MSRP $49,210) + auto trans, active cruise control, bedliner, trailer brake and painted hardtop to MSRP est. $58k and est. sale price $48k.

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
serious? Jeep better be mindful with this pricing, or I might do something else. I really want a convertible truck but.....how bad?
Yea the base raptor is no frills, but your getting some serious HP and full-size. Awesome trucks

Joe333x

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 6sp
Rumor on pricing here -

$3,500 price premium over JLU - So, at invoice, $2.5k over a JLU. If the rumor is true, and order a JT Rubicon from Kent at Petersons Stampede in Nampa, ID., I’m anticipating an identically configuration as my JLR, which I bought for $41,500, (MSRP $49,210) + auto trans, active cruise control, bedliner, trailer brake and painted hardtop to MSRP est. $58k and est. sale price $48k.
i hope hes right on pricing, a sport s around 35 i believe is reasonable.

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
I've considered going to a JL on a short lease and waiting, because of the slow process Jeep has taken. I bought a new ram 1500 a few years ago because I needed Towing and a bed .so far I've towed like 3 times in 2 years, bed comes in handy for hauling hay, but I miss my Jeep. Had 3 before making the switch .

Figure with the JL, I can tow a utility trailer for the hay, and either buy a lighter horse trailer, or borrow a truck for the few times I actually tow my horse around. If order banks open soon, I'd still go JT, but the itch to get a JL in the mean time is strong, especially with a nicely optioned diesel one sitting at my local dealer.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I've considered going to a JL on a short lease and waiting, because of the slow process Jeep has taken. I bought a new ram 1500 a few years ago because I needed Towing and a bed .so far I've towed like 3 times in 2 years, bed comes in handy for hauling hay, but I miss my Jeep. Had 3 before making the switch .

Figure with the JL, I can tow a utility trailer for the hay, and either buy a lighter horse trailer, or borrow a truck for the few times I actually tow my horse around. If order banks open soon, I'd still go JT, but the itch to get a JL in the mean time is strong, especially with a nicely optioned diesel one sitting at my local dealer.
Gotta throw a flag. Your dealer doesn’t have a diesel JL.

upload_2019-2-11_6-23-4.jpeg
Sponsored