Sponsored

Is Led headlamp and taillamp standard on the Overland?

Chef H

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLK, VW Beetle
Is Led headlamp and taillamp standard on the Overland?
Sponsored

J Redding

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 2020 Billet Silver Gladiator Overland
Occupation
CNC Machinist
Does anyone no if you do not choose the LED light Package, if you will be able to switch to LED lights later on? Are the light housings the same and be able to accept either bulbs??

Sponsored

BuiltRight

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Does anyone no if you do not choose the LED light Package, if you will be able to switch to LED lights later on? Are the light housings the same and be able to accept either bulbs??
I believe you swap the entire housing, but that upfitting from standard lights to the LED lights is a relatively simple plug and play.

Matt

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I believe you swap the entire housing, but that upfitting from standard lights to the LED lights is a relatively simple plug and play.

Matt
This is correct. You can do it either way, though many guys choose just to buy quality LED bulbs and replace the halogen bulbs. It's FAR less expensive that way, and many times you get more brightness and a better beam pattern. I've been extremely happy with my Supernova V.4 fogs and my LED headlight bulbs. There are many vendors such as Headlight Revolution that sell bulb upgrades for tails, turns, interior lights, etc. also.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
This is correct. You can do it either way, though many guys choose just to buy quality LED bulbs and replace the halogen bulbs. It's FAR less expensive that way, and many times you get more brightness and a better beam pattern. I've been extremely happy with my Supernova V.4 fogs and my LED headlight bulbs. There are many vendors such as Headlight Revolution that sell bulb upgrades for tails, turns, interior lights, etc. also.
BUT, as you indicated in another similar thread, you had to "TAZER" (more money spent) that set up in order to get it to work properly . . . correct ?
Been Pondering this, along with other Differences, between (your) Sport S & Overland model . Beginning to think I can "justify" the ~ additional 2.5K - 3K more given I'd HAVE the 8.4" / the "cheesy" but Very Functional Step Rail / Optional Leather IF wanted? / Optional LED's all around (yes) . . . and a thing or 2 more (?) not even on or offered on the "S" . And still be under the 50K # . Of course ALL that could change . . . and I could shock everyone here, including myself, and say, "F it" and get a Rubicon JT and just go "Do Things" - because I would be Equipped to - that I never would of previously, and beyond what I'd feel safe doing in a Sport S with out any "up grades" ! . . . ? ? ?

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
BUT, as you indicated in another similar thread, you had to "TAZER" (more money spent) that set up in order to get it to work properly . . . correct ?
If you are going to lift and add oversized tires, you are going to have to recalibrate your speedometer anyways. The TAZER accomplishes this and more. So, really not an extra expense if you are going that route anyways.

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
I just priced out a complete list of LED bulb replacements for our Jeeps at Headlight Revolution totaling $525.
- Supernova V4 headlights and foglights
- LED Tailights
- LED fender lights

OEM LED package on a Rubicon/Overland cost $887 invoice. 5% below invoice equates to $841.

Difference of $316.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
My Overland has the factory LED lights on it. I just did a 800 mile trip of mostly night driving. They are worth the money. You can go cheaper and retrofit, but what is your time worth? Also, definitely order the Adaptive Cruise Control, if you do any long trips.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Does g the factory LED package mean the interior lights are also LED ?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JKU

Matt
Not completely simple. To get the halos to work you need to run a wire to the BCM and also will need a dealer to flash the BCM or use a tazer to program them.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a 2dr JL and took it back the next week and bought the gladiator. The first didn't have LED and I looked at the options to upgrade. 800+ is absolutely worth it. The interior, the fenders, the tail lights, fog lights, and headlights are all LED. They are very bright and the problem with adding LED bulbs to a halogen housing is you blind people.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I bought a 2dr JL and took it back the next week and bought the gladiator. The first didn't have LED and I looked at the options to upgrade. 800+ is absolutely worth it. The interior, the fenders, the tail lights, fog lights, and headlights are all LED. They are very bright and the problem with adding LED bulbs to a halogen housing is you blind people.
The interior, license plate, and a few other lights are LED on ALL JL and JT models. So all you really got is tails and headlight/foglight upgrades. You still think nearly $1,000 is worth it?

And the bit about adding LED bulbs to halogen housings blinding people is 100% myth, and it's been well documented on this forum for a year now.

But, it's good that you're happy.
Sponsored