Factory trail camera install?

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon
I've searched the forum for answers, but am coming up empty. I found the trail cam and mounting hardware on mopar discount parts, but am having trouble finding out if it can be installed on a Rubicon with LED lights and the 8.4 screen.
Sponsored

Bremen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Sting Gray, 2017 VW Golf Alltrack
I've searched the forum for answers, but am coming up empty. I found the trail cam and mounting hardware on mopar discount parts, but am having trouble finding out if it can be installed on a Rubicon with LED lights and the 8.4 screen.
I have a JTR with the LED light and 8.4 screen options that came with the trail cam installed from the factory. I ordered in August and at the time the only way to get a trail cam was it you also ordered the 8.4 screen.

OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a JTR with the LED light and 8.4 screen options that came with the trail cam installed from the factory. I ordered in August and at the time the only way to get a trail cam was it you also ordered the 8.4 screen.
Thanks. Looking at one with everything but the trail cam. Found the camera online. Was hoping to be able to add it.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
keep us posted on this . . .

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The mounting bracket is also available for about $10. The problem is getting it wired into the system, and getting it programmed to recognize the camera. I'm hoping that Mopar will eventually release a kit that allows it to be installed as an add-on item.
I agree.

scuuuud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Abarth, 2017 WRX, 2009 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
I added everything to my cart about to pull the trigger. Before I do so I will have a call with my dealer tomorrow to be sure I can install the trail cam. They had told me $600 in parts, $300 for a programmer and $100 for labor. My JT is a rubicon with LED package. I’ll check to see about a harness. If Jeep doesn’t give me answers I’ll call quadratech and see if they have instructions for their kit. If I do install I’ll keep y’all posted. I really want this and $200 in parts is much cheaper than $1000

OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I added everything to my cart about to pull the trigger. Before I do so I will have a call with my dealer tomorrow to be sure I can install the trail cam. They had told me $600 in parts, $300 for a programmer and $100 for labor. My JT is a rubicon with LED package. I’ll check to see about a harness. If Jeep doesn’t give me answers I’ll call quadratech and see if they have instructions for their kit. If I do install I’ll keep y’all posted. I really want this and $200 in parts is much cheaper than $1000
Awesome. This is probably the only thing holding me back from pulling the trigger on one. For some reason, I really want the trail cam.

scuuuud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Abarth, 2017 WRX, 2009 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
So did a little more research. On the washer diagram, you can see the main nozzles are item 3 and the main washer hose is item 1. I’ve deduced that items 4,6,7 are the trail cam washer hose and nozzle. There seems to also be a pump below the reservoir for the trail cam. When I get my Jeep back from the dealer I’ll try to pull apart the reservoir and investigate if the hose and pump are there as well as the harness. I really hope so otherwise I’ll give up on the washer idea.

Also found a part called a video processing module for the front camera.

30677C3E-D2A7-4CFF-A732-C752DA3D20AF.jpeg

69FFCF83-6E37-4684-BD00-F02B37592A62.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So did a little more research. On the washer diagram, you can see the main nozzles are item 3 and the main washer hose is item 1. I’ve deduced that items 4,6,7 are the trail cam washer hose and nozzle. There seems to also be a pump below the reservoir for the trail cam. When I get my Jeep back from the dealer I’ll try to pull apart the reservoir and investigate if the hose and pump are there as well as the harness. I really hope so otherwise I’ll give up on the washer idea.

Also found a part called a video processing module for the front camera.

30677C3E-D2A7-4CFF-A732-C752DA3D20AF.jpeg

69FFCF83-6E37-4684-BD00-F02B37592A62.png
I saw the video processor too. It's pricey. Wasn't sure if it was for the front camera or maybe both cameras.

Doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Audi A4
I'm curious if this will work for a reasonably amount of money. My 2013 Ram 1500 did not come with a backup camera. I bought the parts and forum member made a harness. I had to go to he dealer with the details, but they were able to program my truck and get the camera to "turn on" and work like it would just from the factory. They also only charged a half hour of labor and doubted it would work. Needless to say, they were surprised.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I saw the video processor too. It's pricey. Wasn't sure if it was for the front camera or maybe both cameras.
Maybe that video processor gets you "HD" for the front ? like the back ? I am hesitant on the aftermarket trail cam because I want HD in the front like the back... It seems that might be possible with the OEM stuff ?

dstephns

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 1966 Sunbeam Tiger
Maybe that video processor gets you "HD" for the front ? like the back ? I am hesitant on the aftermarket trail cam because I want HD in the front like the back... It seems that might be possible with the OEM stuff ?
I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I called my dealer today and it appears that at least some of the parts are available but not as a kit
to install. He did not specify whether harnesses were available. I politely asked what people are going to do if in a front end accident and camera
and harness are damaged? He really couldn't say. At any rate good job on finding parts and maybe eventually we can have this OEM installed.
Dave

Last edited:

KAT$JT

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~ '20 Punk'n Metallic Rubicon ~ '19 BMW X3 M40i~
Occupation
Director of IT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I called my dealer today and it appears that at least some of the parts are available but not as a kit
to install. He did not specify whether harnesses were available. I politly asked what people are going to do if in a front end accident and camera
and harness are dagaged? He really couldn't say. At any rate good job on finding parts and maybe eventually we can have this OEM installed.
Dave
If ya'll can find the parts, the Tazer JL mini device allows you to enable and disable the front and rear cameras.
Sponsored