Sponsored

Dealer advised pull to the right is normal!

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
I say good luck on getting FCA to do anything, it's pretty much common across the board with the 2" Mopar lift, even with the JKs there were complaints, one reason I went aftermarket with mine instead of dealer installed, I have no pull, 2.5" SST Ready lift and I'm still running the stock trackbar.
I’m running Skyjackers 2.5 long travel kit and don’t have a pull to the right either with factory trackbar. I was waiting to install the adjustable should I need to, but no issues at all and the alignment was only a tad out of spec. It rides smoother than stock. Haha
Sponsored

aj8544

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR,2018 Wrangler JLU 2.0, 2018 F150
How much pull to the right are we talking about? As stated by others the crown of road will cause the vehicle to pull right (run downhill). And it doesnt take much crown to do so. This is especially true of solid axle vehicles like jeeps and hd trucks- everyone Ive owned ran to the right. If 2 alignment shops say everything is in spec I think its hard to believe anything is amiss, especially since its the mopar lift.

Is this a “I take my hand of the wheel and the vehicle drifts right” thing or a “the wheel is forcibly pulling to the right” thing? Did you drive it before the lift?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
How much pull to the right are we talking about? As stated by others the crown of road will cause the vehicle to pull right (run downhill). And it doesnt take much crown to do so. This is especially true of solid axle vehicles like jeeps and hd trucks- everyone Ive owned ran to the right. If 2 alignment shops say everything is in spec I think its hard to believe anything is amiss, especially since its the mopar lift.

Is this a “I take my hand of the wheel and the vehicle drifts right” thing or a “the wheel is forcibly pulling to the right” thing? Did you drive it before the lift?
Exactly, or tires? What kind of tires you got, A/T, M/T, Brand, bigger tires tend to grab the road grooves and that can seem like it's pulling because it's normally going to go with grade which is to the right.

Pogoda

First Name
Rob & Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins; 2001 Ram 2500 5.9 diesel
Just got back from my local dealer. I have a pull to the right since day one ( dealer installed Mopar 2” lift). I have adjustable track bar to center and both sides are equal.

I’ve been to two different alignment shops and everything is in spec. I swapped front wheels (side to side) and nothing.
Now the dealer advises that the pull is normal since they cannot find a solution or remedy. They said that the tech drove comparable vehicles and they both pulled.

Anyone have any ideas about where to take it or what to try next? @JeepCares any advise??
I’m not going to provide a good survey score when I receive one...
Thanks for the help
Since paved and graded roads are crowned for water run off, there is a slight feel of pull to right.. I feel it on my Ram and it’s totally aligned and in spec.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I’m running Skyjackers 2.5 long travel kit and don’t have a pull to the right either with factory trackbar. I was waiting to install the adjustable should I need to, but no issues at all and the alignment was only a tad out of spec. It rides smoother than stock. Haha
Mine as well. Was going to add Geo correction brackets and a Adjustable Trackbar but like you said until I feel the need I'm going to drive it as is. Rides great!

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
I have no pull to the right with my Mopar lift either. I am running stock stabilizer, stock wheels and stock tires.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Same. Mopar lift, no pull at all.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Cars will eventually drift to the right because of the crown of the road.... Best to test on a big fwy that is more level.
This only applies if you are driving on the right side of the crown...if you are on a multi-lane road, the crown could push you to the left if you are in the left lane...a car's suspension/steering system is designed to pull to the the right to do as I posted. It is a built in safety issue, however shouldn't "pull" drastically. The old test where you firmly press the brakes with a very light grip on the steering wheel shouldn't result in a pull to the left or right. The vehicle should track straight. However if you are driving on a completely flat road, no crown and let go of the steering wheel, the car should drift to the right, avoiding oncoming traffic.

OP
OP
JJmoto

JJmoto

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
This only applies if you are driving on the right side of the crown...if you are on a multi-lane road, the crown could push you to the left if you are in the left lane...a car's suspension/steering system is designed to pull to the the right to do as I posted. It is a built in safety issue, however shouldn't "pull" drastically. The old test where you firmly press the brakes with a very light grip on the steering wheel shouldn't result in a pull to the left or right. The vehicle should track straight. However if you are driving on a completely flat road, no crown and let go of the steering wheel, the car should drift to the right, avoiding oncoming traffic.
This pull is more dramatic than a slight drift. It’s not exaggerated when applying the brakes.
It pulls the same on single lane roads, multi-lane city streets and on the hwy.

Sponsored

jimonfly

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
I just picked up mine last weekend. Sport with Max Tow package, 2" Mopar lift installed by the dealer, and dealer installed 35" Ridge Grapplers. I have a pull to the right as well. I thought it was just on the local roads due to the crown, but it's happening on the highway and interstate at all speeds. I have to turn the wheel about 10 degrees left to go straight.

I had it in to the dealer today for that (and the rear window leaking) but they can't do it there, something about the lip on the rims and the shop that can couldn't work it in. It'll have to wait until the rear window comes in. I know the shop they use and will trust what they tell me, but I don't have that info yet.

aj8544

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR,2018 Wrangler JLU 2.0, 2018 F150
I just picked up mine last weekend. Sport with Max Tow package, 2" Mopar lift installed by the dealer, and dealer installed 35" Ridge Grapplers. I have a pull to the right as well. I thought it was just on the local roads due to the crown, but it's happening on the highway and interstate at all speeds. I have to turn the wheel about 10 degrees left to go straight.

I had it in to the dealer today for that (and the rear window leaking) but they can't do it there, something about the lip on the rims and the shop that can couldn't work it in. It'll have to wait until the rear window comes in. I know the shop they use and will trust what they tell me, but I don't have that info yet.
My stock Rubicon JT and my wife’s JLU Sahara (33s no lift) both require that amount of steering to go straight on most our roads here- interstate/ state highway etc... Never thought anything of it. Essentially its just a bit of pressure on the wheel to the left, can almost feel where it needs to be. Previously had a Ram 2500 that was similar. Unless its pulling the wheel hard I still think this is to be expected with solid front axles.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
tires and tire pressure can affect this as well...but I am driving my Rubicon with stock suspension and 35's with no issues. I had a Metal Cloak 2.5" lift and 35's on my JK and it aligned to factory specs and no pull. And I don't mean to belittle anyone, but are you a first time Jeep owner?

OP
OP
JJmoto

JJmoto

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
tires and tire pressure can affect this as well...but I am driving my Rubicon with stock suspension and 35's with no issues. I had a Metal Cloak 2.5" lift and 35's on my JK and it aligned to factory specs and no pull. And I don't mean to belittle anyone, but are you a first time Jeep owner?
Yes, but there’s no way a pull to the right that is more like a lane change rather than a slight drift is normal or acceptable!

jimonfly

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
I'm on my 5th Jeep. The last was a 2015 JKU with 2.5" MC lift and 33s. No pull there. I'm thinking mine is an alignment issue, but I may also invest in adjustable track bars, which the Mopar lift didn't include. I'll see what the alignment shop says.
Sponsored