Sponsored

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Update from me... dealership initially told me (and the @JeepCares rep handling my case) that they could only order 1 a week and there were 3 in front of me. Well, 3 weeks later, they are now saying they can only order one every 14 days. The Jeep Cares rep I am working with (Meka, she has been great) said no other dealerships she has spoken to have a limitation on ordering these and FCA has not imposed a limit on ordering or indicated any kind of back order).

So, I am going to wait 3 more weeks and if this dealership is still screwing around when the @JeepCares rep follows up again with them , we are going to look for a different dealership.
What I did: I contacted JeepCares. They directed me to FCA Jeep Canada Customer Care. They both really helped.
IF THERE IS a quota, the time to get the parts and get this done is only going to increase...

So I contacted them right away. I hope this advice helps. I would and did do it now.
Sponsored

boltnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Business Owner
Had the TSB performed yesterday. For some reason my outcome has not been the same as what others seem to be experiencing. My steering is definitely not any better. In fact I think it's slightly worse. Still loose, slow to respond and wandering. Checked the new steering box and it is the correct one. I'm feeling pretty deflated to say the least.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Had the TSB performed yesterday. For some reason my outcome has not been the same as what others seem to be experiencing. My steering is definitely not any better. In fact I think it's slightly worse. Still loose, slow to respond and wandering. Checked the new steering box and it is the correct one. I'm feeling pretty deflated to say the least.
Check the steering fluid levels? Look at them after your truck has cooled off for a while. Some people have been having issues with their fluid levels and not having enough. Assume they weren't burped properly and had air in there somewhere. Have any way of verifying the rest of your steering bits are tightened? Are you lifted? Have bigass tires?

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well after being off today, driving my LJ around and noting how much better it's steering is. Then noticing that my JT's steering gearbox looking like it has weeping around sector shaft area. I'm thinking it's time for me to drop in with it. My LJ has over 250000 miles and a 3 in lift.:facepalm: and about to put 33 MT back on it.

boltnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Business Owner
Check the steering fluid levels? Look at them after your truck has cooled off for a while. Some people have been having issues with their fluid levels and not having enough. Assume they weren't burped properly and had air in there somewhere. Have any way of verifying the rest of your steering bits are tightened? Are you lifted? Have bigass tires?
I haven't checked the fluid yet. I will tonight. I don't have the tools to check everything for tightness. Stock suspension and tires.

Sponsored

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
Dropped mine off for service this morning! It's Christmas day. I cannot wait for this fix and to be done with this thread almost 80 pages later.
Lol, I don't even own one yet and I still read this thread almost every day because it's always at the top of my Google news feed and I can't stop clicking on it.

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
Woooooo! Just picked up my JT with part P68507576AA. Power steering fluid level is good. Steering doesn't feel notchy. Wheel seems on straight.

Driving home I had it up to 50mph and it it's a lot better. I still need more time before I jump on the night and day difference bandwagon but the steering no longer pulls right, the steering no longer requires constant input, no more walking left and right all over the road. Wheel is more responsive and no more 10-15Ā° dead zone at the top of the wheel.

Only thing I did notice is some roads do need the wheel 2Ā° left, but that just seemed to me like the pull off the crown of the road. I was holding it at 2Ā° and we were going straight. I was not having to saw left-right-left-right-left to go straight.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Woooooo! Just picked up my JT with part P68507576AA. Power steering fluid level is good. Steering doesn't feel notchy. Wheel seems on straight.

Driving home I had it up to 50mph and it it's a lot better. I still need more time before I jump on the night and day difference bandwagon but the steering no longer pulls right, the steering no longer requires constant input, no more walking left and right all over the road. Wheel is more responsive and no more 10-15Ā° dead zone at the top of the wheel.

Only thing I did notice is some roads do need the wheel 2Ā° left, but that just seemed to me like the pull off the crown of the road. I was holding it at 2Ā° and we were going straight. I was not having to saw left-right-left-right-left to go straight.
Sounds about right for typical road crown.

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Sounds like there are some concerns over getting parts, butā€”after everyone who actually need it gets oneā€”is this something everyone with the silver steering box should do? My steering isnā€™t terrible (I donā€™t think), but Maybe it could be better?..

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
I got the call and scheduled to drop it off tomorrow morning to pick up in the afternoon. Looking forward to it. They said they would either provide a rental or an Uber. I see the shananigans are still going on with denials.

Sponsored

smw17gladiator

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Max Tow
First time Jeep owner since I drove a mid-90s Cherokee many years ago. Absolutely love my JT. Got the sport s max tow as I Intend to use the payload and towing capacities as much as off roading. But canā€™t say I have real experience knowing what a ā€œrealā€ Jeep and its steering feels like. Havenā€™t upgraded wheels / tires or lifted mine yet, and steering doesnā€™t seem horrible. But little wary about waiting this out, trying to tow a sizable load and then have steering issues. Have appointment at dealer end of this week to have TSB work done, and little unsure if maybe I should leave well enough alone? Anyone with more knowledge / experience see a downside to going ahead and getting it done? Thanks for humoring the newbie.

Sgt. Pepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
got mine back today, same power steering gear as old one, when i asked, advisor says the new steering gear does not fit and that it could be my rtt thats causing some variance, drives the same as before

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
got mine back today, same power steering gear as old one, when i asked, advisor says the new steering gear does not fit and that it could be my rtt thats causing some variance, drives the same as before
Maybe they need to have it pointed out that the steering gear is easier to service from under the vehicle, not from above ... or maybe they thought you had ā€˜rackā€™ and pinion...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
LOL - that's funny. New steering gear won't fit a JT - haha - geesh, maybe they are really a VW dealership? Have they ever seen a Jeep before? OF course it fits! Even the wrong one - even the Wrangler steering gear will fit, it's just not right for the JT .
So even if they screwed up, it would fit.
You need to get JeepCares involved. If you get a survey - give the dealership all zeros.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
First time Jeep owner since I drove a mid-90s Cherokee many years ago. Absolutely love my JT. Got the sport s max tow as I Intend to use the payload and towing capacities as much as off roading. But canā€™t say I have real experience knowing what a ā€œrealā€ Jeep and its steering feels like. Havenā€™t upgraded wheels / tires or lifted mine yet, and steering doesnā€™t seem horrible. But little wary about waiting this out, trying to tow a sizable load and then have steering issues. Have appointment at dealer end of this week to have TSB work done, and little unsure if maybe I should leave well enough alone? Anyone with more knowledge / experience see a downside to going ahead and getting it done? Thanks for humoring the newbie.
I'd do it........ don't wait.
Sponsored